It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Solomon Built The Great Pyramid

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I have been doing much research and have come to the conclusion that it was King Solomon that built the Great Pyramid and not the Egyptians. Here are some facts. King Solomon built three(3) Houses of Stone Blocks. God's House, Solomon's House and a House for his wife the daughter of Pharoah. That's the three Pyramids of Giza. He used 150,000 workere to build them. (IIChron 2:1 � And Solomon determined to build an house for the name of the LORD, and an house for his kingdom.
2 And Solomon told out threescore and ten thousand men to bear burdens,(70,000) and fourscore thousand(80,000) to hew in the mountain, and three thousand and six hundred to oversee them. It took twenty years to build the first two Houses (10 � And it came to pass at the end of twenty years, when Solomon had built the two houses, the house of the LORD, and the king�s house). The house for Pharaoh's daughter was built after the first two Pyramids were finished. The Coffer that is located in the Kings Chamber of the Great Pyramid is the EXACT size of the ARK OF THE COVENANT. Not only that, the Wing span of the Cherubims that solomon had made for God's House that touched wall to wall in the inner House is 34 feet, the same as the lenght of the Kings Chamber. 2 Chronicles 3:11 And the wings of the cherubims were twenty cubits long(
34 feet) one wing of the one cherub was five cubits, reaching to the wall of the house: and the other wing was likewise five cubits, reaching to the wing of the other cherub.
2 Chronicles 3:12 And one wing of the other cherub was five cubits, reaching to the wall of the house: and the other wing was five cubits also, joining to the wing of the other cherub. There were 26 what we call Sphinx's, only One is left standing. 18 Moreover the king made a great throne of ivory, and overlaid it with the best gold.
19 The throne had six steps, and the top of the throne was round behind: and there were stays on either side on the place of the seat, and two lions stood beside the stays. [behind: Heb. on the hinder part thereof] [stays: Heb. hands]
20 And twelve lions stood there on the one side and on the other upon the six steps: there was not the like made in any kingdom.( If you take a good look at the Sphinx you will agree that to this day "There is not the like in any Kingdom) It also seems a bit odd that there is only One Sphinx, it would seem that there would at least been two, one on each side. The Sphinx is a heavenly creature probably a Cherubim, the body seems out of proportion because the wings are missing. Take a look at the materials used in the building of the Pyramids. (I Chron 29:1 � Furthermore David the king said unto all the congregation, Solomon my son, whom alone God hath chosen, is yet young and tender, and the work is great: for the palace is not for man, but for the LORD God.
2 Now I have prepared with all my might for the house of my God the gold for things to be made of gold, and the silver for things of silver, and the brass for things of brass, the iron for things of iron, and wood for things of wood; onyx stones, and stones to be set, glistering stones, and of divers colours, and all manner of precious stones, and marble stones in abundance.
3 Moreover, because I have set my affection to the house of my God, I have of mine own proper good, of gold and silver, which I have given to the house of my God, over and above all that I have prepared for the holy house,
4 Even three thousand talents of gold (300 Tons), of the gold of Ophir, and seven thousand talents of refined silver (350 Tons), to overlay the walls of the houses withal:
5 The gold for things of gold, and the silver for things of silver, and for all manner of work to be made by the hands of artificers. And who then is willing to consecrate his service this day unto the LORD? [consecrate his service: Heb. fill his hand]
6 Then the chief of the fathers and princes of the tribes of Israel, and the captains of thousands and of hundreds, with the rulers of the king�s work, offered willingly,
7 And gave for the service of the house of God of gold five thousand talents (500 Tons)and ten thousand drams, and of silver ten thousand talents (500 Tons), and of brass eighteen thousand talents (900 Tons), and one hundred thousand talents of iron.(5000 Tons)
8 And they with whom precious stones were found gave them to the treasure of the house of the LORD, by the hand of Jehiel the Gershonite.
I Kings 7:45 And the pots, and the shovels, and the basons: and all these vessels, which Hiram made to king Solomon for the house of the LORD, were of bright brass. [bright: Heb. made bright or, scoured]
46 In the plain of Jordan did the king cast them, in the clay ground between Succoth and Zarthan. 47 And Solomon left all the vessels unweighed, because they were exceeding many: neither was the weight of the brass found out. King Hiram made so many vessels for the house of the Lord that they filled the Plain of Jordan. The Location Of The Lords House: Isa 19:19 In that day shall there be an altar to the LORD in the midst of the land of Egypt, and a pillar at the border thereof to the LORD.
20 And it shall be for a sign and for a witness unto the LORD of hosts in the land of Egypt: for they shall cry unto the LORD because of the oppressors, and he shall send them a saviour, and a great one, and he shall deliver them.
21 And the LORD shall be known to Egypt, and the Egyptians shall know the LORD in that day, and shall do sacrifice and oblation; yea, they shall vow a vow unto the LORD, and perform it.
22 And the LORD shall smite Egypt: he shall smite and heal it: and they shall return even to the LORD, and he shall be intreated of them, and shall heal them. II Chron 6:1 � Then said Solomon, The LORD hath said that he would dwell in the thick darkness.
2 But I have built an house of habitation for thee, and a place for thy dwelling for ever.
3 And the king turned his face, and blessed the whole congregation of Israel: and all the congregation of Israel stood.
Psalms 78:54 And he brought them to the border of his sanctuary, even to this mountain, which his right hand had purchased. :69 And he built his sanctuary like high palaces, like the earth( All the information of the Earth is incoded in the Great Pyramid, Hence "Like The Earth") which he hath established for ever. 1 Kings 3:1 And Solomon made affinity with Pharaoh king of Egypt, and took Pharaoh�s daughter, and brought her into the city of David, until he had made an end of building his own house, and the house of the LORD, and the wall of Jerusalem round about. 1 Kings 4:21 And Solomon reigned over all kingdoms from the river unto the land of the Philistines, and unto the border of Egypt: they brought presents, and served Solomon all the days of his life. 1 Kings 4:26 And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots, and twelve thousand horsemen. 1 Kings 4:30 And Solomon�s wisdom excelled the wisdom of all the children of the east country, and all the wisdom of Egypt. I would believe that the wisest man would build the most complex structure. King Solomon lived aroud 1000 BC, the Pyramids are said to have been built aroud 3000 BC if this be true, how do you explain the claim that there were no Greater Structures than that, that Solomon built in ANY Kingdom ? Further it would make more sense that the Great Pyramid is the Lords House as apposed to it being a burial chamber, the location(center of the land mass of the earth and perfect alignment to north south east and west, clearly shows devine revelation There is no way they could have known this unless God revealed it to them. There is much more, but I think this post is long enough as it is. will add further comments later.

twelve lions

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   
it is an interesting theory, but how do you explain all the artifacts, scrolls and carvings that show the egyptians building and claiming the purpose of the pyramids was that of a burial chamber?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Highly unlikely.
The Temple of Solomon was nothing like as lavish as stated in the Bible. Israel just didn't have the money or the resources to create the one depicted. Even if you believe the Bible, you can see that he spent all of his nation's money on building the Temple - he just couldn't afford to build anything else. Add to that the fact that the Temple was supposed to have no equal and you're on pretty dodgy ground. Remember that the pyramids are dated to at least 1000 years before he started on the Temple too!!!

The allusions to the pyramids are pretty interesting though. Solomon supposedly built the Temple after the Jews came out of Egypt. He could have used his knowledge of them in the blueprints for his own project.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Only the three pyramids of giza were built by King Solomon, the others may well be egyptian copies and thus why they have the inscriptions and are inferior to the Great Pyramid. The egyptians may have been used theirs for burial, but there is no proof whatsoever that anyone was ever buried in the Great Pyramidl. There are no writings in the Great Pyramid except that that man has put there to decieve us.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
You are defying logic. The great pyramids were built at least 2500BC. The Temple was built over a 1000 years later.

If there is any connection between the two sites - the Temple would have been the copy.

It's entirely possible that there is a connection. The early Jews were in exile in Egypt and they may possibly have been forced into laboring on the building of the Pyramids. They may even have been responsible for some of the architecture. The dimensions and the layouts of the pyramids would point to Egyptian belief/religion and not Israelite though. Even if they weren't forced into building them, the Jews would have been aware of the pyramids. Egypt is right next door to Israel and they could hardly go un-noticed.

As Judaism came out of Egypt, amalgamated some of the Egyptian religion and culture, it's entirely possible and likely that they also copied some of the architecture.

I agree that the pyramids weren't concieved originally as burial sites - they were places of worship in my opinion. Just like King Solomon's Temple, and even later buildings like Westminster Abbey and many other churches, people were buried within their grounds though.

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by Leveller]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I Kings 9:4 And if thou wilt walk before me, as David thy father walked, in integrity of heart, and in uprightness, to do according to all that I have commanded thee, and wilt keep my statutes and my judgments:
5 Then I will establish the throne of thy kingdom upon Israel for ever, as I promised to David thy father, saying, There shall not fail thee a man upon the throne of Israel.
6 But if ye shall at all turn from following me, ye or your children, and will not keep my commandments and my statutes which I have set before you, but go and serve other gods, and worship them:
7 Then will I cut off Israel out of the land which I have given them; and this HOUSE, which I have hallowed for my name, will I cast out of my sight; and Israel shall be a PROVERB and a BYWORD among all people:
8 And at this HOUSE which is HIGH, every one that passeth by it shall be ASTONISHED, and shall hiss; and they shall say, Why hath the LORD done thus unto this LAND, and to this HOUSE. ( to this day we wonder what happened to the people that built the Pyramids)
9 And they shall answer, Because they forsook the LORD their God, who brought forth their fathers out of the land of Egypt, and have taken hold upon other gods, and have worshipped them, and served them: therefore hath the LORD brought upon them all this evil. Daniels prayer for the restoration of the Lord's Sanctuary. 2 That the LORD appeared to Solomon the second time, as he had appeared unto him at Gibeon.
3 And the LORD said unto him, I have heard thy prayer and thy supplication, that thou hast made before me: I have hallowed this house, which thou hast built, to put my name there for ever; (GOD�S House has to still exist for it says that his name would be there forever, where is this house that was made from hewed stones ? ) and mine eyes and mine heart shall be there perpetually. (Daniel also spoke about GOD�S Sanctuary that is desolate) Dan 8:13 Then I heard one saint speaking, and another saint said unto that certain saint which spake, How long shall be the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to give both the sanctuary and the host to be trodden under foot? Dan 9:16 O Lord, according to all thy righteousness, I beseech thee, let thine anger and thy fury be turned away from thy city Jerusalem, thy holy mountain: because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and thy people are become a reproach to all that are about us.
17 Now therefore, O our God, hear the prayer of thy servant, and his supplications, and cause thy face to shine upon thy sanctuary that is desolate, for the Lord�s sake.
18 O my God, incline thine ear, and hear; open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, and the city which is called by thy name: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousnesses, but for thy great mercies. 19 O Lord, hear; O Lord, forgive; O Lord, hearken and do; defer not, for thine own sake, O my God: for thy city and thy people are called by thy name.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Umm, no!
King Solomon's reign started in 970+/-BC.
WHEN DID KING SOLOMON REIGN?

The Great Pyramid itself was built approxly. 2560+/- BC
The Great Pyramid of Giza

seekerof

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
What PROOF do you have that the Great Pyramid was built 2600 BC. don't give me anything from a manmade textbook, it could easily be a deception from satan. I do not trust any historian over what is written in the Bible.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lastday Prophet
I do not trust any historian over what is written in the Bible.

Then, sadly, you are a lost cause and any proof given to you is just gonna be a complete waste of time.

By the way, stop quoting bloody great passages out of the Bible. Giving a Verse and Chapter number will suffice.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   
What proof do you have that the Great Pyramid wasn't built in 2560BC that doen't come from a "manmade textbook"?
You are aware that the Bible is a "man-written" text-book?

seekerof

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Didn't you know Seekerof?: God wrote it!!

When somebody states a theory but then replies to logical argument that his theory is correct because "The Bible says so". I reckon it's time to leave the thread alone.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Again I ask...(I asked in another thread actually)...what PROOF do you have that the bible is real. Other than your faith.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:24 PM
link   
yes the bible is man written, but it is also GOD inspired. The fact that the structure that Solomon was built from blocks, some as large as 15 feet, it took 20 years to build and that it sits in the midst of Egypt as recorded in the bible, it also was "High" and the fact that the coffer in the Kings chamber is the same size as the Ark Of The Covenant and the length of the Kings Chamber is the exact size of the wingspan of the Cherubims adding to that the fact that the Sphinx is still greater than any such structure anywhere in the world to this day is overwhelming. and then you add in all the measurements of this Sanctuary that refer to the dimensions of the Earth it becomes clear that GOD's hand was involved in it's construction and location. there is no way any early civilization could have had this information only for it to disappear and leave questions. The Bible tells the whole story of what really happened, even to the point of telling why it became Desolate.

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by Lastday Prophet]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:33 PM
link   
MacMerdin although your question is off topic, I will answer. My proof is that I cast out Devils, Lay hands on the sick and they recover, I speak with tongues and the Lord confirms my Ministry with the signs that follow true Believers.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
The Great Pyramid itself was built approxly. 2560+/- BC
The Great Pyramid of Giza

There is plenty of proof that the pyrimids are in fact much older, it has (/might have been) been built 12,000 years ago:
www.doernenburg.alien.de...

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

yes the bible is man written, but it is also GOD inspired.

What PROOF do you have that the Great Pyramid was built 2600 BC. don't give me anything from a manmade textbook, it could easily be a deception from satan. I do not trust any historian over what is written in the Bible
[Edited on 24-3-2004 by Lastday Prophet]

unfortunatley there is currently absolutely NO evidence to suggest:

a)that the pyramids at giza were built in the time of King Soloman.

b)that the bible isn't just a story book, ( I personally believe it is loosely based on real events, but definately it has been edited heavily to remove anything that doesn't fit into christianity)

c)and that you're not a nutcase and that GOD didn't just inspire me to ask you to shut up!....

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
It all boils down to this question, Which is True ? The Bible account of what happened or The Historical records of man. I personally would never accept the record of man as oppossed to the Bible.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   

It all boils down to this question, Which is True ? The Bible account of what happened or The Historical records of man. I personally would never accept the record of man as oppossed to the Bible.

The Bible is a historical record of man!!!
And where in the book does it even suggest that The Pyramids were built after the Temple?!!!

Even if the measurements were exactly the bloody same and the first Temple was built in the shape of a pyramid, the Bible still doesn't say that it was buil;t before the Egyptian monuments. Just because certain measurements overlap doesn't mean that your interpretation is entirely logical. The Bible doesn't even back you up.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   

come on prophet even you gotta admit god can't make his mind up!
christianity, the roman catholic church and the bible are full of inconsistencies that even a four year old kid could point out .
the bible well at least the New Testament IS the word of man doesn't the bible even it say that in the old testament?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
3 But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4 In whom the god of this world hath BLINDED the minds of them which believe NOT, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.
John 12:40 He hath BLINDED their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them. This is why many cannot percieve this truth.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join