It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush signs $700 billion financial bailout bill

page: 20
<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
congratulations to the federal reserve, now they own america more solidly than ever before. we are all their slaves, how many people here work more than one job?

to pay your bills? to eat? to put gas in your car? to clothe your children?

thanks also to their ownership of the MSM... with the surprising resistance to the bill originally, they couldnt respond quickly enough by using their propaganda machine to crank out 'human interest' stories about how the crisis is affecting average americans, they managed to change the opinion held by most americans that irresponsible wall street decisions should accept their own consequence.

if the supreme organised criminal gang, aka the federal reserve, did not exist in the first place, there would be none of this.

the whole thing was orchestrated by them to tighten their grip on us all with worthless paper money, completely unsupported by gold reserve, only endless debt.

700 billion dollars, do you know where that comes from?

they simply printed it.

why not read more about how much further we are enslaved to these criminals, who hold the real power in our country?

think its a joke?

Restore The Republic

educate yourselves, and everyone you can about the unbelievable fraud thats responsible for the american dollar being currently worth about 4 cents, compared to the pre-federal reserve economy.

they own us, every elected official, every news outlet.

they flaunt the rights guaranteed to everyone in the constitution and bill of rights, and they do it openly, because they can.

if you resist "nothing can help you".

as an individual, which is why it is vital that americans know the truth, in numbers they might be exposed and defeated.

when you find yourself with a little freetime, and would like to do something important with it, then simply watch this:

America: Freedom to Fascism

it will not be time wasted.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by zeeting

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

You know, I watched Zeitgeist earlier, and was mildly impressed, until the end of the program.

The commentator asks what it is that we can do to prevent the international bankers and money lenders from taking complete control over us, and then answers with 5 points. One of these points is to quit one's job if they are working for one of the multinational corporations.

My problem with this resides in the very real fact that most of us just can't quit our jobs, and go protest. We all need to have money to sustain ourselves. How does the speaker expect us to supply our families with the necessities, if we have no money. No reasonable alternatives were suggested, in my opinion.

While the movie has some very interesting facts in there for consideration, it fails to illustrate what we can REALLY do to stop or prevent those in power from taking anymore freedoms away from us.

A good attempt, but yet again, it failed to get the most important piece. Our method of salvation.

TheBorg - Very Frustrated ATS Member

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

Thats a really good point Borg, the lack of reasonable alternatives is key here.

My opinion, for what it's worth on THAT would be that we PROBABLY need localized community economy. Whether that be a barter system, or inter-municipal monetary system (call it what you will). But to get a community to rally to an effort like THAT; I look around me and see all those people STILL trying to out-do the next guy with bigger houses, bigger cars, more expensive lawn treatments (wtf), more gadgets, more connectivity, less family time, and thusly, bigger bills.

It's tantamount to asking a rich man to live a paupers life now, they wouldn't even know where to begin.

AB1

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

Quitting ones job is a reasonable suggestion. I've done it before and it's liberating, and not once has another opportunity failed to materialize.

What happens is people are so fear manipulated into buying the western lifestyle they no longer see how much it is taking out of them. If you take your family into the wild and make yourself a farm, ironically enough, you will need less man hours of work to set yourself up and be productive than most people running two jobs already give. And it will be healthier to boot.

The fact that people are so willing to basically eat crap for the status quo and scared to empower themselves and take control of their own destiny is the main control the NWO crowd has. Again we see a fear based control system.

Now, one caveat, don't do this impulsively. Do study your alternatives, take time to plan, finish contracts, walk away quietly. The point is take control of your own destiny, not burn bridges or run away.

Most individuals can undercut most big corporations in their skill of choice, because they have much greater leeway due to having a much lower overhead.

Getting millions of people out of the corporate sphere and competing against it would radically downsize the NWO in a few short months. It is a very reasonable proposition for a very sizeable portion of the population.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

I understand and agree with what you have said but having said that, what is the course of action we should take? That question was rhetorical because none of us actually have provided another solution.

Even though the film did not 'fill in those gaps' that you describe, at the very least it provides a basis for the rest of us to collectively think upon and perhaps help to fill those gaps. I got the impression from the film that the maker wasn't saying that his suggestions were the entirety of the plan, that there were gaps not even he could fill and so by putting it out there it provides a foundation for a larger 'hive mind' to begin the process of solving it.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zepherian
reply to post by TheBorg

If you take your family into the wild and make yourself a farm, ironically enough, you will need less man hours of work to set yourself up and be productive than most people running two jobs already give. And it will be healthier to boot.

Zeph, I agree with everything you've said, but this one can be a catch 22.

In our day and age, one can't simply 'get off the grid' by doing this. What "wild" is left that isnt one way or another under Governmental control? Were any such place still available, I think we would see HORDES and masses rushing to establish themselves away from the hand of big brother. At least, I know I would.

Just my opinion.

AB1

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

That sort of group exodus in a sense would be a solution to the problem.

Here's my take on this whole NWO thing: It's a psyop. They only have the control the population gives them. They are few, probably less than 10 000, we are 7 billion. So the solution is to talk about them, untill everyone knows. Then their control grid will fall apart because they don't have the manpower to run it. The window is now.

Don't fear the control structure, just drag the wizzard of oz from behind the curtain and it will all fall apart.

If anything the key to all this is how you view your fellow humans. If you view them lovingly and avoid direct conflict you will be out of the sociopaths control. If you go with a fear based mindset you will play into the spell.

It seems complicated because people get sidetracked and confused with a symbolistic cloud that is designed to keep the deer in the headlights. But at the heart all this is about love and fear. It really is that simple.

If people care for each other they will not be able to trap people on their grid, because people will always take care of the people they try and throw out of the economic distribution systems. That way their control mechanisms won't even work.

So be kind to others, it will be the mechanism that will drag everyone out of tyranny. And this isn't just a hippy idea to be mocked, this is a provable social dynamic that has always kept tyranny in check. That and the notion that a human being at the most fundamental level is free, he can be hunted down but can never be enslaved.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBorg
reply to post by zeeting

You know, I watched Zeitgeist earlier, and was mildly impressed, until the end of the program.

The commentator asks what it is that we can do to prevent the international bankers and money lenders from taking complete control over us, and then answers with 5 points. One of these points is to quit one's job if they are working for one of the multinational corporations.

My problem with this resides in the very real fact that most of us just can't quit our jobs, and go protest. We all need to have money to sustain ourselves. How does the speaker expect us to supply our families with the necessities, if we have no money. No reasonable alternatives were suggested, in my opinion.

While the movie has some very interesting facts in there for consideration, it fails to illustrate what we can REALLY do to stop or prevent those in power from taking anymore freedoms away from us.

I offer that if you did four of the five... Then you will be doing OK. Meanwhile, if you work for one of the corporofascist companies, start looking elsewhere for a job, and should you find one - then quit.

I know jobs are scarce now, but as long as you're looking, you may get lucky. and if we all do what we can whilst still surviving, soon we can eliminate money - and corruption, and moves to drop our population to under 500 million, and patented genmod creppola that is starving us nutritionally, and all the other evils that the love of money brings.

I was amazed to see how closely Zeitgeist Addendum paralleled my vision in my story, written about 2 years ago, called Dark Energy: A Future Historical Retrospective. Although Dark Energy was not specifically mentioned, nor our technological ability to transmute elements (with LOTS of energy), still, the idea of robots (technology) taking over any and all drudge work, combined with the realization that money is unnecessary and that in the future one's richness would be measured in richness of character all were there.

Best of luck to you, Borg.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
eginning of the privatization of the Treasury Department by the global banks has started.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that began in 1913 with the passage of the Federal Reserve Act. The commercial banks here and abroad have been in control of the American economy ever since then.
fixamerica-fredmars.blogspot.com...

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
So how do we make a plea for a bailout? .. (we the people) .. can we do that? .. they got some money.. we want some now.. on a similar loan basis, .. big brother got some money, it's only fair in the family that we get some too! you know we can be really annoying .. and keep asking and asking and asking until you cave, and if you don't .. we'll wait until you're asleep and we'll rob you!

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Yes it will change things.. you're taxes will be higher, your dollar will be worth less and all this to try and provoke a reaction from people like yourselves. All the need now is to push you far enough for a few street riots so they can impose a whole new set of shut up, get to work and dumb yourself down laws.

Enjoy your future... you know you could all just group together and go start an self sufficient ATS cult in the mountains.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
From my study and intuition of the issue of "bail-out" the intense lobbying means those that voted no with the will of the people knew they would be lobbied with a fat check to sell out. With the urgency of the crisis it would be a fat pay off quickly. Check out how much Obama and McCain where paid by the bank lobby. Of course they had to vote for the bail out. From what I read most of the money is going to foreign banks that bought derivative packages and are stuck with bad paper. In my opinion they should have divided the 700 Billion+ by the population ( I heard it would be $70,000 for each person in U.S.A.) so those of us that are sick of it all can bail out of the country, or pay off our mortgagees in arrears or put down a substantial down payment on a property. If they want to help us, let us spend the money. We know what we need and it's not those greedy bastards telling us how they will protect us.
Edgel

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by alphabetaone

My opinion, for what it's worth on THAT would be that we PROBABLY need localized community economy

Yes, I agree. I live not far from a large Amish area, and I think about it, they aren't worried about any of the things that we are talking about. I go past their farms and homesteads, and I see their children playing happily, and working on their family farm. They have their own schools, use horse and buggy to get around, and do barter with each other. Sure, their life is much simpler but much happier in many respects.
Now, is that an option for most of us? Probably not. We couldn't get the land, and many would not give up the 21st century "luxuries".
However, in some ways, you have to admire them. This entire mess is far from their minds.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The anger in these pages, and everywhere on the streets, is raging; but except in a few individual cases not much will be done, and if any change does occur, it’ll happen with those few.

Let’s face it, the machines have us by the short hairs, the tax system is designed to make resistance futile, and while some may escape their fate the rest will remain as farm animals: bred and raised for the benefit of the Farmers.

If the continuous strings of disasters are planned events, as they appear to be to me, the downward sloping trend lines suggest that a precipitous fall just isn’t in the cards

If these are planned events it’s in the Farmers best interest to keep things together indefinitely and bleed their animals by degrees with the understanding that as their life continues to degrade the animals will adapt, and survive.

The proof of this is everywhere but is most obvious in the school system which, for generations now, has encouraged young minds to achieve to the lowest common denominator.

And thus, with each passing generation of lowered expectations there has been no outcry either from the children, or the parents whose expectations were first lowered, as their expectation are met.

For those of us who remember the 50’s and 60’s and the Vietnam War… regardless of which side you were on, we all recognized Patriotism and the American Way of life it was tied too.

Things have gone steadily downhill since then and yet, we see young people today spouting the same Patriotic phrases and also talking about the American Way, but their “love” is for the mess we oldsters recognize around us.

They’ve accepted the status quo, and although recognizably lower than ours so it will be with their children, and their children’s children; and so forth. Not a very pleasant prospect is it?

Allowing denial to get in the way of reality is the wrong path but perhaps encouraging the system to collapse under the weight of its growing incompetence is one Way.

Every day in many ways the germs of destruction can be planted, especially within the organizations and institutions where people gather and where human interaction occurs in support of the machines. Like a computer virus, only human.

Interested in a Brave New World for future generations? Read ‘Atlas Shugged’ by Ayn Rand for the germ idea for each individual that wants to become part of the guerrilla War for humanity.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Actually PE, I just moved AWAY from Lancaster, PA which also has a large amount of Amish influence. I've seen that too.

While they do have SOME conveniences depending on their 'orthodoxicity', like you said they are fairly far removed from these nuances.

We COULD do it, if we put efforts toward it yes, land doesnt have to be TOTALLY controlled (ie., reservations), but I doubt most WOULD not could. I would love to see who amongst us would so willingly give up internet, TV, phones (to a point), radio, etc. I'm not saying "omg radio is sacreligious, as is profanity and *gasp* sex".... No, I mean who among us would willing live off the grid.

A resounding 'me' for one. But, I've always stood alone this should be no different

AB1

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
this is interesting. what will happen next? *Grabs laptop securely* i wonder when they'll decide that little buisnesses that make a bunch of money don't deserve to stay open because their taking to much profit from the 'big buisnesses'. that'll be the next kicker. any way to make their way, the only way.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 02:35 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   
maybe the solution is to make wooden arrows?

uk.youtube.com...

heres some of the sweetners, some of those who will benefit.

wind power, solar power, disaster victims, college students, teachers, NASCAR racetrack owners(must be lots of those), film producers, bicycle commuters, makers of putero rican rum, makers of virgin islands rum, owners of plug-in electric vehicles, investors in american samoa, mine rescuers, worsted wool fabric producers, alaskan fishermen, makers of wooden arrows.

i have no idea if thats all of them or if they just pulled out random ones in that news clip, but i seriously thought it was a joke at first.

some are understandable, but others are puzzling and it seemed to start getting to things your never likely to see.

i was starting to expect to see 'honest politicians' in there to, or 'owners of a flyable orange and red moped with a spotted seat cover and crome wheel trims'.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
The German index DAX already tanked by -4.8% today; decreasing further hour by hour.

This is going to be a mess.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by eradown
Do not run out into the streets; the people who did this want a quick and bloody confrontation with the American people. I have always found that revenge that is slow and methodical usually is more rewarding in the end. Boycott Christmas not the religious or spiritual Christmas. Boycott the Massive pottash Christmas. The Retailers make nothing off the merchadise you buy at garage sales.
[edit on 3-10-2008 by eradown]

You have a great idea; but HOW do we get people to go along with it? If only 50 of us do this we just look like Scrooges. LOL.

I came from the tail-end of the Vietnam generation. I wasn't quite old enough to participate yet, but I remember the evening news often showing young/college-age people massed in the streets protesting the war. I apologize to any vets who were offended by it, but many agree today that the protests were instrumental in ending the war. Where are our protesters NOW? What's wrong with you young people? Not willing to carry a torch for what is right? I have sat back with a mixture of amazement and sadness that our young generation has allowed our government to continue this dastardly illegal war. Now, insult is being added to injury with this unfathomable financial bailout (I really didn't think they'd go through with it).

No chance in hell they would have done something this fanatic if it were designed to help you and me, ya know, joe blow taxpayer. No, it was designed to help the ALREADY WEALTHY -- to make sure they STAY that way.

In the American Revolution, The Sons of Liberty were not politicians or powerful men, they were just average men who had had enough. Are Sons of Liberty a thing we can only read about now? It would appear that way.

www.ushistory.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19    21 >>

join