It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

11:59PM- We waited for the reprieve that NEVER CAME

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
This is a bedtime story that I have penned to tell our children when they are old enough to understand:

It is now midnight. The reprieve from the House never came. The Switch is pulled, and Democracy in America has been extinguished. The Executioners were those that we Entrusted to care for our well-being. As the life wained from our bodies, our lives flashed before us. We thought of our loved ones, the sacrifices that so many made to secure our Freedom, our Founding Fathers, who escaped the Tyranny of Kings and Despots to establish that shining City on the Hill, now replaced by new Kings and Despots, with names such as Bush, Pelosi, Frank, Obama, McCain, and the list goes on. We looked at our children and our grand children, who were forced to watch our execution. With our last dying breath, we called out to them:

"Continue the Fight. Do not give in. Unite. Don't let the new rulers divert you with false arguments between two mythical political parties. They are just bread and circuses. We love you children, grand children. We leave you our spirit and our history. Use it wisely. Live to fight another day.
As part of our legacy, we have left you documents, hidden for safe keeping, that will, with proper care and use, allow you to once again light the flame of Democracy and Freedom. Those documents are our Declaration of Independence, and the Constitution of the United States, once revered as sacred, but on a Dark October Friday in 2008, burned by those despots that now control what is left of America. Read them, take their words to heart, and rekindle the flame of freedom and Democracy. It is our gift to you."

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I agree. They wiped their behinds with the Constitution and used the Declaration of Independence to wipe their noses.

A dark day indeed.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   
This is truly a dark day for America and for Democracy as a whole.

Too bad many seem to care less, and even worse most dont seem to have a clue what a tragic day this has been for our future as free Americans.

This date will eventually go down in history next to 9/11/01 as a day the bad men won. The beginning of the end.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:30 PM
link   
just lie back on the recliner and take another SOMA pill, it'll all go away soon and you will be happy, happy, happy.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
When the Senate passed their version of this bill I literally went to bed I was so depressed.

I knew the House would follow suit and that they did. I wasn't depressed though I was angry. When the House voted this down I actually thought they had listened to us, the people. Now I know it was all grandstanding.

God Bless America, because no one is watching out for Americans any longer. We have been hung out to dry and left for dead.

On top of all of that, economists are saying this may not even work to *save* us from ourselves.

When President Bush came on TV today I had to take a blood pressure pill I was so angry. I know exactly how my next statement came to be, but how can a President who comes into office with a surplus bankrupt a country ? As I said I know how it happened, I watched it happen.

George Bush will go down as the President who bankrupted America. Shame on you Mr. Bush.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
One of the most disgusting things I saw today, was how in 3 HOURS, people who have 401K's or stock funds in retirement, LOST 5% of their retirement.
Just as the vote started, the Dow was up 300 points, and three hours later, after a continuous fall of the Dow, it closed Down 158 points, nearly 5%. So much for "RESCUING MAIN STREET". Kiss our retirement accounts Good Bye.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I am glad we are getting tax relief on wooden arrows for kids. It really was something that was lacking.

www.swamppolitics.com...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I used to laugh at the people that said the US is sliding into tyranny.

I'm not laughing now. I feel like crying.

God help us!

[edit on 3-10-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

That is a great story. Well done! It really captures the feeling of this sad day.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Thank you. At times like this, I resort to writing short stories to express my true feelings. I truly feel that Democracy has been executed, so to speak. I think most of us feel helpless. I now understand how the average Russian must have felt under the rule of the USSR, or how slaves felt in the Roman Empire.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
excellent story...i only wish it were fiction. god knows how we americans hate the truth (hence why the politicians/leaders all lie to us) so maybe going with that reasoning it is fiction...craps...just tried to close the book and then i realized it isn't a book...

in seriousness it looks like we have no way around this one now this is our lives...just one more step toward the end.

top topics

join