It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.N. Anti-Blasphemy Resolution Curtails Free Speech, Critics Say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

U.N. Anti-Blasphemy Resolution Curtails Free Speech, Critics Say

www.foxnews.com

Religious groups and free-speech advocates are banding together to fight a United Nations resolution they say is being used to spread Sharia law to the Western world and to intimidate anyone who criticizes Islam.

The non-binding resolution on “Combating the Defamation of Religion” is intended to curtail speech that offends religion -- particularly Islam.

Pakistan and the Organization of the Islamic Conference introduced the measure to the U.N. Human Rights Council in 1999. It was amended to include religions other than Islam, and it has passed every year since.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Once again, I have to ask why is it that so many people who are so quick to scream "Foul!" when they feel their First Amendment rights are being infringed upon are the same people who were so quick to try and legitimize the United Nations & their position against the Iraq War? Time after time after time the UN has proven themselves to be enemies of personal freedoms, including speech, diet, what you do with your own hard earned dollars, and even the overall way you live your life. It never ceases to amaze me the large percentage of people who talk about fighting against the NWO, but then turn right around and embrace the UN, which is the closest thing to a true NWO that there currently is.

This country sorely needs to exit the UN and do it in such a way that it is made clear we will NOT subject ourselves to their nonsense nor to their anti-American platforms anymore.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Ohhhh great!!

I cant wait for the ecclesiastical trials!!!

I wonder, will the punishments be burning at the stake? Drawn and quartered? Beheading ? Burning of the feet? or my personal favorite branding!

new topics

join