It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Brad Sherman says Congress threatened with Martial Law in the Unitied States if Bailout bill is

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Oreyeon

No man they passed it! All it needs now is the president's signature.

EDIT: Whoa, the POTUS signed it already!? Damn...

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Striker122]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Signed, sealed and delivered.

Anyway,

BUMP.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   
this is absolutely disgusting since it is possibly very true.

has any other president let the govt bail out banks before?

I think this is one of the most corrupted govt actions ever, this is nothing but treason in my opinion.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION!!!!!

The fact is I have called and emailed my rep Ron Klein D and Senator Martinez R and left messages knowing how pathetic this is. This is illegal and our government should be ashamed and afraid.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
This is the line in the sand people.

I believe this will be the pretext for a total revision of our realities...
What is the answer to 1984?

CORE

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:47 PM
link   
No wonder they passed this bill. But I would rather them vote yes then have martial law.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Since this bill has been passed and signed, is the introduction of the Amero just around the corner?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I find it Ironic that they wanted to pass this bill so fast to save the economy and are now saying it won't help the economy at this moment. The treasury has to analyze what they will do, in other words they have no plan what to do with the money. Pretty freaking unbelievable. What has the treasury been doing these last few weeks? They are saying it could take several months to a year to figure things out.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
this is absolutely disgusting since it is possibly very true.

has any other president let the govt bail out banks before?

I think this is one of the most corrupted govt actions ever, this is nothing but treason in my opinion.

Here is the link

The RFC began in the fall of 1931 as the National Credit Corporation, through which leading banks were persuaded, at a secret conference with Hoover and his aides, to extend credit to shaky banks, with Federal Reserve assistance. When the banks balked at this scheme, Hoover threatened legislation to compel their cooperation; in return for their agreement to the NCC, the Administration agreed that it would be strictly temporary, to be replaced soon by an RFC.

The RFC bill was passed hurriedly by Congress in January, 1932. The Treasury furnished it with half a billion dollars, and it was empowered to issue debentures up to $1.5 billion. Meyer was chosen to be chairman of the new organization. In the first half of 1932, the RFC extended, in the deepest secrecy, $1 billion of loans, largely to banks and railroads.(48) The railroads received nearly $50 million simply to repay debts to the large banks, notably J. P. Morgan & Co. and Kuhn, Loeb and Co. One of the important enthusiasts for this policy was Eugene Meyer, Jr., on the grounds of "promoting recovery" and frankly, of "putting more money into the banks." Meyer's enthusiasm might well have been bolstered by the fact that his brother-in-law, George Blumenthal, was an officer of J. P. Morgan & Co., and that he himself had served as an officer of the Morgan bank.

But Hoover wasn't satisfied with the massiveness of the RFC program. He insisted that RFC be able to lend more widely to industry and to agriculture, and that it be able to make capital loans. This amendment – the Emergency Relief and Construction Act – passed Congress in July, 1932; the Act nearly doubled total RFC capital from $2 billion to $3.8 billion, and greatly widened the scope of RFC lending.(49) During 1932, the RFC extended loans totalling $2.3 billion.

Herbert Hoover's enthusiasm for government aid to industry and banking was not matched in the area of Depression relief to the poor; here his instincts were much more voluntarist. Hoover steadfastly maintained his voluntary relief position until mid-1932. As early as 1930/31, he had been pressured on behalf of federal relief by Colonel Arthur Woods, the Chairman of Hoover's Emergency Committee for Employment, who had previously been a member of Rockefeller's General Education Board. But in mid-1932 a group of leading Chicago industrialists was instrumental in persuading Hoover to change his mind and establish a federal relief program. In addition to widening the powers of the RFC loans to industry, Hoover's Emergency Relief and Construction Act was the nation's first federal relief legislation. The RFC was authorized to lend $300 million to the states for poor relief.(50)

Throughout the Depression, Herbert Hoover gave vent to his long-standing dislike of speculation and the stock market. In the fall of 1930, Hoover threatened federal regulation of the New York Stock Exchange, hitherto thought to be constitutionally subject only to state regulation. Hoover forced the Exchange to agree "voluntarily" to withhold loans for purposes of short selling. Hoover returned to the attack during 1932, threatening federal action against short selling. He also induced the Senate to investigate "sinister . . . bear raids" on the Exchange. Hoover seemed to find it sinful and vaguely traitorous for the stock market to judge stock values on the basis of current (low) earnings. Hoover went on to propose what later came to pass as the New Deal's SEC, a regulation that Hoover openly applauded.

Hoover bailed out the banks and ignored the working and middle class relief. The banks still failed...its deja vu all over again baby.

We just have to hope Obama will be Roosevelt

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Leo Strauss]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Well they went ahead and did it anyway. Its on them if it doesn't work and they won't be forgiven.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Speaking of martial law you should watch this video about the bailout and martial law.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by The Revealer

That's heavy. I also believe it to be the truth. I'm not paying taxes anymore, I'm not giving one thin dime to these crooks.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
I find it Ironic that they wanted to pass this bill so fast to save the economy and are now saying it won't help the economy at this moment. The treasury has to analyze what they will do, in other words they have no plan what to do with the money.

Oh, I believe they DO have a plan. However, it just wouldn't go over so well if they let on that they intend to pocket it. Just watch.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I dont see why some people are bashing on the guy and calling him a twit, (the Sherman guy) for having the guts to say that they were being pressured. He said it in front of his peers. He said "some of us" which would indicate to me that he expected his audience (there in the room) to know that what he was saying is the truth.

Sure it would be nice to have several of them come forward and say "Yes, I was threatened in this way" but quite frankly, I think his being willing to say that on camera and in front of his peers is pretty convincing.

Great thread OP. I am really glad to have seen that.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Sherman clarifies his remarks on the Alex Jones show.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Apparently this is the article Alex Jones is referring to.

www.armytimes.com...

They may be called upon to help with civil unrest and crowd control or to deal with potentially horrific scenarios such as massive poisoning and chaos in response to a chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear or high-yield explosive, or CBRNE, attack.

They make it sound very patriotic in the article. I guess we will just have to see how it plays out.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Traffic wardens in the UK have been issued with cards outlining greater powers where they can arrest people and even enter property. These are for an upcoming war which will most likely lead to mass civil unrest and traffic wardens and others will be required to help out the police.

This is mentioned in a recent speech by David Ike

video here

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   
I think that national martial law would be very difficult to implement and maintain on short notice. That being said I also feel that the more of us who imagine it, the more likeley it will manifest. By the way, I 've been a fan of Alex Jones for quite some time and have felt he was accurate by and large. But, in the light of current events, I think he is more partisan and alarmist than I previously thought= weakened credibility.

Not mentioning Alex Jones to derail, but he is always warning about the coming matial law.

Posting my own opinion.............I am not trolling.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
It doesnt surprise me one bit. Fear mongering at its finest. Keep people afraid, even the senate and the congress.

People with the most to lose are the easiest to manipulate.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
US citizens needs to put their tax payments into closed accounts since putting them into your country´s deposit only makes the richest richer.

This bill is NOT going to help your healthcare, the bill is NOT going to affect the common people, the bill is NOT gonna prevent any normal income people from foreclosure, this bill WILL help the richest to get even more rich.....

Best regards and good luck over there

Loke.

[edit on 4-10-2008 by Loke.]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join