It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We The People

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

We The People

www.ushistory.org

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:05 PM
link   

When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

Seems to me that after that passage of this attack on the U.S. taxpayer, this is something we need to now put into effect.

www.ushistory.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I hate to say it. As much as I would like the constitution to be breaking news.... something tells me its not.... Now as for whats happening in D.C.!!! that is some freaky stuff!!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   
How can you say that the constitution is not breaking down, when the will of the people is being defyied. What is horrible, is that the truth about history is terribly distorted. The average person does not support the current position of the government, as being created by both parties.
More than any other time in history, the will of the people is being defyied.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
This thread made me think about this:

www.freestateproject.org...

Thoughts?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I just say this thread jump out at me amongst the listing on the "recent topics" page.
The first thing that came to mind and prompted me to post it.

[thread title] are screwed.

The quotes from the constitution... nice words, powerful words.

For those that subscribe to any or many of the various theories of conspiracy, and those that don't, read my tag line.

That's what it is.

We believe that we have rights given to us by words. The power of "We the People". We believe in this.

The truth to me, in my opinion, is that these things, these powers, these rights have been accounted for in any theory you follow.

The truth to me, viewed by my eyes is that, "We the People" have believed the lies that we were taught were the truth. Therefor, we have not excersized the rights, and have allowed them to erode away.

"We the people" have been spoon fed to believe that the court room drama O.J. Simpson, Micheal Jackson, Brotney Spears, Lindsey Lohan, Paris Hilton et al are more important than the real drama that goes on in Washington. While "we the people" were fixated on those and other things of trivial nature, "we the people" were hood-winked.

When "We the People" wake up en mass, it will come at a heavy toll. For "they" are prepared and have steered us. The time has come when you attempt to excersize those rights of the constitution, you can and will be single out as an a "radical". Such as the RNC 8 (is that what they cal them - the 8 people they went and got out of bed).
These are some glorious times.

PS - anyone have any good recipes for making clay tablets. I wanna bury some history in my yard.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by GirlNextDoor
This thread made me think about this:

www.freestateproject.org...

Thoughts?
i don't understand why they want 20k people to move there? why 20,000? what will this do and what is their cause? that page lacks info.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:25 AM
link   
People who moved there to seek greater freedom from the federal government are likely to vote, and 20K is the number they've estimated will get them the majority voice in voting, given the low population of NH. (At least that's how I understand it.)

This page has a lot of answers and info: Free State Project FAQ.

From that page is a boiled-down version of their statement of intent:

...support the creation of a society in which the maximum role of civil government is the protection of citizens' rights to life, liberty, and property. In essence, this includes everyone who wants to cut the size and scope of government by about two-thirds or more. Put in a positive way, most FSP members support policies such as abolition of all income taxes, elimination of regulatory bureaucracies, repeal of most gun control laws, repeal of most drug prohibition laws, complete free trade, decentralization of government, and widescale privatization. People of this disposition may go by many names: "classical liberals" (not the same as modern liberals at all, but followers of Thomas Jefferson and similar thinkers), libertarians, paleoconservatives, constitutionalists, voluntarists, etc., etc.

[edit on 10/4/08 by GirlNextDoor]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Look, insterad of using currency, you can exchane services for services, goods for goods, services for goods, and goods for services, and screw the monetary system. It is as easy as this.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mantic

' The truth to me, viewed by my eyes is that, "We the People" have believed the lies that we were taught were the truth. Therefor, we have not excersized the rights, and have allowed them to erode away.

"We the people" have been spoon fed to believe that the court room drama O.J. Simpson, Micheal Jackson, Brotney Spears, Lindsey Lohan, Paris Hilton et al are more important than the real drama that goes on in Washington. While "we the people" were fixated on those and other things of trivial nature, "we the people" were hood-winked.

When "We the People" wake up en mass, it will come at a heavy toll. For "they" are prepared and have steered us. The time has come when you attempt to excersize those rights of the constitution, you can and will be single out as an a "radical". Such as the RNC 8 (is that what they cal them - the 8 people they went and got out of bed). '

Priceless

Good to see this calibre of post

What you say is undeniably true.

Unfortunately

Well said !

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Oh yeah, and people who have no skill but their abilitiy to play dirty political games willl have total opposition to this type of new world. Without giant businesses and therefor giant government, there will not be giant control systems to subjecective us to their belfiiefs. If you have skills in the physical world, this is what you should be praying for.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
You are either pat of the revolution, or you oppose it, or you are a standby. Which do you want to be?

top topics

join