It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experts: 64 Percent of Russian Pregnancies End in Abortion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Experts: 64 Percent of Russian Pregnancies End in Abortion (Russia)

www.sptimesrussia.com

Each year in Russia, more than 64 percent of all pregnancies end in abortion, while in Western European countries the level is below 25 percent. By comparison, there are 10 to 15 abortions per 100 pregnancies in the U.K. and 5 or 6 per 100 in the Netherlands.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.lifesitenews.com

[edit on 3/10/08 by Shere Khaan]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I find this incredible. I don't want to start a debate on pro-abortion vs pro-life, but even if you are pro-abortion these figures are massive!

The only reason I can think that it would be so high is if they are actively trying to promote a reduction in their population. I wonder how this figure matches up with China's?

The Russian government is attempting to promote family values within the country, naming 2008, "The Year of the Family." Abortions, however, are still offered free of charge at all state clinics.

www.sptimesrussia.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I'm not suprised alas, I saw a big article in the new years ago on this issue in Russia.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   

One in ten women who undergo an abortion in Russia is below 18 years of age, doctors say. Gynecological disease rates for teenage girls in 15-17 age group, have jumped by an alarming 30 percent in the last five years.

That's crazy... 30%?! Russian ladies are so fine too

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Where in the WORLD do they get those figures?!?!

A much higher percentage than that, of pregnancies, ends in a natural miscarriage early-on. Usually the woman wasn't far along, and/or didn't even know she was pregnant.

I don't believe this article one bit.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I believe condoms and other birth control methods would be more advantageous to an abortion and its possible complications. Not to mention the morality by using it as a prime birth control method.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
This is probably part of Russia's population crisis - the replacement rate is lower than the birth rate.

Drug use is rampant, lots of people smoke and eat bad (going by stats I've read, anyway).

Really huge demographic problems for Russia.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattguy404
This is probably part of Russia's population crisis - the replacement rate is lower than the birth rate.

Drug use is rampant, lots of people smoke and eat bad (going by stats I've read, anyway).

These stats were for Russia you say?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ANoNyMiKE

For Russia, yes (population in millions):

Most of the world's other nation's have rising population numbers, even little old Australia!

But here you're practically paid AU$5000 to have a kid.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by mattguy404]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I guess if anything im surpised that 64% end in aborthion. Im surprised they are fertile enough to begin with to need abortive proceedures.

Alcohol abuse is rampant in tbhat country. Wow-and folks think that Americans, French and Italians drink a lot? You aint seen nothing like the Russians. Those jokers drink like its going away or something. Soldiers as well...and i dont mean on the weekends if you get my drift.

Oh and before anyone asks for a link about any of that-let me make it easy: Google it and you will get millions of links of documentation.

Originally posted by mattguy404

top topics

join