It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your party affiliation and do you support or oppose the Wall Street Bailout?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I am a conservative independant and I strongly oppose the illegal and unconstitutional 700 or now 850 billion dollar spending spree.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I am a Reagan conservative and I oppose this "bitter pill wrapped in marshmallow" they "sold" to us

I hate those that wrote it, I hate those that signed for it, and i hate those that reported on it with so much biased contempt for the citizens.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I am a disillusioned democrat. I am for doing what the people say, especially when an overwhelming number from all parties are saying the same thing.

This bailout bill is nothing short of TREASON.

Not so very long ago, this administration tried to take over social security, and had planned to put it on wall street. They KNEW what was coming and tried to rip-off 'we the people' to pad themselves. Fortunatly, the outcry from the people stopped them. Otherwise, social security would now be gone.

When they didn't get away with that rip-off they decided to take our tax money instead, to bail out their rich friends while many of us are sinking lower.

A majority of the people oppose this action, however they have gone around us. In essence, it is a robbery. And it looks like they will no longer hear our outraged cries.

I will not vote for either candidate as neither is what I feel this country needs right now. I will write in Kucinich. They may not hear my 'voice' but I WILL make my statement none the less.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I am a Democrat and oppose the bailout plan. I oppose any plan which requires the American taxpayer to pay the price (literally!) for the actions of selfish, greedy and corrupt corporations. I will never support the plan. I have contacted my representative and informed of that (not that it will do much good).

I was thinking about this the other day, too. It is at a time like this when the American people SHOULD be at their most powerful. Our government is requesting our money. And they're not requesting money to get something to eat at Taco Bell here. It's not like borrowing $10 from your parents. They're requesting $700 BILLION!!! And that money isn't for defense or infrastructure or social security or anything like that. That money is to repair an economy which has been financially raped by the greedy and the corrupt. It's not to help an economy which has been damaged by good people who simply made bad decisions with no ill intent, or had a bad string of luck. No...it's for an economy which has been damaged by bad people who willingly made bad decisions for their own personal profit.

And I remember thinking, "You know...I would not think it to be unreasonable for 250 million Americans to march on Washington and say to their government, "Nope...uh-huh! I don't think so. Give us OUR money back!"

That's our money. We worked hard for it. And now it's being used to help people who can't be helped in the first place. If the government really wants to help those people, then they should go Xenu on their butts and drop them in a volcano to release their souls...which I don't think they have anyway, so it would be just dropping them into a volcano.

And, of course, if we don't do this, the economy will spin out of control and we'll land in another depression. So not only is the government and these corporations committing grand theft, they're adding blackmail to it, as well.

[color=#FF0000]GOD [color=#FFFFFF]BLESS [color=#000066]AMERICA!!!

[edit on 10/4/2008 by DarthChrisious]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Radical Libertarian.

I oppose the bailout and I believe all that voted for it are guilty of treason and should be quartered by horses in a public square to be made an example to all.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Well, the results so far seem to be all parties are against this enormous rip-off of the American taxpayer!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

Well, the results so far seem to be all parties are against this enormous rip-off of the American taxpayer!

Starred and flag. The question is simple but your point well taken. Look at that all the common ground on that spectrum..

I was also opposed to the "bail out." It's not just the poor who are dumb, but the rich as well... The "best system" capitalism isn't good enough. When will people realize that the future can not be like this.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:36 AM
link   
the housing market will not mend im sorry to say, the bailout will not work and all of you will pay for all of it, every cent borrowed from china. usa not far from being endentured servants to china. borrow , money we do not have. bail out, yeah, the rats are leaving the ship before it sinks. usa is a new steel garbage can, unfortunately the bottom is very rusty, be careful one day to take the trash out or the bottom will fall out of it. the trash will then fall to the ground for us true americans to pick it up. america needs to wake up. all the things in the past about our govt fixing, does it really happen, nnnnoooo. who help katrina? who helped 911? i can name a thousand. and they all have one thing in common, money. i am very against this bailout, very dissappointed at the situations around it and all around the world. these people need to get thier hands out of the cookie jar.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I'm registered as a republican not for long however.I oppose the bailout.
The problem here is democrats and republicans are no longer partys thier just branchs of the corporate party.They know the people do not want this bailout but they also know thier corporate masters do.70% of the people wanted an end to the war and voted democrats in to end it.That worked real well to.In short our elected officals from the corporate party,either branch,will ignore us every time thier corporate masters want another handout.We have become a nation of the corporate for the corporate by the corporate shills.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I have no party affiliation, but I was against the bail out, just like 100% of the other people who have posted on this thread!

The question now is, will those of you with party affiliations to one of the major parties be casting votes for the scumbags who voted this bill into law just because they are part of your party, or can we finally all start voting these bums out of office?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I was a republican. This bail out is not for those on Wall Street or Main Street it's for those on easy street. Nothing good will come from stealing from the many to help the previliged few. Something similar was tried during reconstruction in the south after the Civil War. After a few years the government stopped pillaging the South for mysterious reasons that are not discussed in history classes. Great bitterness will be the end result of this crime. I was against this "bail out".

[edit on 5-10-2008 by eradown]

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Republican
Now looking for new representation

Completely against. Our congressional and senate repressentatives who voted for this have abandoned the people. We need to clean house in the capital.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I started as a Dem when I was young and full of ideas. Then I had children and decided I was a Republican. Now, I don't like any of them. They can all go jump off a bridge, I would just as soon elect my neighbor as President.

I am completely against the bailout and I think we can all see from today's Dow that it was a waste of tax payer money.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I dont suppose it counts since im in the UK, but I would be a Republican (Reagan idealist) , vehemently opposed to the bill.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I'm a conservative from a long line of conservatives (most being southern conservative democrats). I'm a Ronald Reagan Republican. I would also like to give kudo's to whomever said it's time to clean house. We still have some power. I say vote them all out of office even if it means crossing the aisle to vote for the other party's candidate.

Why don't you democrats go first.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Right leaning independant, registered republican. 110% oppose. By passing this bill, the government just signed my name, my wife's name, and my kids' names to a loan paper for close to $10k without our permission.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join