It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFC 92 To End New Year with a Bang

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This is news from yesterday, but I thought I'd post this here to give all of ATS's UFC fans a heads up.

UFC 92 is supposed to air December 27 and one of the main cards will be a third bout between former PRIDE FC middleweight champ Wanderlei 'The Axe Murderer' Silva and former UFC lightheavyweight champ Quinton 'Rampage' Jackson.

The last time I saw these two fight was when I was 13 and 14 (2003 and 2004). Silva finished Rampage, both fights, in dominating fashion (A TKO and KO). It would be interesting to see how Rampage handles Silva after getting beaten by him twice four and five years ago. I can't wait for this one!

So far, these are the matchups for the event:

Rashad Evans vs. Forrest Griffin

Wanderlei Silva vs. Quinton Jackson

Antonio Noguiera vs. Frank Mir

Yushin Okami vs. Dean Lister (Can't wait for this one as well)

Looks pretty good so far. Hope they get in some lightweight bouts into the fight cardl.

www.mmaweekly.com...

EDIT: There was a problem with the link.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Striker122]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Striker122
Wanderlei Silva vs. Quinton Jackson
[edit on 3-10-2008 by Striker122]

Imo, Jackson has always been intimidated by Silva and more than likely he still is. I really believe that Jackson knows deep down he can't
Silva.

I will say this though, even though Silva won his last fight, he has (imho) NEVER been the same fighter after Cro Cop murdered him in '06

[edit on 28-11-2008 by The Scarecrow]

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I can not believe that they are putting C.B. Dolloway on the main card ahead of Yushin Okami. I really hope that what I've been reading is off and come fight night that Okami is shown the respect he deserves.

This really is going to be a great card.

Pumped to see Wanderlei back in the Octagon as well as Rampage.

I wasn't overly excited for the Mir/Nog match up, but after watching this season of "TUF", it has instilled a bit of hope in me for it. Both are great fighters and great people.

I'll also be devastated if Evans takes the title from Forrest. I want to see Forrest defend this belt a few times.

At UFC 83 in Montreal, I was walking to the bathroom between fights and ran into Griffin. He was there on his own and spent a lot of his own time standing in the lobby taking pictures with everyone that wanted one. A great guy.

posted on Nov, 28 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Man I can't wait for this fight.........It's going to be an eye opener.......

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
first, cro cop didn't murder silva. watch the fight again.

this looks like a good card. can't wait got nog/mir.

the only reason cb is on the card is cause he tapped his last guy with a peruvian neck tie and nobody has seen that sub before so they think cb is something special.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   
i want to add the fact that i think silva has rampages number. rampage has a punchers chance but silva is a monster. he is gonna be hard to stop.
okami vs lister should prove to be a good match too.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I've never been big on Vanderlei, he's a solid fighter but I think it could go either way. I'll be watching 92 for Forrest, that man is incapable of delivering a boring fight, win or lose.

I want Mir to wipe the floor with Noguiera though, that guy just bothers me for some reason. On the Ultimate Fighter, Noguiera spends most of his time handing out A's for effort and moaning about trivialities in his broken engrish, ugh.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
zombie, no way mir beats nog.
nog's jitsu is too solid and he has a rock hard chin

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by thing fish

You CAN'T be serious. There was NO point in that fight that silva ever had any advantage. But, agree to disagree.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by The Scarecrow]

posted on Dec, 1 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieOctopus
I've never been big on Vanderlei, he's a solid fighter but I think it could go either way. I'll be watching 92 for Forrest, that man is incapable of delivering a boring fight, win or lose.

I want Mir to wipe the floor with Noguiera though, that guy just bothers me for some reason. On the Ultimate Fighter, Noguiera spends most of his time handing out A's for effort and moaning about trivialities in his broken engrish, ugh.

Not big on Vanderlei either. He hasn't impressed me in his UFC fights and really seems to be getting a little long in the tooth. He does seem to have Rampages number though, so I would expect him to win again.

I can't stand Mir. I hope that Nog humbles him a bit.

All in all, I am not that excited about the card. Forrest is fun to watch but I don't like Evans. I didn't like him on TUF and I haven't liked any of his fights. I was incredibly disappointed when he KO'd Liddel.

It is odd how much action CB seems to be getting. He does seem to have the tools to be a good fighter but come on, he lost twice on TUF, yet gets more air time than the guy who won the show....

posted on Dec, 2 2008 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Scarecrow

You CAN'T be serious. There was NO point in that fight that silva ever had any advantage. But, agree to disagree.

[edit on 1-12-2008 by The Scarecrow]

i was thinking about their first fight back in 02 when it went to a draw. i completely forgot about the second fight.
yeah, wand got knocked out

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
These are the results main card. I'm so glad Rashad beat Forrest! Wasn't expecting QJ to KO Silva so quickly in the first round. Nice. Yushin Okami also beat Dean Lister by unanimous decision!

Light Heavyweight Championship bout: Forrest Griffin vs. Rashad Evans
Evans defeated Griffin via TKO (Strikes) at 2:46 of round 3.

Interim Heavyweight Championship bout: Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Frank Mir
Mir defeated Nogueira via TKO (Strikes) at 1:54 of round 2.

Middleweight bout: C.B. Dollaway vs. Mike Massenzio
Dollaway defeated Massenzio via TKO (Strikes) at 3:01 of round 1.

Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton Jackson vs. Wanderlei Silva
Jackson defeated Silva via KO (Punch) at 3:21 of round 1.

Heavyweight bout: Cheick Kongo vs. Mostapha Al Turk
Kongo defeated Al Turk via TKO (Strikes) at 4:37 of round 1.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Striker122

I don't understand why I can't bring myself to like Evans. The guy is undefeated and has now beat some decent competition. There is no reason for me not to like him. I think I still dislike him because of his showboating when he was on TUF.

posted on Dec, 28 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karlhungis
reply to post by Striker122

I don't understand why I can't bring myself to like Evans. The guy is undefeated and has now beat some decent competition. There is no reason for me not to like him. I think I still dislike him because of his showboating when he was on TUF.

Feel the same way Karl and I don't know why..............

posted on Dec, 29 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Striker122
Light Heavyweight bout: Quinton Jackson vs. Wanderlei Silva
Jackson defeated Silva via KO (Punch) at 3:21 of round 1.

This one really surprised me. I thought for sure wand was gonna take this one. It's just always seemed that rampage was intimidated by silva. I remember during the fight the commentators said that jackson has thought silva wasn't the same fighter he was back in his pride days. I have to say that I agree 100%. As I've already said, it really really seems like sfter that loss to cro cop he's never been the same.

I think that loss really damaged his pride. I remember after that fight he said that loss really disappointed him in several interviews.

[edit on 29-12-2008 by The Scarecrow]

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:52 AM
link   
i can't believe the results of these fights. i can not bring myself to like rashad evans either. i thought for sure wand was gonna handle jackson again. last time he knocked him out through the ropes. the one that really bothers me is the nog fight. nog is my boy and i can not believe that mir is in line to fight brock now for the belt. that should have been nog's.
well mir already beat brock one time so we will see if he can do it again

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

Nog looked very old and washed up. I haven't seen much of him in the past but based off of hype, I thought he would put on a much better show. I am not a fan of Mir and really hoped to see him get beat down. Hopefully Brock can get some revenge. The stand up game that Mir used against Nog will get him killed against Brock.

posted on Dec, 30 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
i don't really like brock so i am going to have to pull for mir. the thing about mir is when he cranks his submissions he cranks them to do damage. he will try to break an arm or an ankle. he beat brock before i think he can do it again

posted on Dec, 31 2008 @ 09:35 AM
link   

well mir already beat brock one time so we will see if he can do it again

Ya, but Brock was giving Mir a beat down, then Mir just pretzeled his knee. Brock defense has gotten better the last few fights. I don't that that will happen again. But its MMA, anything can happen.

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thing fish

I don't know if Mir will finish Brock so easily once they fight a second time. Frank was struggling with him during their first match up. I think someone said it here, the only reason Lesnar lost was because he lacked the experience and lacked BJJ defense.

I don't know man, I think Mir will have a very hard time against Lesnar once they fight again.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join