It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Brad Sherman says Congress threatened with Martial Law in the Unitied States if Bailout bill is

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

Maybe it's not actually martial law. It could be Freedom Law or Patriot Law. Have you hugged your warden today?

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Despite that fact that millions of Americans wrote and called to say "no," the traitorous Senate and House (and President) said "yes." It was perplexing. Why? What were they afraid of?

Well now we've found out.

Rep. Brad Sherman of California ( www.infowars.com... ) came forward and admitted that some in the House are claiming to have been threatened with marshall law in America if they didn't vote for it. And to back it up, the 1st Brigade Combat Team of the 3rd Infantry, was suddenly, without previous announcement or justifiable reason, redeployed to American soil. (This development is so alarming that even the normally passive and reserved Cato Institute made a statement about it to CNN: www.cnn.com... )

It is time for a housecleaning! Time to show them that they work for Main Street, not Wall Street.

Based on quick analysis, it looks like there are several Senators who voted "yes" who are in tight races, and perhaps more who are vulnerable. In the House, the analysis is even better. There are over a dozen who are in vulnerable races, where a little bit of effort might make all the difference. And, a number of Senators are also subject to recall (18 states allow of it).

Targeting these so-called "representatives of the people," with print and radio ads highlighting their betrayal, could really make an impact on their chances for re-election -- and put the fear of constituency back into the Washington elite.

Are you interested in making it happen? There isn't much time before the election, so it will take money (quite a bit, things cost more at the last minute) and effort (the same). Can you participate by offering time (to write letters, post to forums, hang door hangers), special skills (web design, copy writing, political analysis, seed capital(!), graphic design, printing) or funds (did we mention money)? Please make a pledge to un-elect these traitors.

Contact the Constituent Response Team at [email protected] if you can pledge some of your time, fortune, or honor to saving America for the Americans on Main Street.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
This kind of talk demonstrates that the Patriot Act had far less to do with so called terrorism, and terrorists, than with elements of control directing and authorizing centralized dictatorships into the future.

The historical problem has to do with decline within blind centralization, whereas the most favorable sustaining systems of government yielding general prosperity have happened best within the essentials of the Federal Constitutional system. Guaranteeing individual rights makes your stock, or rather our "We the People," stock more valued.

In short the naked short selling of our entire political system, where higher powers assuming unto themselves an oligarchy maintain a decreasing qualitative thrust of the general population, while sustaining an illusory isolated set of environments for the extremely wealthy. Hence we see the extension of gated communities and such, since the general system has too many holes and failures programmed deliberately into it.

Having chosen a failed model, one towards dictatorship, and doing things "because we can," rather than because those things are equitable and just, creates a dual state of mind such as in other totalitarian systems. People already think and speak "Bin Laden did 911," while knowing privately that is not necessarily the case, nor is it a final explanation. The same duality of thinking pervades the general population who "keeps their jobs," and so forth with absurd fictions and rote explanations.

This martial law concept for passing the bailout demonstrates another layer of a failed and flawed historical model. As in any search for the truth, the old Roman inquiry "Cui bono," or who benefits, is indicated. "Follow the money," too.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by SkipShipman]

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur

he says "a few people were even told..." that is heresay, no?

So were WMD in Iraq, clearly, yet I'm relatively sure that a small detail as that kept us from going there.

Campaign's of psyops don't need an ounce of truth attached to them, only an audience.

AB1

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Regarding the stationing of troops permanently in the US to deal with domestic situations and the bandying about of the possibility of imposing martial law, I think it is odd that Col. Barry Johnson of U.S. Army North, from this article;

www.cnn.com...

would choose this particular wording;

"We don't have the luxury to wish these things away. We have to imagine the unimaginable," Johnson said.

when describing the need to have a unit prepared to deal with domestic disturbances.

This wording is eerily similar to the title of a report commissioned by the Pentagon in 2003 regarding the National Security issues an abrupt climate change scenario might require.

Imagining the Unthinkable

The purpose of this report is to imagine the unthinkable – to push the boundaries of current research on climate change so we may better understand the potential implications on United States national security.

The United States and Australia are likely to build defensive fortresses around their countries because they have the resources and reserves to achieve self-sufficiency. With diverse growing climates, wealth, technology, and abundant resources, the United States could likely survive shortened growing cycles and harsh weather conditions without catastrophic losses. Borders will be strengthened around the country to hold back unwanted starving immigrants from the Caribbean islands (an especially severe problem), Mexico, and South America.

Yet, even in this continuous state of emergency the U.S. will be positioned well compared to others. The intractable problem facing the
nation will be calming the mounting military tension around the world.

It just makes me wonder if the only thing driving the "imperativeness" of some of the recent actions by our government is the economy, or even some evil Illuminati plan to rape and pillage said economy. (Not that I totally discount that possibility at all)

I had not thought about the possible connection to this report at all until reading that statement by Col. Johnson, however, if the Pentagon has quietly been taking this report seriously and preparing for precisely what the report predicts, it would explain a lot of "mysterious things" such as the large amounts of coffins in Georgia, FEMA camps, etc. Those are exactly the types of things one might expect to see built if there one was expecting,

unwanted starving immigrants

and were,

4) Identify no-regrets strategies. No-regrets strategies should be identified and implemented to ensure reliable access to food supply and water, and to ensure national security.

There exists the possibility that this move towards a more militraized domestic landscape has been in the works for several years and this economic crisis is simply escalating the timeframe and providing the "excuse" to put things in place "as a precaution against civil unrest or natural disaster" without cluing us in to the true seriousness of our predicament.

edition.cnn.com...

June 25, 2008 -- Updated 0220 GMT

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Global warming could destabilize "struggling and poor" countries around the world, prompting mass migrations and creating breeding grounds for terrorists, the chairman of the National Intelligence Council told Congress on Wednesday.

This might be a much bigger mess than a simple attempt at an economic coup, as awful as that is.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by Illusionsaregrander]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Where can we go to see how each candidate voted?

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Doesnt anyone see whats really going on here with all this?

They are pounding it into your heads just like they did with the war drum over Iraq...so that when it comes down to actually initiating a martial law, the sheeple will be accepting it as a must do.

The time now is not to be in fear, or to be laxed in responding, but to ACT.

So ACT and tell your elected officials this wont be acceptable.

Otherwise, they will do exactly what they are preparing to do and in the meantime, programming everyone's heads to accept it.

ACT.

Cheers!!!!

Our elected officials don't care what we find unnacceptable. Simply protesting and telling them you don't like it won't get anything done. Your letter or email or whatever will be thrown in the pile to be used to light their cigars and fireplaces.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Looking at the chart for Friday I can pretty much tell what time it was passed. Look at that decline mid day!!!

By mid week it's almost a certainty that the Dow will be sub 10,000. That's one HUGE psychological barrier. 1000 point drops or gains are easily possible in that territory. When you see a 1000+ point drop or gain for a day we will be thinking in 1000 point units. For us traders there's a LOT to be gained and lost pending how you play your cards. When the shorts are allowed to trade this week we will see the market dive as the hedge funds incite panic while they short to their heart's desire.

Near 8000's on the DOW by Friday is what I see.
They might even let the DOW fall so the shorts will be forced to try and cover when they prop it back up. Be very careful if you trade because this might be a wealth swap / honeytrap. If this happens DOW could be back up to 10000 next Monday with strong support around there. I'm going to play on the nose dive. Some GE would be nice for me longterm! ~

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

Why would marshall law be so much worse than looting the American people of their hard earned wealth?During World War II marshall law was declared. It was not that bad. The country is being looted by people who have no conscience. Congress and the Senate should have voted against giving unlimited access to the bank accounts and 401k's of Americans to the empty suits and empty skirts who wrecked the economy.

[edit on 5-10-2008 by eradown]

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:10 PM
link   
That video snippet is an awesome find. Thank you. I'm just curious, and I hope I don't look too stupid asking this... but what exactly would "Martial Law" look like to everyday citizens in such a case of economic crisis? I mean, say the President declared Martial Law. Is that just a curfew? Would I not be able to travel more than 10 miles from my house? Would schools be closed? Could I only go to the pump once every two weeks? Please tell me I don't need to give up my pistols. Thanks.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join