It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan End Timeline Corrected

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   
i read the starting post, but was intrigued by the statement

"2012 is the death of venus."

what does the OP mean by that???

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill

I recently saw a documentry called "ring of power 2 monkey blood pt1"
Very interesting & they say that the nibiru in all the old refrences was is in fact Venus which makes a lot of sense, & they refer to venus crossing where it comes very close to earth every so many years. Maybe this is what the 2012 nibiru/venus thing is about esp with that "2012 is the death of venus." statment.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cropmuncher

Originally posted by coredrill

I recently saw a documentry called "ring of power 2 monkey blood pt1"
Very interesting & they say that the nibiru in all the old refrences was is in fact Venus which makes a lot of sense, & they refer to venus crossing where it comes very close to earth every so many years. Maybe this is what the 2012 nibiru/venus thing is about esp with that "2012 is the death of venus." statment.

Niburu doesn't exist. The Planet Niburu is a creation of fake con man and pseudo-archaeologist/linguist Zecharia Sitchin.

Venus may come close to earth and it will go back also. its cyclical. But that doesn't mean "death of venus"

posted on Jan, 12 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

I have absolutly no idea of the credibility of this website, but it was the first thing that came up on a Google search:

In The Mayan Prophecies, Adrian Gilbert said that he used astronomical software called SKYGLOBE to look at the sky as it was at dawn, on 12 August 3114 BC ....He found that as the Pleiades were on the meridian, the Sun was preceded by Venus as the morning star. This he took to be the mythical “Birth of Venus” associated with the start of the Great Cycle. Just as in ancient Egypt, the dawn rising of Sirius heralded the flooding of the Nile and the beginning of a new year, and the meridian transits of Orion correlated to the First Time and Last Time of Osiris; to the Maya, the meridian transit of the Pleiades announced the “Birth of Venus” as it rose over the horizon.

Gilbert used SKYGLOBE to check the sky on 22 December 2012 (where he dates the end of the Great Cycle), and found that, just before sunset, as the Pleiades rise over the eastern horizon, Venus sinks below the western horizon. This, he thinks, is the symbolic “Death of Venus”, indicating the start of a new precessional age.

Immanuel Velikovsky has said in his book Worlds in Collision, that the Birth of Venus occurred when Venus was “born” from Jupiter. A cosmic collision caused a part of Jupiter to burst out, becoming a comet, and leaving the famous red spot where it burst out. This is clearly illustrated in the Greek myth of Athene who sprang from the head of Zeus, making Mount Olympus tremble and stirring the sea, (Athene, reasons Velikovsky, is the planet Venus, and Zeus is the planet Jupiter). Velikovsky dated this event as contemporary with the Exodus of the Israelites from Egypt, explaining the plagues and parting of the Red Sea. Several Mayan and Aztec myths were also cited as evidence, including the fact that Quetzalcoatl, which means feathered serpent, is the well-known name for the planet Venus. It was also called “the star that smoked”.

It goes on and on, but it's too much to post here in one post.

The website again.

Mod Note: Quote Reference-Please Review This Link.

[edit on Tue Jan 13 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Jan, 13 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by robertfenix

dear Robert, could you please send me acopy of your chart of the Mayan calendar 104year cycle.This is very interesting and I thank you in advance....john.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Dagummit.
First they change the date for the Digital TV switchover from Feb 17, 2009 to who knows what, AND NOW THIS.

This is one hell of a monkey wrench being thrown into my plans.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by outsider

so what exactly does too late mean? do you have a plan to stop the end of the world?

posted on Dec, 18 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ravenshadow13

This does not seem to mark the end of reality because the Mayans marked a royal anniversary to occur in October 4772 AD

This is an interesting date, many scholars think that the Mayan long count was synchronized with the 25,800 year precession cycle. The equinox precesses at the rate of 1 degree every 72 years. Wonder if that is related to in the 47 72 date? It seems strange that the Mayan's would have worked backward from the far future date of 2012 when creating their calendar? Why would precession be so important to them? Most calendar systems evolved around the length of the year using simpler solar and lunar cycles.
edit on 18-12-2010 by Slichter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join