It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Solomon Built The Great Pyramid

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Just for the sake of clarification what is your source that a cubit = 18in.? Since this is based on the distance from the tip of the middle finger to the elbow there can be some variations from person to person and can be anywhere from 17" to 22" depending on whose cubit you are using
see here
and here

[Edited on 5/3/2004 by Duke_Nukem]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I use the Royal Cubit which is a fraction over 20 inchs. If you use standard measurements the Kings Camber = 34 ft. long the exact size of the wingspand of the Golden Cherubims. The Coffer = 51 x 31 inchs, the exact size of the Ark Of The Covenant. Just taking these two facts into consideration along with the other info it becomes clear who built the pyramid. The odds are less than 1 in a million that it is coincidental. Another fact that confirms this truth is that All the Kings of the earth came to see the "House" that King Solomon built. "IF" there were two structures Solomons would have been greater for they did not come to see the Pyramid, but all the Kings came to see the House that King Solomon built and both these structures would have been in the same area. King Solomons house was on the border of Egypt, the Pyramid sits on the border of Egypt. They both were made of "GREAT" Stones and they both are "WONDERS" , the 26 Lions (Sphinx) that were before King Solomons House were greater than any like structure in any Kingdom, the Sphinx to this day is still greater than any like structure anywhere. Finally, King Solomon was the wisest man that ever lived so I don't think anyone could build a greater structure than he could.

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by Lastday Prophet]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
Lies ? the Coffer and Kings Chamber measurements are not Lies. The rest are not Lies either. You are the ones that refuse to hear the truth.

You need to read your Bible more closely. The very scriptures you cite say Solomon built his "great houses" in Israel.

Now... you can stand around shouting "No! It was the Great Pyramids" until you're very old and wrinkled, and it's not going to change the verses in the Bible that say that Solomon built them in Israel for the use of his people.

Nor is it going to change a line of all the writings and artifacts in Giza that say the whole complex was built by Egyptians.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I'm new to the boards, but I find this thread fascinating. I think LDP may well be onto something here.

Borders have moved over the last few thousand years and the exact date of the building of the pyramids has never been established.

The person on the site below certainly seems to have done a lot of research on the subject and they agree with LDP.

www.pyramidsarenotamystery.net...

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Thank you weemart, I know for a certainty that this is true. The Lord revealed this truth to me to show that it is his House, where he used to dwell until the people forsook him and began to worship other false god's. God said that it would become an astonishment and that the people that passed by it would wonder what happened to the people and wonder why it is desolate. Such is the case to this day. It is also a warning of the Judgement of God to all those that forsake him. I too have found that a lot of what we have been told in history are Lies and Deceptions.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Ok, y'all have opened TOO many cans of worms for me to handle with y'all bickering!

Look, you have a problem with a person through the BIBLE? Learn to reason on BIBLE terms; you get them quicker.

ANyway: Lastday Prophet: the bible DOES NOT support you in this!

The Coffer that is located in the Kings Chamber of the Great Pyramid is the EXACT size of the ARK OF THE COVENANT. Not only that, the Wing span of the Cherubim that Solomon had made for God's House that touched wall to wall in the inner House is 34 feet, the same as the length of the Kings Chamber.

Exodus 25:10-22
�Have them make the chest out of acacia wood�two and a half cubits long (3 ft. 9 in./4ft. 7 in.), a cubit and a half wide (2 ft. 3 in., 2 ft 9 in.), and a cubit and a half high (2 ft. 3 in., 2 ft 9 in.). Overlay it with pure gold, both inside and out, and make gold moldings around it. Cast four gold rings for it and fasten them to it�s four feet, with two rings on each side and two rings on the other. Then make poles of acacia wood and overlay them with gold. Insert the poles into the rings on the sides and carry it. The poles are to remain in the rings of this arc; they are not to be removed. Then put in the arc the Covenenant, which I will give to you.
Make an atonement cover of pure gold�two and a half cubits long (3 ft. 9 in./4ft. 7 in.)and a cubit and a half wide (2 ft. 3 in., 2 ft 9 in.) and make 2 cherubim out of the hammered gold at the ends of the cover. Make one cherub on one end and the second cherub on the other; make the cherubim of one piece with the cover, at the two ends. The cherubim are to have their wings spread upward, overshadowing the cover with them. The cherubim are to face each other, looking towards the cover. Place the cover on top of the ark and put in the ark the Covenenant, which I will give to you. There, above the cover between the two cherubim that are over the ark of the Covenenant, I will meet with you and give you all of my commands for the Israelites.�

Ok, let�s think with common sense, here. There are two cubit measurements that are used throughout the world of that time�the common cubit 18 in., and the Egyptian cubit 22 in. The ark of the covenant was made by Moses (book of Exodus supports that), and since he was supposed to be taught by the EGYPTIANS, he likely used the EGYPTIAN MEASUREMENT. And it is made to be MOVED AROUND BY 4-8 men�look at the design, this thing is supported on 2 poles, to be carried, because this thing was made during the wandering years. It was marched around the walls of Jericho 7 times one day by priests. There no way in Hell that the box of the pyramid was either made of wood, supported by it�s sides, or CARRIED BY MEN WALKING. SOLOMON did not build the ark, it was built before there were kings.

2 Chronicles 3:11 And the wings of the cherubim were twenty cubits long( 34 feet) one wing of the one cherub was five cubits, reaching to the wall of the house: and the other wing was likewise five cubits, reaching to the wing of the other cherub.

Again, if they used the Egyptian cubit, it was 36 ft. 8 in�though it is questionable as to which they were using by this point in time.

Isa 19:19 In that day shall there be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the LORD.
20 And it shall be for a sign and for a witness unto the LORD of hosts in the land of Egypt: for they shall cry unto the LORD because of the oppressors, and he shall send them a saviour, and a great one, and he shall deliver them.
21 And the LORD shall be known to Egypt, and the Egyptians shall know the LORD in that day, and shall do sacrifice and oblation; yea, they shall vow a vow unto the LORD, and perform it.
22 And the LORD shall smite Egypt: he shall smite and heal it: and they shall return even to the LORD, and he shall be entreated of them, and shall heal them.

You stop before the next verse:

Isaiah 19:23 In that day there will be a highway form Egypt to Assyria. The Assyrians will go to Egyptians and Egyptians will got to the Assyrians.
That highway was not built until the Roman Empire, ie. It�s a prophecy about the Coming of Christianity�which is supposed to be the fulfillment of the promises made to the Hebrews�Isaiah is strewn with such prophecies. It�s called reading in context: more than half of the reason why people believe the Bible is SO inaccurate is because people don�t know what the hell context means.

So, he married an Egyptian king�s daughter�how many wives/concubines was he supposed to have�over 900?

1 Kings 4:21 And Solomon reigned over all kingdoms from the river unto the land of the Philistines, and unto the border of Egypt: they brought presents, and served Solomon all the days of his life.

This PROVES NOTHING except where the border is. MANY more scripture point to the blasted temple being in JERUSALEM, NOT EGYPT. To come up with this theory, based upon scripture, REQUIRES IGNROING SCRIPTURES�way too many.

Now, as far as every RECENT scholar has looked at the pyramids, the greatest pyramids are the most ancient, meaning the biggest and baddest ARE the oldest�this, I know is contrary to popular belief�but anyway, if this is so, you expect me to believe that all those certainly more than 3000 year old pyramids were built AFTER SOLOMON BUILT THOSE THREE?

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I see you skipped the Royal cubit JLC, a Royal cubit is slightly over 20 inchs. Using the Royal cubit (it is a Cubit) the size is exact. Are you intentionally trying to falsify info or have you not done your homework ? Anyway I laugh at those that are blind to this truth, the proof is overwhelming, Beyond that I have seen the Pyramid in its original Glory in a vision from God, I never post that because it can not be proven and will only allow others to disclaim. I stick with the facts that can be proven, in which I have posted much info. There is still much that I have not posted which further prove this truth, but I will not let anyone else try to claim that they firgured this mystery out. I will tell you this much, there is a scripture that clearly shows that the whole congregation of Israel went inside of the Pyramid, actually they went under it.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:07 AM
link   
No, I'm not trying to falsify; I did see it, and I've probsbly had from just as reliable sources that it's 22 inches. I'm just reporting what I know.

Anyway; the ark of the covenant is made of PORTABLE WOOD covered in gold.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
JLC, where is "ONE" scripture in the bible that say's the ark "HAS" to be made of wood, everything King Solomon built was on a Grander scale than anything people before him built. This is not the same ark that Israel carried around for these Cheribims had a wingspan of 34 ft. and was 17 ft. tall, it was built as the last permanent resting place inside GOD'S HOUSE. It would be silly to suggest that Israel carried such a large Cherubim around. (ROTFL)

[Edited on 3-5-2004 by Lastday Prophet]

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
It is also SILLY to state that Solomon built a NEW one WITHOUT permission, BASED onthe same PREMISIS!

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
would he not have placed the Ark into the Coffer? The Ark was placed in the temple. 2 Chronicles 5:7

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The original Ark Of The Covenant was carried from place to place, King Solomon built a temple for GOD to Abide in forever and thus a permanent resting Place for spirit of GOD to dwell. King Solomon was ordered by the Lord to build his Temple. (I Chron 29:1 � Furthermore David the king said unto all the congregation, Solomon my son, whom alone God hath chosen, is yet young and tender, and the work is great: for the palace is not for man, but for the LORD God.
2 Now I have prepared with all my might for the house of my God the gold for things to be made of gold, and the silver for things of silver, and the brass for things of brass, the iron for things of iron, and wood for things of wood; onyx stones, and stones to be set, glistering stones, and of divers colours, and all manner of precious stones, and marble stones in abundance.
3 Moreover, because I have set my affection to the house of my God, I have of mine own proper good, of gold and silver, which I have given to the house of my God, over and above all that I have prepared for the holy house,
4 Even three thousand talents of gold (300 Tons), of the gold of Ophir, and seven thousand talents of refined silver (350 Tons), to overlay the walls of the houses withal:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Let�s look at semantics, you stated that they were a little over 20 inches, yet you calculate as if there WERE 20 inches, how much is a little over 20? Sub-divisions of INCHES is a MODERN thing, btw, so it is likely that an INCH is a small variable measurement. My pinky is more than 2 inches long, but I don�t consider it much in the ways of measurement, especially for this study, no.

Anyway, BRING IT ON. If you have reasonable proof, I want to see it, not this # you put here. This is not proof; it just shows where you may have derived your idea from.

And you forget the scriptures, yet again: Where you got a lot of this mess, again�

Ac 17:24-31 God that made (5660) the world and all things therein *, seeing that he is (5723) Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth (5719) not in temples made with hands; Neither is worshipped (5743) with men's hands, as though he needed (5740) any thing, seeing he giveth (5723) to all life, and breath, and all things; And hath made (5656) of one blood all nations of men for to dwell (5721) on all the face of the earth, and hath determined (5660) the times before appointed (5772), and the bounds of their habitation; That they should seek (5721) the Lord, if haply they might feel (5659) after him, and find him (5630), though he be (5723) not far from every one of us: For in him we live (5719), and move (5743), and have our being (5748); as certain also of your own poets have said (5758), For we are (5748) also his offspring. Forasmuch then as we are (5723) the offspring of God, we ought (5719) not to think (5721) that the Godhead is (5750) like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device. And the times of this ignorance God winked at (5660); but now commandeth (5719) all men every where to repent (5721): Because he hath appointed (5656) a day, in the which he will (5719) judge (5721) the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained (5656); whereof he hath given (5631) assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised (5660) him from the dead.

it's not to the biggest and baddest design, it's to those who obey him. Since the Jews remember the JUDGES BEFORE SOLOMON, fairly well:

1 Sam 2:12 Eli�s sons were wicked men; they had no regard for the Lord.
1 Sam 2:17 The sin of the young men was very great in the Lord�s sight for they were treating the Lord�s offering with contempt.
1 Sam 2:34-35 �And what happens to your sons, Hophni and Phinehas, will be a sign to you�they will both die on the same day. I will raise up priests according to what is in my heart and mind.
1 Sa 4:5 The ark of God [the covenant, same thing] was captured, and Eli�s two sons, Hophni and Phinehas, died.
1 Sam 15:3 this is what the almighty says: � Now, got to the Ammalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.�
1 Sam 15:9-10 But Saul and the army spared Agag and the best of the sheep and cattle, the fat claves and the lambs�everything that was good. Then word of the Lord came to Samuel: �I am grieved that I made Saul King, because he has turned away from me and has not followed my instructions.� Samuel was toubled, and he cried to the lord all night. 1 Sam 15:22-23 But Samuel replied �Does the Lord delight in burnt Offerings and sacrifices as much as obeying the Lord? To obey is better than sacrifices and to heed is better than rams. For rebellion is like the sin of Divination, and arrogance the evil of Idolatry. Because you have rejected the word of the Lord, he has rejected you as king.�
[Smamuel annoitns David King 1 Sam 16: 1-13]

Solomon, David�s son would know better than to thwart God, so why the Hell would he Build a Pyramid in Egypt, and NOT THE PROMISED LAND. Just because the pyramid is the biggest baddest thing out there does not mean that it is the TEMPLE just because it is the best in your eyes.

Hold on, I'm not finished yet:

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:47 AM
link   

1 Kings 6: 2-6, 8-10 15-21, 29- the temple King Solomon built for the lord was 60 cubits long, 20 wide and 30 high. The portico at the front of the main hall of the temple extended the width of the temple, that is 20 cubits, and projected 10 cubits form the front of the temple. He made narroe celestory windows in the temple. Against the walls of the main hall and inner sanctuary he built a structure around the building, in which there were side rooms. The lowest floor was 5 cubits wide, themiddle floor 6 cubits, and the third floor 7. He made offset ledges around the outside of the temple so that nothing would be inserted in the temple walls. The entrance of the lowest floor was on the south side of the temple; a stairway [NOT A RAMP!] led up to the middle level and from there to the third. So he built the temple and completed it, roofing of beams with cedar planks. And he built the side all along the temple. The height of each was 5 cubits, and they were attached to the temple by beams of cedar. He l9ned the interior walls with cedar boards, paneling them form the floor of the temple to the ceiling, and covered the floor with planks of pine. He partitioned off 20 cubits at the rear of the temple with cedar boards from the floor to ceiling to form within the temple an inner sanctuary, the Most Holy place. /the main hall in front of this room was 40 cubits long. The inside of the temple was cedar, carved with GOURDS AND OPEN FLOWERS. Everything was CEDAR, no stone was to be seen. HE prepared the inner sanctuary within the temple to set the ark of the covenant of the Lord there. The inner sanctuary was 20 cubits long and 20 high and 20 wide. He overlaid the whole inside with pure gold, and he also overlaid the altar with cedar. Solomon covered the inside of the temple with pure gold, and he extended gold chains across the front of the inner sanctuary, which was overlaid with gold. On the walls around the temple, in both inner and outer rooms, he carved cherubim, palm trees, and open flowers. He also covered the floors of both the inner and outer rooms of the temple with gold.

It�s a #ing box with a porch! Between this and the next quote, it goes on about the furniture he made for the temple, ALL IN BRONZE, not a STONE SEPULCHER.

As for the ARK:

1 Kings 8:1 Then king Solomon summoned in his presence at Jerusalem the elders of Israel all the heads of the tribes and the chiefs of the Israelite families, to bring the ark of the Lord�s covenant from Zion, the city of David.�

Now, there were people form Egypt at the consecration�from the Wadi of Egypt. 1 Kings 8:65, but there were people from Lebo Hamanth�it think that�s northern Israel, could be further�
Finally, reading in context, the first time the city is mentioned:

1Kings 3: 1-2 Solomon made an alliance with Pharo, King of Egypt and married his daughter. He brought her to the City of David[Zion] until he finished building his palace and the temple of the Lord, and the wall around Jerusalem. The people, however were still sacrificing at the high places, because a temple had not yet been built for the name of the Lord.

Just in case you WANT to argue the point, why would he CARE about a WALL around JERUSLAEM, as far as when he�d move into the palace, or was waiting on the TEMPLE to be BUILT. Why is it mentioned there? Because it IMPORTANT; he built the temple in Jerusalem instead of his father�s city Zion.

oh, and still not done!

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Oh, and those Large cherubim were attached to the WALLS OF THE BLASTED TEMPLE, not the Ark of the covenant. If you'll notice, there were cherubim EVERYWHERE throughout this structure, but the cherubim on the ark were seperate from the giant ones already brought up. Keep track; I said that Solomon didn't build the ark.

still not done.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by weemart
would he not have placed the Ark into the Coffer? The Ark was placed in the temple. 2 Chronicles 5:7

2 Chronicles 2: 7 Then the priests brought the ark of the Lord�s covenant to it�s place in the inner sanctuary of the temple, the Most Holy Place, and put it beneath the wings of the cherubim.

It�s talking about the CHERUBIM ATTACTED TO the WALLS of the INNER ROOM OF THE TEMPLE, not the cherubim on top of the ark. 2 seperate things, sweetie.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The gold was carried off from the temple in 2 Chronicles 12:9. King Asa took the gold and silver out of the temple treasuries 2 Chronicles 16:2. King Joash restored it, according to its original design 2 Chronicles 24:4, 13. King Ahaz gathered the temple furniture and took it away 2 Chronicles 28:24. King Hezekiah repaired the temple 2 Chronicles 29:3. King Manasseh wasted then restored the temple 2 Chronicles 33. King Josiah furthered it 2 Chronicles 34. Kings Jehoahaz and Jehoiakim pissed off King Nebbuchadnezzar, so, eventually, he looted burned down the temple, 2 Chronicles 36:19. After this captivity, they rebuilt the temple at the SAME general SITE of temple hill Ezra 3:7-13. That�s why there is a tunnel under the mosque in Jerusalem�it�s the understructure of one of the previous temples�
If you want to prove something from the Bible, you need to GO TO THE SOURCE and STUDY!

Now, many archaeologists use the bible to FIND some of the sites found in the recent years�now, that will take some digging up to find information on.

Again, I suggest Dr. Bert Thompson.

You cannot FIND the freakin� temple because IT WAS BURNED TO THE GRUND AND MADE INTO RUBBLE.

NOW, any questions?

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Against the walls of the main hall and inner sanctuary he built a structure around the building, in which there were side rooms. The lowest floor was 5 cubits wide, themiddle floor 6 cubits, and the third floor 7. Text
Your own quote proves how foolish you truly are. If the Golden Cherubim were 34 ft. wide x 17 ft. tall how could they fit in a temple 30 cubits high, with three floors one being 5 cu, one floor 6 cu, and one floor 7 cu. Before you make a post you should think about what you are about to post. How could a 10 cubit tall Cherubim fit in a 7 ft. floor ? If you have nothing else to do go play on the freeway. You are foolish and can't read. King Solomon built more than one temple, if you had taken the time to read the post you would have seen that this has already been discussed.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 04:45 AM
link   
When HAVE I ever said you were an idiot? I just said that your reasoning was faulty, just as it was faulty here. Quit being a baby and be reasonable. I want #ing proof; GIVE IT TO ME!

First offfffffffffffffffffff, let�s see this scripture where it says:

And Solomon, he built more temples wherein God did dwell in all!

TELL ME WHERE IT IS, SO THAT WAY I CAN SEE THAT YOU ARE BEING REASONABLE!

God, I can�t believe that you are forcing me to do this:
THROUGHOUT the whole SCRIPTURES there has only been one ARK of the COVENANT�something you haven�t refuted yet. And it was made of WOOD covered in GOLD, not stone!

SAME THING with SOLOMON, they only mention THEIR GREATEST KING BUILDING ONE #ing TEMPLE, wherein ONE GOD dwelt: Since it was important that the people see him as only ONE GOD, HE�S NOT going to dwell in multiple temples, lest his people say the God of this temple is better than that temple! Sure, there were other temples that other Israelites built TO REPLACE this one AFTER IT�S destruction!

2 Chronicles 5:13-14, 4b-6, 10-11 The trumpets and the singers joined in unison, as with one voice, to give praise and thanks to the lord. Accompanied by trumpets, cymbals, and other instruments, they raised their voices and sang in praise to the lord and sang: �He is good; his love endures forever.� Then the temple of the Lord filled with a cloud, and the priest could not their services because of the cloud, for the glory of the Lord filled the Temple of God. 2 Chronicles 6:1-2, Then Solomon said, �The Lord has said he would dwell in a dark cloud; I have built a magnificent temple for you; a place for you to dwell forever. � For He said, �Since the day I have brought my people out of Egypt, I have not chosen a city in any tribe if Israel to have A [as in one, single, uno, etc.] temple built for my name to be there, nor have I chosen anyone to be the leader over my people Israel. But now I have chosen Jerusalem for my name to be there, and I have chosen David to rule my people Israel.� The Lord has kept the promise he made. I have succeeded David my father and now I sit on the throne of Israel, just as the Lord has promised, and I have built the temple for the Name of the Lord, the God of Israel. There I have place the ark, in which is the covenant of the Lord that he made with the people of Israel.�

Solomon�s other Activities: 2 Chronicles 8:1-6 [paraphrased]:
Rebuilt villages that Hiram (King of Tyre) had given to him. He captured Hamath Zobah. He built up Tadmor in the desert, and the store cities he built in Hamoth, Upper Beth Horon and Lower Beth Horon as fortified cities, Baalath and it�s stored cities�whatever he desired throughout the territory.

None of them held another temple or they would have had CHAPTERS worth of material covered, and SPECIFICALLY STATING ANOTER TEMPLE.

WHERE DOES IT TALK ABOUT ANOTHER TEMPLE?
Give me proof not theories.

Chapters 1-7 were about ONE TEMPLE. DO NOT GIVE ME VERSES ABOUT TEMPLES BEING BUILT AFTER SOLOMON DIED, FOR THIS. There were other temples built, NOT BY SOLOMON, it REPLACED THE ONE BURNED TO THE GROUND, i.e. SOLOMON�S ONE AND ONLY TEMPLE.

2 Chronicles 8:11 Solomon brought Pharos�s daughter up from the City of David to the palace he had built for her, for he said, �my wife must not live in the palace of King David of Israel, because the places the ark of the Lord entered are holy.

Remember the ark was in David�s palace in Zion, then it was moved to THE ONLY temple in Jerusalem at the beginning of the book, as mentioned earlier (where he also built ANOTHER PALACE�in Jerusalem).

THIS IS WHAT YOU START THIS THREAD WITH!

King Solomon Built The Great Pyramid

I have been doing much research and have come to the conclusion that it was King Solomon that built the Great Pyramid and not the Egyptians. Here are some facts. King Solomon built three(3) Houses of Stone Blocks. God's House, Solomon's House and a House for his wife the daughter of Pharoah. That's the three Pyramids of Giza.

You started with this presumption, and I did read all of it, the whole way through UNLIKE YOU! YOUR OWN THREADS?

Proof:

Duke_Nukem: posted on 2-5-2004 at 11:53 PM Post Number: 509090 gives the numbers for the cubits that I used to make my first comments on this thread
Jlc163: posted on 3-5-2004 at 02:30 AM Post Number: 509234 (post id: 529928) I made my comments
Lastday Prophet :posted on 3-5-2004 at 02:53 AM Post Number: 509265 (post id: 529959)
Where you blasted me for not showing where I got my measurements from
Now MY POLITE REPONSE:

Jlc163 posted on 3-5-2004 at 03:07 AM Post Number: 509284 (post id: 529978)
No, I'm not trying to falsify; I did see it, and I've probsbly had from just as reliable sources that it's 22 inches. I'm just reporting what I know.

Anyway; the ark of the covenant is made of PORTABLE WOOD covered in gold.
In which I responded without making you look like an idiot.

You are basing this upon the OOOONNNNEEEE TEMPLE HE BUILT IN JERUSALEM, not the Valley of the Kings. The PALACE for the queen was in Jerusalem, as well. Solomon�s palace�I have no clue how you got that Solomon built a separate palace each for he and his wife, because I haven�t found it. Though I do have the palace in which Solomon stated out in�his father�s�in ZION!

NOW, for your ACCUSATION:

the temple King Solomon built for the lord was 60 cubits long, 20 wide and 30 high. The portico at the front of the main hall of the temple extended the width of the temple, that is 20 cubits, and projected 10 cubits form the front of the temple. He made narrow celestory windows in the temple.
The part you chose to quote:

Against the walls of the main hall and inner sanctuary he built a structure around the building, in which there were side rooms. The lowest floor was 5 cubits wide, the middle floor 6 cubits, and the third floor 7.

That section you pulled out YOU PULLED OUT OF CONTEXT AGAIN, LIKE I HAVE BEEN YELLING AT YOU FOR SINCE I FIRST STARTED POSTING! Stop it; it doesn�t make you look smart�it makes you look like a moron, DUMBER than you ACCUSE ME OF BEING! The measurements were for SIDE ROOMS/HALLWAY, NOT THE MAIN TEMPLE!

Where the HELL DID YOU GET out of that THAT THE INNER PART OF THE TEMPLE WAS SECTIONED OFF INTO THREE FLOORS? That�s why it is mentioned that the section you�re fussing about was AGAINST THE WALLS OF THE MAIN HALL! Plenty of buildings have been built like this, both now and then, so don�t tell me you haven�t seen one.

The innermost temple room where the blasted thing was was 20X20X20 cubits, k?

1 Kings 6:20The inner sanctuary was 20 cubits long and 20 high and 20 wide.

2 Chronicles 3:10-13 In the Host Holy Place he made a pair of sculpted cherubim and overlaid them with gold. The TOTAL wingspan of the Cherubim was 20 cubits. One wing of the first cherubim was 5 cubits long and touched the temple wall, while it�s other wing, also five cubits long, touched the wing of the other cherub. Similarly one wing of the second cherub was 5 cubits long and touched the other temple wall, and it�s other wing, also five cubits long, touched the wing of the first cherub. The wings of these cherubim extended 20 cubits. They stood on their feet facing the main hall. [i.e., they were on the back wall]

20 cubits fits inside 20 cubits, sweetie.

You base your proof on FAULTY REASONING AND LACK OF STUDY. WHERE�S your proof?

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO SAY IT?

NOW, before you start fussing about me using two different texts 1 Kings and 2 Chronicles, which are ABOUT THE SAME PALACE AND TEMPLE, let me remind you�the texts may be worded different, but they say the same measurements and place the same cherubim in the same place, and referred to what was built and what was moved as the same. There were two texts so that way you couldn�t just dismiss them, in this one argument. AT LEAST TWICE THE SCRIPTURES POINT TO YOUR FAULTY THINKING, and you�re still pitching a fit. Not only did the scriptures, but science did as well, but there was NO REASONING WITH YOU FROM THAT AREA.

What will God have to do to make it clear to you; give you a heart attack if you try to refute it on faulty reasoning again? Lord, I pray that this is not so! Hell, if you could come up with some reasonable reasoning, I�d be welcome to entertain it. Why the hell do I need to refute everything else you bring up WHEN THE FOUNDATIONS TO YOUR STACK OF CARDS IS QUICKSAND AAANNNDD you haven�t refuted ANYTHING I HAVE WRITTEN WITH ANY SORT OF UNDERSTANDING OF THE PLAIN TEXT IT IS WRITTEN IN?

Now it�s your turn to play Russian roulette with traffic. I suggest you SIT DOWN AND REST before going out there. You�ve been smacked around a few times, and need to gather your wits�if there�s any left in there. I�m warning you, think before you answer me again! You have already made a hole for yourself to dig out of.

posted on May, 4 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This topic is saddening. It's yet another example of an uneducated Christian twisting and turning history like a rubix cube. It's just sad.

Not even an amateur Christian archaeologist would perpetuate this kind of trash.

This is the kind of # that used to get people burned at the stake...great works of art thrown into a bonfire and masterpiece books torn to shreds. It's this kind of confused and uneducated warping of history that has made the Bible as it is today, so hard to believe. Imagine what kind of damage a council of fools like this could accomplish if they were in a position of power? Our world, like the poor bible, would be squeezed and stretched to fit their crazed ideas.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join