It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hate school..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Well, in my Sociology class today, we had to go use the computers in another room, so I figured instead of lugging around my books I'd leave them there and we'd come back afterwards to do whatever.

So, we get there, and I shortly finish what I had to do. The teacher tells me to get my book out and do my vocabulary. I explain to him I didn't bring my books, and he says to me, "You should know to bring your books WHEREVER we go."

Okay, I say back to him "Why didn't you say anything? Ya know I can't read your mind." That, for some unexplainable reason made him start screaming at me about my smart mouth. I'm starting to get a little ticked off here, ya know? In between his rant he calls me 'numbnuts' several times, yanks up a chair and slams it onto the ground in the corner of the room and yells at me to sit there.

Fine, whatever, I'm only slightly aggravated at this idiot. I sit there while he continues yelling when I catch him say something that REALLY made me angry. He exclaims that if I had READ the papers he gave me at the beginning of the year, I would KNOW to bring my books wherever we go.

Seems like a logical explanation, eh? Well not really, I joined this class about 3 weeks after school started. He never gave me anything, told me anything, and I even made zeros on tests and things he never gave me to do. I turn my head towards him to tell him that and he tells me to NOT turn my head in his direction or speak to him.

I'm really angry right now (think I need anger counseling?
), but being me, I don't say anything. Hell, I haven't said anything since he started yelling. So after he quiets down and I'm sitting there, I pull out my book and start reading it. He walks up to me and grabs it out of my hand and tells me I can't read in his class. I give up and just sit there for nearly an hour and twenty minutes.

---

Really, this guy is an idiot. He's actually a coach for the football team. Uh, and I'm a Junior in highschool.

*twitch*
-Will

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I honestly don't think you are the one that has the anger issues in this scenario. I am a senior and have had my fair share of incidents regarding the near prison like schools that I have been to. I have always been a good kid, yet the school authorities insist on always making sure that they are never the ones caught in the wrong...the students are the ones who are always wrong(according to the authorities). Like they always say, they're just preparing us for the real world!?! The world where we are supposed to obey, don't ask questions, believe what you are told, etc. I feel for you and all students who have the guts to refuse to be a sheeple.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Basilis

Ignorant much? (your teacher that is, not you).

You'll get people like that anywhere you go, thankfully not everyone is like your sociology teacher.

Trying to reason with them with logic and calmness doesn't always work because they do what they feel is right and don't think about others situations and/or feelings too much.

I'm a junior in high school also, but I don't hate school, but it's nice to have a break every weekend and get let out every 2:15. Good luck with your teacher, he sounds like a jerk.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
School is a breeze for most people compared to the cr*p that gets thrown at you in real life later on.

Make the best of it and realise that being a kid is something you can't get out of right now.

And being a teacher is something he probably can't get out of....ever.

Who has a future with more choice and prospects?

Good luck.

top topics

join