It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush signs $700 billion financial bailout bill

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by constantine70
well, there goes our grand children.. born into slavery. We already lost over 150,000 jobs in September... they better bring back the 'out sourcing' jobs so that we can pay this crap back... Why do I smell revolution in the air??? The pres better say 'why' this bill passed when the VAST majority of the Americans did not want this. What next, IRAN invasion?

No, what's next is they are proposing to make legal partial birth abortions again.

Even though 90% of Americans are against them.

Then Iran.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Thats just it though, we didnt get a vote. The American People were totally ignored through this whole process. At least your leaders dont pretend that you live in a democracy where the majority always rules.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Why are these reps in the congress/senate even needed? They aren't representing a majority of what the Americans want lol. I sent Saxby Chambliss for GA a nice E-mail telling him he will never have my vote again if he is choosing to run for re-election, also that what the senate did was a slap in the face to Americans. Glad the Dow is down, hope it crashes and burns!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Pelosi is second only to the immediate Bush cabal members in terms of her criminal offenses both against this nation and abroad. She epitomizes what a bunch of traitors and treasonists we have ruining this country. She needs to be put on trial and locked away for life along with the rest of these criminals.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by sos37

Originally posted by Chilled Zen
Must have taken a lot of threats and bribes to change this vote from last week. Shame the US has given up on free market capitalism. Hope the UK doesn't try something of this nature, wouldn't put it past our politicians.

Watch the video on MSNBC. Nancy Pelosi is the one who made a lot of the changes in the entire bill. If there was ever a reason to vote someone out, that's it.

How do you figure that???

They passed the SENATE version.

Pelosi is the Speaker of the HOUSE. Harry Reid is the Senate Chairman. You do realize the power the Speaker of the House carries, right? If the POTUS and VP both die, the Speaker of the House assumes the role of POTUS.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by sos37]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
technically the bill wasn't passed in a second effort. This is a different bill, revised of some of the more depicable details of the first, including oversight to the Secretary of the Treasury which was the most nefarious part of the original.
Since when did the government listen to its people? is this a surprise? Being a 27 yr old canadian and thusly only affected by this scenrio by proxy, i was always raised with the realization that the government is a machine set to run against our momentum as citizens, to counterbalance our progress and momentum.. sort of like a Newtons First Law of politics. of course tho, i am young and still have anger issues with authority

I guess a lot of life has to do with dominance, everything looks to dominate something else in order to survive or thrive, but instead of choosing to dominate over problems together, the governments of the world seem to look to only dominate the populace instead of welcoming us to their side.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
This is absolutely unbelievable! To blatantly defy the will of the people is just another sign that we are in deeper trouble than I thought. Then they justify the added 'pork' as good for their constituents when their constituents where against this peice of odorous feces 100 to 1! Trust me folks, the other shoe is about to drop! And we are powerless to stop it! I'm surprised Bush didn't run down the aisle in the House to sign it immediately! Hey George, good luck on finding the money to build that Presidential Library!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
President is about to make a live speech according to Sky.

Is he going to claim everything is all better now and everyone can go back to getting on with their lives as normal?

link   
The People are speaking up!! They just read an email on CNN that said this was a blatant slap in the face to the American people and it is time for a REVOLUTION!! CNN actually read this on the air.

link   

Originally posted by ExistenceUnknown
reply to post by budski

Thats just it though, we didnt get a vote. The American People were totally ignored through this whole process. At least your leaders dont pretend that you live in a democracy where the majority always rules.

The majority has not ruled this country in quite some time now. It is always the whiners and the 'squeaky wheels' that get their way despite the fact that a clear majority said NO.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
One day, you guys may talk of a myth that we lived in a free society. You should pass those tales down with your children.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

That's true, but neither died since Monday.

Pelosi didn't "change" anything on the Senate Bill that the House ratified.

She's a Representative.

====
Mod Edit: Added 'Reply to' link.

[edit on 3/10/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by KaginD

lol really maybe that was my e-mail... I doubt it though, mine was sent to my state senator not cnn.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustnoone1987

Nah, it was sent to the CNN station. But, at least other people outside of ATS are on the same page as us. Thats a good sign, if nothing else.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
peaker Polosi just signed the Bill live on CNN.com. Sorry don't know how to LINK. Bush is speaking now saying he will also sign the Bill before today is over.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:06 PM
link   
If you have money in the stock market, and you were against this bill I would urge you to take it out in protest of its passage. After all, what good is that money when the dollar tanks and those bills are only good for being softened and put on a roll. If our Founding Fathers pledged their Lives their Fortunes and their SACRED HONOR, can we do any less?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ExistenceUnknown
reply to post by budski

Just for the record, we dont live in a democracy. We live in a federal republic.

Google Federal Republic VS. Democracy. I did months ago and its long but it set me straight!

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Arkangel4time]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:10 PM
link   
When the people have no voice and no choice, THEY BECOME CATTLE..

I am an American who refuses to say "MOO", what about you my fellow American?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I've added several links to my initial post, including who in the house and Senate voted, and how they voted. Also a link to the bill itself, and other links.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PammyK
peaker Polosi just signed the Bill live on CNN.com. Sorry don't know how to LINK. Bush is speaking now saying he will also sign the Bill before today is over.

As far as I'm concerned, that should be recorded by every american and submitted as official evidence when criminal trials begin. No way can these thuugs break our backs any further with this elitism-invoked slavery and servitude. This is the final straw---They have declared war upon the people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join