It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Must Read: Hidden in Bailout Bill

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Bank of America=Bank of Italy.

Bank of America?? Realy??

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I remember telling a former friend that I had read that one of the the goals of the NWO was to eliminate cash. A few days later she read an article to me about how cash was no longer used in in Israel. That was in 1995 or 96. It looks like they are going to have their way, like James Warburgh said over 50 years, "By consent or Conquest".

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LuDaCrIs

Now they're not required to keep ANY of it.

What no one is picking up on in this thread regarding 0 Reserve is that this allows banks to "create" money via credit ("commercial paper"), which becomes monetized when the credit is utilized to purchase goods or services. A reserve requirement helps stem that aspect of fractional reserve banking; now there is no technical reserve requirement at all so there's no cap on how much commercial paper a bank can create. This translates to no cap on how much MONEY a bank can create effectively out of thin air.

This is a tool for hyperinflation, and it's very dangerous.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DisabledVet
Makes sense to me....

Cash is something that requires equipment and labor to print...is very expensive to stay ahead of counterfeiters so those costs have to be factored in as well as the absence of accountability.

LOL!!!!! As IF your account information is the ONLY thing that will be on the RFID chip.

Try over 2,000 pages of information and a GPS positioning for the satellites orbiting above.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I went to my bank today to deposit a check and withdraw cash. I requested to withdraw $5,000 and the teller said that they didn't have that much cash and it wouldn't be till next week until they got the cash in. She also said that someone came in and withdrew most of their cash. The bank in question is in the top 10, and I am in a very wealthy area of the country. I found it odd that on a Friday at 12:00 pm they were short on cash. I ended up getting half the amount, but it just makes me wonder what was really going on.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by The 5th Element]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
No cash would stop all but store and business trade. Now would you have a yard sell? How would you earn extra money doing odd jobs? Some much trade for goods and services need cash that by removing cash some much would stop the whole system would crash. The whole idea is crazy. I hope I am dead and gone when and if it happens.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
No cash would stop all but store and business trade. Now would you have a yard sell? How would you earn extra money doing odd jobs? Some much trade for goods and services need cash that by removing cash some much would stop the whole system would crash. The whole idea is crazy. I hope I am dead and gone when and if it happens.

I know lot's of people don't want to hear this but it is all clearly stated in the bible. Money will disappear and unless you're marked you will not be conducting any transactions....

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by secretstash

I dont remember the banking system being written in the bible.

The Pope and that cult are guarding the documents that were transribed as the bible because they are not sure what they really say and use only what they want. If you knew what the Bible really said you wouldn't be sitting here on ATS, you would be doing something with your life.

More Paranoia

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
What dose the bibel say!!!!

This guy is pritty good at explaining.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Found this video about the reality of Money and how the system works in a very easy to understand presentation

This IMO is a film everyone should have a look at...

Money as debt
A short film by Paul Grignon

Google Video Link

MONEY AS DEBT

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
I was on youtube earlier and Kdenninger had a video up that basically says(though he himself does not) that those that voted yes committed treason. The video was down within 10 minutes of me watching it. I don't know if he took it down or it was pulled though.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Well quite a few websites are going down...if you know what I mean.

Only way to connect if it happens would be smoke signals.

Phones, net, tele, easily taken offline.

Goodbye wonderful life, hello cruel world!

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Another move to the New World Order cashless society.
A MAJOR step was taken today by those that really run things.
Be afraid. Be very afraid.

Not quite sure how this could work..

I mean, you buy a used car on Ebay & go to pick it up from the guy who sold it...

No Cash? how you sposed to pay for it?

Every man woman & child in the US gunna have a Swipe machine for each others cards...lol

I'll keep my cah thankyou Mr "worl president"... or I'll find something else to trade with as currency & you can shove your bank up your rear end..lol

[edit on 10/4/2008 by Ironclad]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I love Ticker Forum...more people here should read it to understand financials.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:47 AM
link   
And the noose tightens,folks if something is not done soon we will be getting chipped,tagged and shipped out to those nice little Fema camps.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I can't even begin to describe the anger and betrayal right now. Sorry b@$tard$ will probably get re-elected, too.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Okay, I'm not a financial expert so I have a few questions, maybe dumb, maybe not.

Firstly, this essentially means that the 'fractional reserve' concept is now 0% instead of 5 or 10% or whatever it was before right? And if that's true, then it would mean that the banks can literally create money at will. With fractional reserve banking (more than 0%) they can essentially conjure money out of thin air, but not an infinite amount, because it depends on how many and how large the deposits/loans are that they are transacting.

Isn't this going to make the problem of bad loans and massive inflation even worse? That's assuming the goal of this was to even fix those problems, as opposed to gaining more control over the financial industry at the expense of... us.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
Okay, I'm not a financial expert so I have a few questions, maybe dumb, maybe not.

Firstly, this essentially means that the 'fractional reserve' concept is now 0% instead of 5 or 10% or whatever it was before right? And if that's true, then it would mean that the banks can literally create money at will. With fractional reserve banking (more than 0%) they can essentially conjure money out of thin air, but not an infinite amount, because it depends on how many and how large the deposits/loans are that they are transacting.

Isn't this going to make the problem of bad loans and massive inflation even worse? That's assuming the goal of this was to even fix those problems, as opposed to gaining more control over the financial industry at the expense of... us.

Almost exactly correct.
Yes, they can essentially create money out of thin air in the form of commercial bank money (lines of credit, loans, etc), which becomes monetized when the commercial money is used to pay for goods or services. As the loans are paid back, the created money "disappears." Keep in mind that many types of loan, such as a mortgage, have such a slow repay rate that the created money stays out "in the wild" for many years. Also, when loans are not repaid, such as in the event of a home foreclosure, that created money is still out there and isn't recouped until the bank sells the foreclosed house.

The lower the reserve rate, the more commercial bank money is created. When someone deposits, say, $1000, the bank will use $800 of that to make loans. The recipients of those loans take that $800 and use it to buy Item X. The person who sells Item X puts the money from the sale in *their* bank, who then uses that money to create more loans...and so on and so on down the line. The more money of that original $1000 that is loaned out, the more overall money is created. At 20% (approximate current), the creation is about five times the original deposit. At 10% reserve, the end result of commercial bank money created grows explosively to nearly TEN times the original deposit.
At 0 reserve, the end result is basically limitless.

To calculate how much commercial bank money is created, the formula goes:
C = 1/R
Where C is the commercial bank money and R is the reserve rate.
At 20%: C = 1/.20 : C=5 : 5 times the original deposit is created
At 10%: C = 1/.10 : C=10 : 10 times the original deposit is created
At 0%: C = 1/0 : you can't divide by zero

Scared yet?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:39 AM
link   
The undercurrents of this financial system are becoming more difficult to resist,the system is flawed,and I have been trying to avoid being sucked into it for years.
I was just informed by my employer that I had to arrange to have my pay electronically transferred to the bank.
I have been getting handed a paycheck on friday for almost 5 years,and that is the way I liked it,it leaves at least a small amount of control in my hands.I live in florida,the first year I was here I was working for a guy doing odd jobs in trade for a place to live and so on.When the hurricanes came,there were runs on ATM's by the panicky little freaks in the world,and there was no money to be had because the banks were closed.
This did not effect me,but now my employer is demanding I change over to check to bank,if they give me my check in person,I can cash it at any number of places on my way home from work.
I don't think it is entirely lawful for them to change the arrangement without my agreeing to mutually after a given passage of time,we have been doing this for almost 5 years.
I am getting sucked in whether I like it or not,all they have to do is threaten to fire me if I don't comply.
Don't even get me started on florida employment laws and working conditions,in a nutshell "slavery is alive and well in the south".

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I do know all too well how this system works,by the way.
I would rather be paid in groceries really.
At least I KNOW what will be on the shelf come meal time.
With a system such as this,you just never really KNOW what your labor will be worth from one day to the next.
Those banksters should not have been bailed out for making the mistakes they made,they should have been jailed.
Don't Bail Em,Jail Em.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join