It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush signs $700 billion financial bailout bill

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmlima

Originally posted by KaginD
Based on how I feel, what I am seeing on here, what I am hearing on the tv, and what I am reading on other sites... this is going to bring on something historical. Weather its the crash of the US, a revolution, or whatever the case.. The people are pretty much standing together on this one.

P.S. The Dow in now -4

Wanna bet nothing extraordinary will happen and life will go on as usual. It's nearly XMas anyway and people's minds will soon turn onto it.

The earth will continue to spin, a couple more banks will be bought by other ones and many more CEO's will get fat bonuses, people in general will continue to impoverish, but hey, they have credit cards and so they will be happy ...

For something to happen people would need to move away from their screens, no revolution happens at home, well they can always go to the X-Box and kill some more evil aliens, but the world will still not change.

Ah you cynical rascal you, but alas probably right.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ezziboo
Here's what I'll be doing as my very own "quiet riot:"

I have single-handedly passed a bill in my OWN house (it's a dictatorship, sorry) which mandates the following: from now on, we will not spend money on any @8#damned thing that we don't absolutely NEED. Here's what made it into the bill:
food
shelter
medical
beer (husband insisted this be added...as a benevolent dictator, I agreed)
foot massages (will train husband as concession for beer, so foot massages will be free)
EVERYTHING else currently in the household budget goes out the window...no ifs, ands, or buts.

We're a two-income household; since I'm not gonna be keeping up with the Joneses anymore, I think I just might quit my job (thus lowering income taxes). I hate my job anyway!! I've always felt that I'd be much happier and peaceful as a full-time homemaker, but always felt the need to bring home a lil' bacon to spend on absolutely worthless, disposable crap...not anymore.

If we all stopped spending, you'd better believe Wall Street would feel it, and so would the House, Senate, & President.

Ezzi

[edit on 3-10-2008 by ezziboo]

[edit on 3-10-2008 by ezziboo]

Good job Ezzi! I quite often refer to my own house as a dictatorship. The only people getting my money anymore is the grocery store (and I don't mean WalMart) and the gas I need to drive to work on. I have a stay at home hubby.

link   
RFBurns is right.

Typing away here won't change anything. Those who would, put up. Those who won't or can't have no choice but to shut up for, they will be silenced by their own inaction anyway.

AB1

link   
I guess it is the final piece of a silent coup. We got taken by our own greed and fear and sold the idea you can push paper around and create real wealth.

I just can't figure why the dems would choose a such a lose/lose position.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I love how Bush issued a statement saying he's glad that "we have come together on this issue", who is this "WE" that has come together?? You and the zionist thug bankers and puppet reps? "WE" sure as hell ain't the American citizen but I guess WE don't truly matter anymore, the government is no longer a democracy but a autocracy/dictatorship.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
You know what the really sad part is of all this? Everybody is so pissed off about this now but in just a few short weeks (if it takes that long) nearly everybody will forget about this and how We the People just got screwed today. The American people have an attention span of about 5 minutes and that is the exact reason why the country is in the shape it is in today. And guess what, the politicians know it and that why they don’t give a damn. Nothing is going to change until We the People change and start holding these rotten bastards accountable!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
With the events as of late, I'm reminded of the first five words spoken in every episode of that old classic cartoon series, Captain Planet and the Planeteers: Our World Is In Peril!

This is not going to just affect the US, but the entire world economy! Unlike the Great Depression, the effects of this 'Bailout' will be felt worldwide.

I'm also reminded of a classic Beatles song:Revolution!

How much longer are we going to just allow this blatant ignoring of the will of the people! It's about time we demand the reinstitution of the Constitution. This has gone on far too long!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Allow me to, right from the top, apologize if I'm totally wrong on this, but in a "credit crunch" wouldn't taking 700 or so billion US dollar out of public --therefor out of circulation-- only make the problem worse?

And in a fractional reserve banking system, if I was to put all of that money into reserve, wouldn't that allow me ( the bank ) to issue X times that amount in credit, making the problem much bigger yet again only postponing it a little?

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Manawydan]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
reply to post by Kruel

Thats the spirit!!! Stick to your guns when the IRS comes a knockin ok.

Cheers!!!!

Damn straight I will. I've got guns and I'll be buying more bullets tonight. Maybe I'll buy a pitchfork as well in case I run out.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jmlima

Actually, I have wrote to legislators of PA, NJ, and FL over all of this bailout wooha. Kinda funny, because 2 did not respond at all, and Alan Spector did nothing but send out a reproduced Email that was sent to everyone that raised an objection about the bailout. I do what I can, but sometimes that is not enough. I hope you are right when you say that everything will go on as normal, but I do not put my faith in any of this anymore. I work off of what I am seeing, and that is why I have red flags going up. Its good to know that some people can still find comfort in these times. Good for you

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Bush has just signed the bailout into law.

It's a done deal.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I give it until next Friday for us to see wide spread riots over this. Far to many are far to angry to just let this go.

I think it is safe at this point to say that our country will never be the same.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

Generally speaking I think I would agree with you, but not on this one.

I think the affects will be so far reaching and for so long, that it will be impossible to forget, as we will be living it instead.

Someone mentioned something about Xmas time rolling around...by Xmas time I think we'll see that the Retail market is so slow that no one will realize just how much they really got screwed.

AB1

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
For those of you who want to know how NOT to pay their taxes to send this government a message here is how you do it.

Show as many independents as you can to keep as much money as you can on a weekly basis. Then when it comes time to file for taxes. DONT DO IT! I am self employed so Im going to avoid it my own way but I WILL NOT PAY ANOTHER DIME IN TAXES!!!! This is the only way we can get our government to listen.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Ron Paul will be speaking on CNN live about the Pork, and what is really going on. I suggest you tune in for it.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by LiquidMirage

I agree with you .. but 'accountability' begins with the individual.

No point spending money you don't earn.

Why take loans and mortgages you know you cannot repay ?

So sure, via your vote you can help hold the PTB accountable. But accountability begins at home. Lead by example and teach your children not to live beyond their means and to evade the credit-debt trap.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Rick Sanchez on CNN just announced that Ron Paul will be joining him live sometime in the next hour. Time to hear from the other side of this.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Here is the deal folks.

If we really want to put a stop to this bailout BS, then simply do not pay any taxes. It will put a huge dent on their plan and allow you to funnel all that hard earned money into survival skills and supplies.

No matter what the government attempts...in short WE THE PEOPLE truely do have the power to overcome...its just a matter of takiing ACTION.

New slogan for the people...DONT PAY TAXES..DONT PAY TAXES...DONT PAY TAXES!!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
There's no stopping it now.
CNN is reporting the prez already signed it.

ps. pay your taxes folks, not doing it is a short term response to what will be your long term problem.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by RFBurns
Here is the deal folks.

If we really want to put a stop to this bailout BS, then simply do not pay any taxes. It will put a huge dent on their plan and allow you to funnel all that hard earned money into survival skills and supplies.

No matter what the government attempts...in short WE THE PEOPLE truely do have the power to overcome...its just a matter of takiing ACTION.

New slogan for the people...DONT PAY TAXES..DONT PAY TAXES...DONT PAY TAXES!!!!

Cheers!!!!

It sounds great but people wont do this, the VAST majority would have to cooperate

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join