It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Embedding Youtube video in a thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
OK. I give up. How do I embed a YouTube video into a thread? I see the little button, and when I click it, it asks for the YouTube video number. I dont see a number on the video. Can anyone please help me figure this out? Thank you in advance.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Its the number after the equal sign in the url bar. It wasn't working for me earlier for some reason though.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
testing above answer:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   
yes that is the correct answer...just put in the string of letters and numbers after the = in the URL...that is the video ID

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   
That figures lol. I couldn't get it to work before. I spent 10 min then decided to just post the link. Good to know its working now.. Maybe I will go back and redo mine.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
When you see the address bar for youtube, you will see this...

h ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XKOwGffqlbM

For ATS you use the [yvi d][/ yvid] tags without the spaces.

Place this number only...

XKOwGffqlbM

between the tags and you get this result.

You can look at my post through the quote function to see it exactly.

Apparently it isn't functioning at the moment but that is the process.

Edited to add: I see you figured it out and I don't think it works when you preview post.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Thank you both very much.

I would have never figured that out on my own.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:33 AM
link   
testing answer

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Also, instead of just watching them once, why not save them

At youtube, you click on the video you want to watch, and it downloads into the site viewer embedded in your browser page.

That's fine to watch it once.

What if you want to save it as a file to watch again later?

A SIMPLE, FREE way to save the video as a file, to be watched again whenever you like.

The answer is to download and install two (2) applications which are available free:

VLC media player will play just about any video file. It will also play any media and audio files. Available Free and Open Source here:

www.videolan.org...

or

www.download.com...

xVideoServiceTheif (xVST) is an alpha build, open source, General Public Licence application available from:

sourceforge.net...

or

xviservicethief.sourceforge.net...

xVST includes downloading access to 50 different video service sites, including youtube and several adult sites which may be blocked if you want at the button “More options”.

Always restart your computer after installing new software.

Open xVideoServiceThief. Choose where the video will be saved on your computer by using the browse tool called “Downloads directory” in the bottom half of the xVST panel:

Back at the video site, right-click on the video you want to watch. Click on “Copy Shortcut”. In this case, we will download a video from youtube on how to get the most out of xVideoServiceThief:

Go back to the xVideoServiceThief panel.

Click the button “Add Video”. Right click and paste the video url into the box...

Click “Ok” - it will begin to download.

When completed downloading, you have saved that video permanently to wherever “Downloads directory” was set to save it on your computer and can watch it again as many times as you like using...

The VLC media player. Open it and...

Open “Media” and select “Open File”. You navigate to where the file was saved and select play.

A good instructional video on using xVST is found at:

www.youtube.com...

Happy video watching at YOUR convenience!

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 08:43 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thought I'd stick this in here since it's a recent embedding thread.

I'm getting a video no longer available message,but the link and video is still available in youtube.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I'm not sure why T but I think it has something do do with the video itself. Fox won't allow the video to be embedded without permission.

It's only recently that I remember actually seeing Simpsons stuff on youtube that was the show. Normally(I think, this could be wrong) if you find a Simpsons, Family Guy or one of there other shows on YT, they get pulled down quite quickly.

[edit on 19-10-2008 by GAOTU789]

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Okay lets test this

posted on Feb, 17 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I was just having the same problem; I kept checking off the 'keep this proxy from sharing stuff' box underneath where you put in the youtube id number, so I tried it with the box unchecked, and then it worked.

posted on Feb, 18 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It's 2014. A place so esteemed as ATS should have the ability to merely paste any link to any video/story, and have it automatically converted for the user.

I really don't get it.

new topics

top topics

join