It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fall Down Seven Times...Get Up Eight.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:08 PM
link   
The title is from a Chinese Proverb.

I'm wondering about the sub-conscious and psychological ramifications of this Economic drama on the American psyche. Even after the Congress rejected the original version of the bill, the market was up a few times. Then, after the bill was approved which gave them everything they wanted - the market tanked a bit again. Now, once again, we find ourselves holding our breathe about next week.

The market reactions to the 24 hour news cycle have been positively schizoid. I think it's entirely possible that the psychological ramifications of this bill are far more dangerous to America than the economic results. Are we a broken people? Did the Bailout defeat us? Did it take the bloom off the rose of our great experiment in Democracy and Capitalism?

Where do we go from here? It seems the average citizen feels more helpless than at any other time in our history, but it's from our citizenry that the real answers and recovery will come. How can we coalesce and organize ourselves in order to maintain our American spirit ? How can we inspire each other to overcome what surely seems insurmountable?

It's against our nature to stay down. We have to get up.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I don't know if it is against our nature to stay down. If it was why did we ignore what was so obviously flawed about our political and economic systems, and bask in the unfounded and completely false belief that ours is the best country in the world, while living beyond our means and perpetuating what the rest of the world has long known was just an illusion. We have been down for a long time and we aren't going to get up until there is a major change in the superficiality of the values and and self image of the average U.S. citizen

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I personally loved the senators making their speeches shaking their fat little rooster necks saying how much they were against it, but would vote Ay.

It's an election year. There are many sources to see who sold us out.

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Come on people...we need some positivity now more than ever!

Do we really want to go down like this!? We have to get back up!

Are we going to let Banksters and the Kleptocracy dictate to us!? It might be hard and we might be overwhelmed, but we are not out. The U.S. is resilient.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
The U.S. is resilient.

Only the intelligent people of what was once called The United States are resilient. It's too bad the majority of the people are ignorant. We'd have to pull off a Thermopylae in order to restore our great nation. I fear we're short of three-hundred. None of us, the one's who understand 'we're going down', want it to happen. The rest of us don't know 'we're going down'.

posted on Oct, 16 2008 @ 08:35 PM
link   
"Failure, is merely another opportunity to succeed"
Who could ever deny that the human spirit is indomitable?
How many atrocities have the humans on this planet suffered?
Life goes on.
All the prophesy about this being the end times are absolutely 100% correct, despite anyone who denies it.
The end times are at hand.
The end of our way of life, not the end of the world.
It's all a matter of perspective, not only from those preaching the end, but those who listen to it as well.
Your perspective may be different from mine.
Does that make either of us wrong or right?
What is the common truth of it all?
Life goes on.
Life persists.
Who are we to deny this ?
Who says that we need to maintain our present notions of existence?
For us to find a new way of existing, the old ways MUST come to an end.
The only truth I have ever found to be universal and inescapable, no matter the perspective, is that everything is always changing.

pEAcE

new topics

top topics

join