It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Militia groups?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
After hearing on CNN today that the house passed this bail out bill I was thinking to my self that everything my government stood for just got flushed down the can. The people do not have any influence as to what the government can and cannot do anymore. If you look at what our founding fathers spoke about, and tried to prevent threw the constitution it is easy to see what has happened. My question is, knowing that there are some larger militia groups in the Midwest who claims to be constitutionalists what is it going to take before one of these groups say enough is enough, and start enlisting help from the people to reclaim our great country? I am also wondering how they would go about doing it? Do you think that the media would provide them airtime? Would they give fair warning to law enforcement? possibly announcing what there plan is and that they are no longer in authority, "we are reclaiming our country as put forth in the United States constitution by our for fathers".

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Timing would seem of the essence...

Other than that, they'd probably be labeled as terrorists and dealt with accordingly.... replete with sufficient media coverage in an effort to dissuade others from attempting the same.

...not sure what's up with your signature, though...

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Annie Mossity]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Annie Mossity

How would you determine when the time is right?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
There was a time, years ago, I was young and idealistic. I too thought that militia type organizations could do "something".

The US military would crush any organized militias within the United Stated with the stated intent to overthrow the government. The Posse Comitatus Act withstanding, the Republic will do whatever the Republic needs to do to preserve itself.

Keep that in mind for just about anything going on.

Even if county (parish) or state would vote itself (secession) from the United States, expect years of legal wrangling within the court system.

This is one of those things that look great on paper or in a book but will never work in real life.

top topics

join