It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Waking up with wounds

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I put this in the health forum because the last thing I'm looking for is a reason like "attacked by demons" or something like that. However I find what has been happening to me is strange and I look for a reasonable down to earth explanation for it.

Recently I started to wake up from the night with wounds. They are scratches up until 20 cm's long. I have nothing in the near proximity of my bed that could hurt me when I would move heavely in my sleep.

Although my nails are quite long, some of the scratch marks are in place that I cannot reach myself with my hands. (And I don't own cat's or anything like it... just hamsters but they are caged so they don't go running around on my bed)

It all starts to worry me a bit because I can't find the reason. Can someone help out on this?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ambushrocks

I don't really have any answers for you, but sometimes I wake up with scratches too. I have long nails though...and the scratches on my arms or my stomach, or my legs, I attribute to myself.

BUT as you have said, I have also woken up in the morning, and had scratches down my back (not from anything fun - trust me I'd remember that). And since I sleep alone, I can't think of how they could've got there...

*shrug*

- Carrot

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:43 PM
link   
[the last thing I'm looking for is a reason like "attacked by demons" or something like that.]

Ok well then good luck with that ..
Because it may be the ONLY explanation of whats happening ..

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
@ Simplynoone :

Ok well then good luck with that ..
Because it may be the ONLY explanation of whats happening ..

I understand what you say but I always try to look for a logical explanation first. I'm not saying these things don't happen, it's just that I want to rule out everything else before I start thing about those things.

@ CA_Orot: Yes that is exactly what happens to me too.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Are you sure they're scratches and not insect bites that are working their way up your body? I think there are all types of little insects: bed bugs, mites, fleas, etc. that kind of "burrow" underneath the epidermis, giving the impression one has been scratched.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
That is something I haven't thought of yet! I will check everything for bugs! I am a hamster breeder so they sometimes can get bugs that are also keen on humans. Good thought!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
ok dudes i have the same problem. Its kind of scary you guys had to bring up demons.but i to get scratcehes on my back. i just found out today when my mom was applying icy hot to my shoulder.she asked me what girl was scratching my back but i dont recall any girl scratching my back so its kind of scary to wake up and find that you have scratches on your back.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
have you ever considered that you may have hurt yourself while sleep walking.

Or may have been sleeping on a bad mattress, maybe a spring poke out somewhere. Coupled with the fact that people tend to toss and turn around their sleep, would only make sense for the individual to have scratches.

top topics

join