It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomy: Mars, NASA, the US Navy and nuclear power

page: 1

join
share:
Owl

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hi, folks. I found this site via Google while looking for astronomy information. I subscribe to an e-mail list called [email protected]. In one of its more-recent editions, the list mentions that NASA is working with the Navy on nuclear propulsion. It goes on to say that the purpose of this is not for space travel, but I don't buy that for a second. Frankly, I believe there must be other intelligent life other than on earth, whether on Mars, elsewhere in our solar system, or on some exoplanet. I further believe that this administration, with its latest Rover missions to Mars and desire to return to the moon, is laying the groundwork for one or more staging sites for inter-planetary travel. Current conventional propultion systems aren't robust enough to make inter-planetary travel possible due to the vast distances between point of origin (the mon or Mars) and destination. Nuclear power, on the other hand, may indeed make such journeys possible. I, for one, will be eagerly watching this NASA-Navy partnership and its results.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Hi and Welcome.

This may be of interest to you.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Hi Owl and welcome to ATS have fun looking around cya around

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
welcome to ATS Owl

Hope u have a great time here..

hope to see u around

gryff

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 01:15 PM
link   
heya! glad to see another astronomy nut here on the boards. if you need any info, feel free to ask away. click on the link in my signature. and if you need any help otherwise, just send me a u2u. see you around the boards!

EDIT: here's another link on the topic... www.abovetopsecret.com...

[Edited on 3/24/2004 by cmdrkeenkid]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Hi Owl, welcome to ATS
have fun and enjoy your stay

regards
flc

new topics

top topics

join