It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banker Bailout: Total Financial Dictatorship

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Okay, so that means the anti-christ is Reza Pahlavi. Either way Reza Pahlavi fits into this story somehow.

I figure he is one of only two people on the planet who wants to call himself King of Kings and so on and so forth. The other is a member of the Qajar Dynasty, but they are both Persians and trace their monarchy to Darius and Xerxes. Or maybe it is the remnant of the Ottomans.

Either way I am going to find out why Reza Pahlavi is always in Washington D.C. and trying to get America to fight Iran for him.

So you guys have fun chasing the illuminati and contemplating overthrowing the government of your own home and I'll work on this Persian, who is the far more likely cause for the crap that has been going on over here.

I already knew you didn't have any answers, I just like toying with people.

Question: The number 2537; do you know what that is?

Answer: the age of the final destruction of Satan's kingdom.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by bruxfain]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
Did you all ever figure out one thing?? If they markets fail, the rich are poor as well. Why would they want to shut it all down and join us all in a rocks and sticks war? They don't want that..

The Rothschilds are worth 100 trillion. The Rockefellers are worth 11 trillion. Both dynasties survived the Great Depression, they engineered it after all. Believe me, they won't be hurt a bit while watching us beat ourselves silly with sticks and stones.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
What about the worthless securities your corrupt bankers sold us huh?
You think your getting free money?
Real Americans fight for there money.
Ill fight right beside you.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I cannot believe what We as a people have witnessed happen to our country over the past twenty years, with the past 8 being the most disgusting. We have not only signed away our constitution that we fought so bravely for, we have now signed away our financial institutions. This has obviously been on going, for more than a century, but we are witnessing the culmination.

I feel proud to be a part of this community at times like this, because I get so frustrated and sad when I go out with my friends or into the public arena and see such Apathy. Apathy kills. They simply do not care. They are perfectly content watching their once great country signed away to fewer and fewer people.

Many people on this board have predicted in one way or another another civil war, or revolution. I'm wondering if maybe they were just off on the time lines. I'm not sure what will happen over the next couple of months, but we are staring down the barrel of a financial bazooka. Which will leave many Americans without a retirement fund.

It might take another revolution before this thing we call Amercia is over with. I just hope the troops are on the side of the people, and not their paychecks.

We could do so much better as a country, as a people, and a species. It truly makes me sad. I'll end with this video regarding the bailout package.

Some of you might not like Karl, but he is a true American.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Ok so your guys made up some false securities?
And sold them to us?
So we cant get our money back?
I think most Americans want to do the right thing?
Give back our money bitch!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I don't think its all doom and gloom. At this very late stage of the "game" some kind of rescue package was necessary. I don't know all the details but it seems a lot of people on the verge of losing their homes will have a chance to renegotiate their mortgage at a reduced rate after the government purchases them from the lenders.

The bill will also create some desperatly needed liquidity. Many banks have already ceased giving loans and individuals/corporations cannot borrow. Bad news if your looking to expand your bussiness, buy a new car or home or go on vacation. Yes the banks were greedy in giving bad loans to just about anyone with a job and with little or no collatarol but does that mean we should let them crash the US economy?

And don't fool yourselves as everyone played a helping hand in creating this mess. People over-extended themselves in debt knowing that it would be difficult to meet their obligations should one person in the family not be able to work. Many took a chance and some paid the price.

Financial institutions gambled "their" assets for a better return while spreading the risk both domestically and abroad. Securities??? There is no such thing as a security especially if you gamble instead of invest.

Above all where was the SEC and why did it not investigate anyone/anything? And why was the government so late in realizing what was cooking all along? I can understand the sense of urgency displayed now but most of this BS could have been averted if better legislation was in place. Prevention is better than treatment!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RiotComing

Exactly... that's the ugly beauty of economics. It doesn't work by do as I do, it works by "I'll see what happens to you and then adjust my own part so it doesn't hurt my wallet so much".
Those who get hurt aren't the big cooperations and their leaders, it's the wee man working for them or a company depending on them. Even brokers...

Don't ever think they care about your ass. They just wanna get out on top and they sure are.

I fear for this package not working. Financial collaps in the states will result in world wide devastation. Imagine these billions dissappearing into a void. All the banks can say is "ooops", but the state will still be liable for that loan... or... the people will. The Fed will get its money, one way or the other.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:16 PM
link   
According to zeitgeist, mortgage foreclosures are ILLEGAL. There was a test case and the bank lost and the guy kept his house. Anybody know why that precedent isn't being used to keep people in their homes ?

/52bx34

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by zeeting
According to zeitgeist, mortgage foreclosures are ILLEGAL. There was a test case and the bank lost and the guy kept his house. Anybody know why that precedent isn't being used to keep people in their homes ?

/52bx34

under American law it is pretty easy to keep your home. and if people are losing their homes it is because they don't know the law or their rights. and lawyers don't usually give advice for free. and many people don't have the ability to research law over the internet or know where to go.

law is fair to those who know it.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
I'm just wondering still why this bailout was sooo necessary.

The country has dealt with plenty of times when the banking industry failed, banks closed, and the economy rolled on.

Here's a graph I stumbled upon that shows bank failures by the decade since the 1930's.

Image: Average Bank Failures Per Year By Decade

Looking at the history of past bank failures, we've been through a lot worse and never had to have the tax payers pay for a huge bailout to the banks.

[edit on 10/4/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

It's not a liquidity problem, the Fed injected 630 billion worth into the system before this bill was even passed, but no one was reporting this or talking about this on the news. It's not a liquidity problem, it's a leverage problem, period end of story. It's also a confidence/transparency problem as well.

This banks are way over leveraged, sometimes 30/1. It's not late in the game either, in fact it's very early. This is the just the tip of the problem.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
The graph I posted above only goes up to 2005, I found some other info on bank failures though.

The 10 Biggest U.S. Bank Failures

Bank Failure Facts

* According to the FDIC, from 1934 through 2007, there were only two years with no bank failures, 2005 and 2006.

* The year during that period with the most bank failures was 1989, when 534 banks closed their doors.

* During the savings-and-loan crisis (1986-95), 2,377 banks failed, representing 67 percent of the 3,559 bank failures from 1934 through May 2008. At the peak of the crisis (1988-1989), 1,004 banks failed, a rate of one failure every 1.38 days.

Bank Failures by Decade

* 2000-2007: 32
* 1990-1999: 925
* 1980-1989: 2,036
* 1970-1979: 79
* 1960-1969: 44
* 1950-1959: 28
* 1940-1949: 99
* 1934-1939: 312

This article used the FDIC as their source for information, since the number of failed banks only goes up to 2007 in the article, I went to the FDIC website to find out how many banks have failed this year.

FDIC - Bank and Thrift Failure Reports

According to the FDIC website, only 13 banks have failed in 2008 so far.

It sure seems like we've been through tougher banking times before and got by without having to foot the bill for a huge bailout to the banks!

[edit on 10/4/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I may be over dramatic but people REALLY should read the Declaration of Independence at least 3 times before going to bed tonight to provide them with a slice of reality.

To paraphrase:

We have Rights which have been invaded an ignored.

We are being fatigued into compliance by Congress' measures.

Our Government has plundered our Pensions, ravaged our Rights, burnt our Constitution, and destroyed the lives of our people.

Until we rise up, we comply. It is as simple as that.

Now, if we invoke that Declaration, which is still so valid today, and when our Government chooses to ignore that, the constitution as well as our rights, we should be inspired to do what is right. We should do our ancestors, who fought and died for those rights, proud. It is our duty to ourselves, to them but mostly to our children.

We should have their resolve and their conviction in order to change our lot.

I believe the consequences are a fair price to pay for what is right. I will do what is right when that time comes and I believe that time is now.

[edit on 4/10/08 by Lebowski achiever]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

According to the FDIC website, only 13 banks have failed in 2008 so far.
It sure seems like we've been through tougher banking times before and got by without having to foot the bill for a huge bailout to the banks!

Unfortunately, there is a flaw in your logic. Over the last 25 years, many large banks have taken over small banks. If you look at the total asset failures, they have increased. The problem is that there are far fewer banks today.

Here is just one statistic, out of many that I could have chosen:

By year-end 1994, the number of commercial banks had declined from a
1984 post-war high of over 15,100 to roughly 10,500, and average bank size
had risen from roughly $250 million to $360 million in inflation-adjusted
1996 dollars. (The number of savings institutions—savings banks and savings
& loan associations—was also declining, from more than 3,600 in 1985 to
just over 2,100 in 1994.) In addition to merging charters, more institutions
were becoming affiliates of bank holding companies. Thus, if the bank holding
company is considered the relevant measure of an individual banking
organization, the number of firms in the industry declined even more. By
year-end 1992, 71.7 percent of domestic commercial banks were affiliates of
bank holding companies. For discussions, see Savage (1993), Samolyk
(1994a), Holland et al. (1996), and Rhoades (1996).

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
What will you do with it all? Again, if you hold all the water in teh world, what good is it? It's worth nothing as you the holder of it all will still die and all of your efforts are for nothing, a complete waste.

That's why smart people like bill gates give back to the world as they soon find out they are going to die no matter what and all of the efforts in those short 75 years are all worthless.

In 100 years nobody will even care nor know who Bill Gates was, but in a million years billions will still worship Jesus Christ on every Sunday... Which one was the meglomanic idiot and which one had nothing?

[edit on 3-10-2008 by GrndLkNatv]

Oh yeah right ,I see where your heading with this 'logic'. Embrace JEEEEZUSS' as your personal lord and saviour and everything will just be aaalright .

tell that to all the people who have been f@%^&ed over by the churches.
The paedophile priests that jesus turned a blind eye to .
Do I have to go on ?
Where is your lord and saviour now when America is on its financial knees ?

Give me a freakin break . Its fundamentalists who backed america in to this mess .

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProfEmeritus
reply to post by bruxfain

I agree. Neither non-payment of taxes nor violent overthrow are the answer. We cannot condone such actions, since we then become as evil as they are, and we are better than that.
Please also remember that it isn't the ENTIRE Congress that perpetrated this treason. There are still 171 members of Congress that had the courage to vote against this bill:
clerk.house.gov...

Let's make sure that those that voted NAY are re-elected, and those that voted YEA are DEFEATED.

Ah yes ,the sober voice of reason from the profesor ! I have heard this voice many times . "I understand your pain but really they are not all bad and you should not get to upset about all this okay ?"

I call it the soothing voice of appeasing cowards .

If you have no job ,you pay no taxes . If the governement has used the bailout to describe american citizens as debtors ,they are no more than criminals on parole . And you will be treated as such .

No money ,no house ,no food ,no future and you expect peacefull demonstrations ? get real .

The US gov is at war with its citizens , economic war now ,followed by concentration camps . You walk meekly on to that train if you want but some of us have the balls to fight .

And dont insult our intelligence with the VOTE .Its to late for voting . The voting is RIGGED . Democracy has already been stolen , its dead as are your arguments for 'REASON'.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by reconpilot

Actually, I suggested that you find more responsible ways to deal with your problem to save your own life. I am 99% certain that you are wrong in you analysis of what is going on in this world and this country and 100% certain that if you run up on the owner of this house; you won't survive long enough to repent it.

So you can get all the fools pumped up to storm the heights and the same thing will happen to you that happened when they tried it in November 2005.

Its called compassion not cowardice, but you can believe what you want.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Violence will not work. At this moment the banksters are able to use the military against us. In the coming months and years, rivalry will form between the military and the banksters. At that point, things will become more interesting. Both sides will want to be popular with the peons. For now do not use credit. The banks which have gained the most from cronism are listed in zeitgest. Do not get mortgages with those banks . Learn to barter and work off the books occassionally. Hobbies such as glass blowing, blacksmithing and making ammo will become lucrative. If you already have a mortgage with an evil bank, refinance with a bank not listed as one of the evil banks. Do not join the military and do not encourage anyone else to join the military. While many of the sailors and soldiers are good people none of them should be enforcing the will of a bunch of greedy banksters.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by eradown]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by bruxfain

Actually, I suggested that you find more responsible ways to deal with your problem to save your own life. I am 99% certain that you are wrong in you analysis of what is going on in this world and this country and 100% certain that if you run up on the owner of this house; you won't survive long enough to repent it.

So you can get all the fools pumped up to storm the heights and the same thing will happen to you that happened when they tried it in November 2005.

Its called compassion not cowardice, but you can believe what you want.

I am a great believer in compassion and would not advocate violence until forced to the point . But if you cannot see the paralels between america now and the end of the weimar republic you are being willfully blind .

When the jews were being loaded on to rail cars the rabbis assured them everything would be okay because they are gods chosen race !

Only weeks ago you were being assured by all the experts and politicians that the economy was going to be fine . tell that to the people now living in cars and tents .

And how long ago was it that GW declared victory in IRAQ ?

No , its to late for that and to make matters worse the enviroment is going in to melt down .litterally .

America slept when there was still time to protest us out of the war and take congress back from the special interests . Its over now ,your to late .

Will you advocate compassion when they rip your wife and child from your arms and load them on to a truck ? Or do you say ,'dont worry Hon ,our god will protect you ' !!!!!

How many lies do you have to ignore before you WAKE UP ?

They have shredded your constitution ,turned your free country in to a police state and you are saying 'im sure it nothing to worry about '

It was the same in Nazi germany . Nobody wanted to see the obvious because hitler was the saviour of the nation .

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by eradown

Violence will not work. At this moment the banksters are able to use the military against us. In the coming months and years, rivalry will form between the military and the banksters. At that point, things will become more interesting. Both sides will want to be popular with the peons. For now do not use credit. The banks which have gained the most from cronism are listed in zeitgest. Do not get mortgages with those banks . Learn to barter and work off the books occassionally. Hobbies such as glass blowing, blacksmithing and making ammo will become lucrative. If you already have a mortgage with an evil bank, refinance with a bank not listed as one of the evil banks. Do not join the military and do not encourage anyone else to join the military. While many of the sailors and soldiers are good people none of them should be enforcing the will of a bunch of greedy banksters.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by eradown]

When I said fight I did not mean walk up to the nearest cop and smack him on the nose . I meant stand up and say no . No ,I will not take your damn ID card , No I will not just stick my head in the sand . I will not comply with anything that smacks of the police state .

There are many ways to disrupt a police state each according to their ability but I it seems to me that their is hardly a whimper on the streets of your country ,just helpless resignation .

But when the food shortages come the riots will begin and just protesting peacefully will be a terrorist act . When martial law is declared it will be to late . But when there is nothing to live for and your family is starving many will have nothing left to loose by fighting hard and dirty .

For years and years I tried to tell people this was coming and of course they laughed . America is to big ,to powerfull , they would never get away with it if they tried.

Well guess what ,they did and they have .

Perhaps there is still a brief window of time when the people can peacefully march on washington and demand their right to address their grievances but I doubt it will happen . I will cheer them on if they do . If I still lived in the US I would be marching with them.

It breaks my heart to see the end coming like a storm . Your republic is in its final death throws .

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join