It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is your party affiliation and do you support or oppose the Wall Street Bailout?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
One of the things that really confuses me about Congress passing this Bailout Bill is that it originally came from the Whitehouse which is Republican controlled and then championed by Democrats in Congress and was mainly opposed by Republicans. We hear that constituent reaction to Congressional offices has been 100 to 1 against, so is it Republican constituents loudly voicing their opposition or the public in general in a true bipartisan manner.

So let's have an ATS poll of sorts. Please state your party affiliation, Democrat, Republican or Independant, and whether you oppose or support this Bill that has the nation in an uproar.

I'm an Independant, and I vehemently oppose this bailout!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Constitutionalist here....I absolutely oppose this bill

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I registered democrat, very close to changing it, but not to republican (not sure what I am, anymore lol)

and I'm very against the bailout.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Registered Republican and I think this bill is worse than cancer with AIDS and and a cleft pallet.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Im independent also, and, like you, ADAMANTLY oppose the passage of that bill (now law).

AB1

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Democrat here and intensely OPPOSE this bailout. It does nothing to help American citizens in need, and only serves those who already have enough. OPPOSE OPPOSE OPPOSE

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:51 PM
link   
? double post, sorry

[edit on 3-10-2008 by amazed]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I have been a life long democrat until I began to wake up in the early 90's I oppose the bailout scam and consider those who voted for it to be traitors.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by mike dangerously]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Registered Republican so I can vote in the state primaries, but a freedom-loving Libertarian at heart. I am completely against this legislation.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I am a Republican, who feels my party has totally lost its way!!
.. And I am strongly against this Bill!!!

However I do understand, and I only began to understand this 6 years ago. But the left and right are illusions!
Either party is for We the People!
Neither party is really VS eachother.. WE are only given the illusion that they are VS eachother to keep us busy fighting umoungest ourselfs.

Thus I declear that I am now neither left or right gatekeeper.
I am not independant anymore either..

I stand for something else all together, and thats to open peoples eyes to the idea that right VS left is all a scheme to keep us divided!

Thanks for your post and Idea OP!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I am not now, and never have been affiliated with any political party. All are un-worthy of my support.

Oppose.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:16 PM
link   
i think that private equity showed who is boss. after greed ended in billions lost, they forced taxpayers to pony up for that loss. how?...by refusing to extend credit even to credit worthy businesses. that has shown everyone who lives in this country, who really runs it. and i think that's why every political persuasion is madder then hell, whether it's republican, democrat, or independent. this has ended the so-called "free-market" ideas spouted up and down wall street, about how great it is for the average american. i'm still a capitalist, but from now on, the government is going to have to firmly keep its boot on the neck of wall street and treat it just like a junkyard dog.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
I'm a registered independent. I also have a broad spectrum of leanings. Probably 1/3 conservative, 1/3 liberal, 1/3 moderate.

While I think something should be done to help small businesses and home owners who are in trouble due to extenuating circumstances (death, illness) I vehemently disapprove.

This bill flies in the face of both the constitution and the capitalists financial model this countries elite so love.

Most damning of all is that it doesn't do anything to solve the longterm issue of having an economy based on debt and pretend money.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I've never been part of a registered party affiliation. You can blame me for Carter, Regan, Clinton, Bush (First run). Yep, I'm the one. Throw arrows here: X

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I am new to the site this past week and this is only a second post. I was registered Republican to vote for Ron Paul in the state primary. I am now registered independant - but have strong libertarian views. I am 500% AGAINST this bill.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Mostly Democrat – do not vote a “straight party” try to pick the best person per position.

I am against the bailout.

Somebody or a group of some bodies ought to be held accountable and prosecuted.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:53 PM
link   
No Party.

Opposed.

I suggest voting out all incumbents who voted for this bill.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I am a Republican and I opposed the Bailout.

This was brought on by Government interference in the name of diversity and affirmative action. Why do you think the Democrats were so adamant about this being a "bi-partisian bill? Because they didn't want to take ALL the blame. Republicans fall for it every time, and I am sick of weak Republican leadership. We nominated John McCain, best friend of liberals, I guess we get what we deserve. You don't work with liberals...you destroy them (politically)....work with them and you end up like George H.W. Bush...a One Term President.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I also am unaffiliated,and I oppose(WITH EVERY FIBER OF MY BEING)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join