It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman, 90, Shoots self in forclosed home

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This make me sick to my stomach.

Congress is bailing out crooks on Wall Street against the peoples will and a 90 year old woman that has most likely work hard all her life, doesn't get a lick of help.

This is not Capitalism folks, this is insanity on earth.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
This is not Capitalism folks, this is insanity on earth.

That's like, 'it's the person not the gun'.

But can you trust the person holding that gun?

In fact, the person who has complete control of that gun?

The gun that you all struggle everyday to get a piece of?

The same gun that always works for those that control it, and only allows you a piece of when they allow it?

The same gun that forces people to work most of their lives to sustain but never gain from?

The gun that's held over all our heads, and allows exploiters to legally benefit from steeling our labour?

We should melt that gun down, and build jail cells for it's trigger pullers. That would put an end to the insanity.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

This 90 year old woman was granted a $45,000 loan for a period of 25 years, in 2004, when she would have been 85 to 86 years of age.

What was her disposable income ?

Did it consist solely of the aged-pension ?

What were the monthly loan repayments ?

What was the total of her fixed-income ?

Who did the math ?

There lies the problem.

There are millions of aged-pensioners who'd love nothing more than to be handed the keys to their own home.

And if Bill Gates or Richard Branson or the government wishes to make those people's dreams come true .. sure, go ahead, provide free housing for the elderly, no strings attached.

But lenders who grant substantial loans to those who're unable to pay for them are creating problems for all concerned.

Where do the lenders get their money ?

Whose money is that ?

Do those whose money is being loaned out expect a return on their money ? Do you expect to receive interest on your bank savings ? Or are you prepared to say, ' Gee, an old lady with no money wants to live in that house .. ok, go on, give her my money and I'll work two jobs in order to accrue more savings ' ?

Nothing is for nothing. The reality is, if Ms. Polk hadn't managed to provide herself with a home for her old age while she was of employment age .. then she had no right expecting others to pay for that property. And the lenders had no right granting her a loan for that house out of others' savings.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Dock6

I totally can relate to this issue. I worked for a Loan oficer who had not dignity in the matter of which she preyed on minorities, desperate people and the elderly. She knew that there was no way that these individuals would be able to pay this loan back. She was just as ruthless and insensitive to the well being of others only to keep her beautiful lifestyle.....Karma is something, isn't it?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join