It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Atheists Hijacked Darwin's Evolution??

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by noobfun

right on. thanks for the info i definately am going to study up on it, its good to someone who can inform without being condencending or antagonistic. kudos to you man!

posted on Jan, 24 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by lunchbox1979

trust me i can deffinatley be both

its usually in the face of dumb willing ignorance though not honest questions, sarcasm is free the rest they have to earn

posted on Dec, 27 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by jakyll

yes they have and I totally agree that the online Atheists have hijacked Darwins theory... with intent !

I have made several posts and comments on this very subject myself and I am surprised to read your comments about this too.

Atheists are such a lowly crowd and they happen to be minority (something Evolution is phasing out) so they also have the most time to hover abouts the internets spreading hate and showing their true face of anger and despair because the world is rejecting them and ushering them out by not offering Atheists the opportunity o breed.

good topic OP !

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic.Artifact
reply to post by jakyll

yes they have and I totally agree that the online Atheists have hijacked Darwins theory... with intent !

I have made several posts and comments on this very subject myself and I am surprised to read your comments about this too.

Atheists are such a lowly crowd and they happen to be minority (something Evolution is phasing out) so they also have the most time to hover abouts the internets spreading hate and showing their true face of anger and despair because the world is rejecting them and ushering them out by not offering Atheists the opportunity o breed.

good topic OP !

You just lumped millions of people into a single group and called them a "lowly crowd", then accused them of hovering about the "internets" spreading hate because the world refuses them the capability to breed? Apart from the fact that this doesn't really make a whole lot of sense, it's hypocrisy in the highest regard. I've yet to see an atheist lump millions of believers together and make broad, negative comments about them, yet you're the one calling all atheists angry and lowly?

The fact that atheists are the minority is neither here nor there; and could you please provide any sort of mechanism by which evolution is "phasing" atheists out?

Oh wait, you're just spewing nonsense as fact, so you're probably going to either ignore this post or respond with something irrelevant.
edit on 30-12-2010 by Tetrarch42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Darwin's belief in a deity is completely irrelevant and doesn't prove/disprove that deity's existence. He did prove evolution which is why it's an accepted scientific theory...and we're using findings from it in modern medicine for example.

Evolution has nothing to do with how life began (that would be abiogenesis) which is why atheists would never "hijack" (lol) evolution. Why would we? Evolution states the fact that we have common ancestors with other lifeforms on this planet. And the fact that we evolved...and that we're still evolving. We know that to be true because they followed scientific method and backed up their claims with evidence.

Whatever statements Darwin made regarding his BELIEF isn't credible, scientific evidence...it's merely an opinion. And what you're trying to do is use an argument of authority!! That's NOT how science works. Use the actual content of the information, not the messenger to prove your point...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a very good documentary here dealing with Darwin and his dilemma: www.darwinsdilemma.org...

Investigate a mystery that Darwin never solved

edit on 12/30/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

reply to post by jakyll

Actually Darwin doubted his own theory even as evidenced in his writings... This is very simple psychology 101... Darwin's daughter dies, he denounces God in his anger and extreme hatred that he had no control over Morality even with knowledge or wealth, writes a book while still being in this mindset whilst his observations of nature and his true self comes back to the truth of Morality in an attempt to reconcile because he still feared eternal damnation (of the unknown) before his own death.

There have been plenty of scientific minds who have made this loop-d-loop in their logic because their logic (as an Atheists would perceive it) is flawed at the start because the Atheists mind is locked into a box being the all of the Etymology in the English language revolves around Monotheism. Our very language itself derives all of its meaning from where Monotheism and civility has already been.

Personally I admire William Shakespeare and William Tyndale, both of them grand architects of the English language, the former having quoted the Geneva Bible over 5000 times in his writings alone and the later contributing over 95% of the translation of the KJV Bible as we know it today and has even introduced a plethora of words into the English language.

Yes it is a conspiracy but who would expect an Atheists to understand this ? they only revolve around themselves as their own creator of the world around them. It is kind of like that part in one of the Matrix movies series, where the mayor guy meets Neo down in the bowels of the city and explains about all the machinery down there and what he feared the most was that people would not remember how to fix the machinery which kept the Zion city running, but only that they knew just that they needed it.

Atheists are ignorant of the truth of the English language and where it has come from, that is why they have no grace when using it and are sometimes even incomprehensible to others, Something which atheism surely does not have is any sense of poetry to their speech or to their comprehension and this is another reason why they can not understand the bible... it makes them angry so they criticize only this book and all of Christianity only.

You never see them denouncing any other Theistic faith, and they have hijacked Darwin's flawed mindset and theory as a weapon in their crusade and anger for not understanding the truth in it.

Darwins Dilemma

and a Documentary here: www.darwinsdilemma.org...

Investigate a mystery that Darwin never solved

Ignorance is not bliss !

And your source for all this is from a CHRISTIAN website by a single author with NO credentials who didn't cite a SINGLE one of his claims. Well, that seems unbiased and logical...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Tetrarch42

address the "edit" without just trying to discredit everything, everybody and anything

there is bigtime history here that can not be denied !

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
discrediting 1 link I quickly searched on Google to give a point to about my 50 other points I made in that post, great tactic... now have all of the naysayers jump in or even log on yourself with different usernames and bury it.

One can not escape The Truth and that our language is locked in it, and ones rejection of it is lack of understanding it and its origins.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

reply to post by Tetrarch42

address the "edit" without just trying to discredit everything, everybody and anything

there is bigtime history here that can not be denied !

Not his fault if EVERYTHING in this article is hogwash. There's no sources to back up claims, no quotes, no credible author, and nothing that would give this article any credibility.

Look, if you wanna talk science, at least stick with websites that use scientific method as a basis. Using pseudo-scientific website makes you look very silly when discussing science

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tetrarch42
from a CHRISTIAN website

Atheists are so humdrum
proving my points to the T about attacking only Christianity too because they do not even realize their mind id locked in it... one of my other dogs used to chase its tail all the time too.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
dbl post

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
made into topic here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Actually Darwin doubted his own theory even as evidenced in his writings... This is very simple psychology 101... Darwin's daughter dies, he denounces God in his anger and extreme hatred that he had no control over Morality even with knowledge or wealth, writes a book while still being in this mindset whilst his observations of nature and his true self comes back to the truth of Morality in an attempt to reconcile because he still feared eternal damnation (of the unknown) before his own death.

There have been plenty of scientific minds who have made this loop-d-loop in their logic (Einstein, Sagan, ect) Atheistic logic is flawed at the start, the Atheists mind is locked into a box being the all of the Etymology in the English language revolves around Monotheism. Our very language itself derives all of its meaning from where Monotheism and civility has already been.

Personally I admire William Shakespeare and William Tyndale, both of them grand architects of the English language, the former having quoted the Geneva Bible over 5000 times in his writings alone and the later contributing over 95% of the translation of the KJV Bible as we know it today and has even introduced a plethora of words into the English language.

Yes it is a conspiracy but who would expect an Atheists to understand this ? they only revolve around themselves as their own creator of the world around them. It is kind of like that part in one of the Matrix movies series, where the mayor guy meets Neo down in the bowels of the city and explains about all the machinery down there and what he feared the most was that people would not remember how to fix the machinery which kept the Zion city running, but only that they knew just that they needed it.

Atheists are ignorant of the truth of the English language and where it has come from, that is why they have no grace when using it and are sometimes even incomprehensible to others, Something which atheism surely does not have is any sense of poetry to their speech or to their comprehension and this is another reason why they can not understand the bible... it makes them angry so they criticize only this book and all of Christianity only.

You never see them attacking any other Theistic faith, and they have hijacked Darwin's flawed mindset and theory as a weapon in their crusade and anger for not understanding the truth in it.

here also is another great Documentary dealing with the derivatives of the English language, the whole series is quite interesting and a good educational watch.

no Zeitgeist style voicing here in this series
I suggest some may want to trace and study the Origin and Evolution of the very language they choose to speak, especially here on ATS it all seems to be English to me, except the glossolalia of the Atheists of course !

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic.Artifact

Attacking Darwin for coming up with the theory of evolution is like attacking a guy who stands outside on a sunny day for saying "the sky is blue today". You might not like the facts, but that doesn't change that in reality, evolution is fully accepted. The evidence is so overwhelming, it's not even a debate in scientific circles...hell, we even use findings of the theory in modern medicine...think about that next time you take antibiotics!

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I'm sorry, but I'm going to start off by using a lot of questions, references, quotes, and dismantling. I know you're averse to all of those, but it's the only way to address something structured in this manner.

reply to post by jakyll

Actually Darwin doubted his own theory even as evidenced in his writings...

Where is the evidence in these writings? He clearly accepted the theory, though he did balk at the sheer implication of it all. He balked at how vast and explanatory the whole of it would be. He balked at how it would be challenged and how it seemed to boldly enter into the realms where previously only a deity entered. But he didn't doubt any of it.

This is very simple psychology 101... Darwin's daughter dies, he denounces God in his anger and extreme hatred that he had no control over Morality even with knowledge or wealth, writes a book while still being in this mindset whilst his observations of nature

I'm sorry, but Darwin came up with the ideas of evolution well before his Daughter's death. In fact, he had been working on it prior to her death The process by which the theory developed is well documented. Now, he came up with the idea around the time he was getting married, and developed it in the early part of his marriage, a period of great joy. In fact, he had even ceased going to church in 1849, prior to Anne Darwin falling ill. There is also no evidence that he abandoned morality in the course of this issue, seeing as he maintained his anti-imperialist, abolitionist views.

So essentially your point crumbles upon examination as it is not based in either psychology or anything true about Darwin's life. It is a

and his true self comes back to the truth of Morality in an attempt to reconcile because he still feared eternal damnation (of the unknown) before his own death.

I'm sorry, but what truth of morality? Are you repeating the myth that Darwin recanted on his deathbed or experienced some conversion? You're also capitalizing morality, I don't understand why. What do you mean by "Morality"? And where is the evidence that Darwin had previously accepted it?

There have been plenty of scientific minds who have made this loop-d-loop in their logic (Einstein, Sagan, ect)

Sagan was an agnostic atheist and Einstein was a nontheist of some manner, possibly an agnostic pantheist, possibly an agnostic atheist, but he most assuredly didn't believe in any sort of deity in the religious sense. I separated this sentence from the paragraph because it has nothing to do with the paragraph it begins.

Atheistic logic is flawed at the start, the Atheists mind is locked into a box being the all of the Etymology in the English language revolves around Monotheism. Our very language itself derives all of its meaning from where Monotheism and civility has already been.

I'm sorry, but how does the English language revolve around monotheism? Even if this were true, what about all the Scandinavian atheists? What about all of the Chinese atheists? The French ones? Surely they aren't constricted by the requirements of the English language.

But back to the point on the English language. I'm quite invested in it, I even teach it as a foreign language and get paid to do so, and I am quite familiar with it in this way. Could you please demonstrate how the English language has anything to do with monotheism? It's a mixture of a Germanic Anglo-Saxon tongue and Norman French.

As for that last bit, what do monotheism and civility have to do with each other? Monotheism is no more or less civil than polytheism, deism or atheism. Many horribly uncivil things have been done by people, regardless of their religious beliefs or lack thereof.

Personally I admire William Shakespeare and William Tyndale, both of them grand architects of the English language,

What? I'm sorry, but William Shakespeare might have made some new words up and been one of the best users of the English language in theatre of all time, but how was he an architect of the English language? Chaucer had been dead for over 150 years when Shakespeare was born. Chaucher's works, amongst the entirety of English literature, are possibly the most influential with regard to the formation of the English language. Though no author's use of the language was anywhere near as influential as the social and political forces involved. As for Tyndale, same argument.

the former having quoted the Geneva Bible over 5000 times in his writings alone and the later contributing over 95% of the translation of the KJV Bible as we know it today and has even introduced a plethora of words into the English language.

Um...where's your evidence for the number of quotes of the Geneva Bible in Shakespeare's work? And Tyndale didn't contribute that much of the translation of the KJV, he wasn't even involved in the project. Though his work was influential to those who were translating the KJV, where'd you get "95%" from?

Yes it is a conspiracy but who would expect an Atheists to understand this ?

I'm sorry, but why are you attacking atheists as not understanding things? Most of the USA's Nobel Prize winners? Atheists. They're pretty damn good at understanding things. And at least most conspiracy theorists try to base their conspiracies in evidence, while you are simply tossing out random numbers and random accusations.

they only revolve around themselves as their own creator of the world around them.

I'm sorry, but I'm an atheist and I'm quite sure that the world around me is independent of my own existence. I'm merely a speck on a speck on a speck on a speck. I'm quite sure other atheists would agree with me on this issue. Now, of course, you are making this claim without evidence.

It is kind of like that part in one of the Matrix movies series, where the mayor guy meets Neo down in the bowels of the city and explains about all the machinery down there and what he feared the most was that people would not remember how to fix the machinery which kept the Zion city running, but only that they knew just that they needed it.

Um...how is that an analogy? What does the machinery represent in this analogy? It's not very well done and is quite incomprehensible.

Atheists are ignorant of the truth of the English language and where it has come from, that is why they have no grace when using it and are sometimes even incomprehensible to others,

I'm sorry, but you haven't provided what the 'truth' of the English language is or where it comes from. You just rambled off something about Tyndale without supporting it, then somehow assumed that it backed up whatever claim you're trying to make. As for grace? I'm quite a graceful speaker if I do say so myself. Not the best, but I'm quite good at getting my point across. I'm also quite comprehensible. In fact, I'd say that most of the atheists here on ATS, even the ones who have English as a foreign language (like MrXYZ, who I believe is Swiss), are quite eloquent with their speech.

Something which atheism surely does not have is any sense of poetry to their speech or to their comprehension

No, I'm actually quite great with poetry. I love the poetry of Milton, his works are incredible. I love Keats and Frost as well. I'm particularly fond of Pope's "The Rape of the Lock" which uses brilliant epic style to speak about the cutting of a lock of hair.

and this is another reason why they can not understand the bible... it makes them angry so they criticize only this book and all of Christianity only.

I'm sorry, but can you demonstrate an atheist not understanding the Bible? Hell, the majority of that book isn't all that poetic, it's semi-prose. Depends on your translation. Of course, Psalms is very poetic, it's a collection of poetic songs. And we criticize a lot more than Christianity. I've already explained this to you in another thread and provided an example of Sam Harris, a prominent American atheist, speaking out publicly against Islam.

We live in a society that has mostly Christians, what would be the point in addressing Hinduism is a society that has no Hindus? Why would I point out inconsistencies in the Bhagavad Gita? How productive would be deconstructing the Qu'ran to a crowd of Christians? This board has an odd mix of members, but they're mostly Christian of one sort or another. First rule of public speaking and entertainment: Know your audience.

You never see them denouncing any other Theistic faith,

I denounce all religious faiths, some more so than others. I cannot put forth the Ba'hai faith as all too bad, their members become less of a threat the more fanatical they get because their religion is based primarily in pacifism. But all religious faiths are more or less equally unreasonable.

and they have hijacked Darwin's flawed mindset and theory as a weapon in their crusade and anger for not understanding the truth in it.

Darwin's theory of evolution isn't the property of atheists, it belongs to everyone just like any other piece of science. As I've told you several times, one of the greatest defenders of evolution is Dr. Ken Miller, a Roman Catholic biologist. Of course, there's also the implication you're making that we're 'not understanding the truth in it." What is this thing that we're missing? What are we not understanding?

here also is another great Documentary dealing with the derivatives of the English language, the whole series is quite interesting and a good educational watch.

no Zeitgeist style voicing here in this series
I suggest some may want to trace and study the Origin and Evolution of the very language they choose to speak, especially here on ATS it all seems to be English to me, except the glossolalia of the Atheists of course !

Glossolalia? Speaking in tongues? Well, I'm a bilingual individual (well, my Maltese isn't too good, but that's a product of growing up in the USA and moving back here in my adult life), but I'm incredibly familiar with the origin of English, and it is not monotheistic.

posted on Dec, 30 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

interesting info "ing- the people of" very cool! especially in light of the fact of hearing "I am Jesus" audibly in plain English, can't wait to delve into this subject a lil more in-depth, thanks for the spurring on

we hear, each in our own language in which we were born-Acts2
edit on 30-12-2010 by Rustami because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Attacking Darwin for coming up with the theory of evolution is like attacking a guy who stands outside on a sunny day for saying "the sky is blue today".

the topic is btw, have Atheists HiJacked Darwin's Evolution??

You might not like the facts, but that doesn't change that in reality, evolution is fully accepted.

yes I have never doubted evolution, but that is no to say that it is fully accepted, and that is the facts

The evidence is so overwhelming, it's not even a debate in scientific circles...hell, we even use findings of the theory in modern medicine...think about that next time you take antibiotics!

again am I denying it ? you may want to go back and read what this topic is about and then formulate a well laid out response which is on topic ?

Are you still following me around trying to get me to accept something I already learned in school ?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rustami

interesting info "ing- the people of" very cool! especially in light of the fact of hearing "I am Jesus" audibly in plain English, can't wait to delve into this subject a lil more in-depth, thanks for the spurring on

we hear, each in our own language in which we were born-Acts2

wow a logical voice finally, where did all these little green men come from ?

posted on Dec, 31 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
dbl
edit on 12/31/2010 by Cosmic.Artifact because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join