It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush signs $700 billion financial bailout bill

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Unit541

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION

DONT TREAD ON ME

GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541

Originally posted by mybigunit
reply to post by Oreyeon

Heh I just faxed a copy of the Declaration of Independence also to all my reps!!!

Following suit right now! Also including DD's Jefferson quotes.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION!!!!

I guess you guys feel like you need to do something to vent. You know it's not going to change anything and whatever they receive is just going to get wadded up and tossed into the trash.

Save this anger for election day. I'm telling you guys, that's where it's going to count.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by sos37

Save this anger for election day. I'm telling you guys, that's where it's going to count.

Oh really? And how do you do that when THEY ARE ALL THE SAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No matter who you vote for you get the same damn crap. This government has usurped the people to the max at this point and they do it while laughing.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unit541

reply to post by Oreyeon

Heh I just faxed a copy of the Declaration of Independence also to all my reps!!!

Following suit right now! Also including DD's Jefferson quotes.

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION!!!!

I guess you guys feel like you need to do something to vent. You know it's not going to change anything and whatever they receive is just going to get wadded up and tossed into the trash.

Is it really? Same system. Same lobbies. Same money.

Just a band aid for the larger issue, much like this bill.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Oh THATS where it'll count? Really? Cuz Somewhere along the line I recall an entire congress changing hands over to Democrats from Republican majority and:

Were still in friggin Iraq
We still have no jobs
We still have no PRODUCT
We still have (more and yet even MORE) Whole families living on the streets
Were still in Afghanistan
We are still thinking of doing something to Iran
We NOW have government with TOTAL control of every US Dollar
We still have NO VOICE

Yea, that's where it'll ALL change..... gimme a break

link   

Originally posted by radardog

Originally posted by Dock6
reply to post by eradown

Yes, exactly

They want a US version of Tianamen Square

Don't give it to them

Maybe that's what is needed.

Sometimes it takes a stand to motivate other people.

There will always be martyrs.

en.wikipedia.org...

And you're going to be the first one to step up to the plate to be martyred, right? Didn't think so.

link   
reply to post by mybigunit

THAT'S EXACTLY RIGHT...

VOTING does NOTHING, when all but 2 or 3 of the entire collective gov body ARE BOUGHT AND PAID for! THEY ALL WILL SERVE THE SAME EXACT INTERESTS!!!

And those interests have NOTHING to do with the average struggling american tax-payer.

The voting and electoral system is COMPLETELY compromised and infiltrated.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

reply to post by Unit541

NO TAXATION WITHOUT REPRESENTATION

You keep saying that. It's also written on my license plate.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Too late for that I'm afraid.

GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH

Well, if your looking for liberty from your government then death it shall be.
But before you "off" yourself may I suggest meditation.
Lot's of liberty available within.

Slogans.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

mybigunit,be careful,man the decleration of independence maybe considered a subversive document,right now!!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   

And you're going to be the first one to step up to the plate to be martyred, right? Didn't think so.

Given the opportunity, I would be that guy standing in the path of the tank.

I don't think I would be alone.

Don't project your feelings onto others.

"If we do not hang together, we will all hang separately"

[edit on 3-10-2008 by radardog]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Time for a history lesson: The American Revolution

That seemed to work pretty well.

Violence isn't preferred, but when all other options have been exhausted, it is used as a last resort. I don't know about you, but I sure as hell don't believe I'm being properly represented by our elected "officials". As for voting to make a difference... lol. Maybe a hundred years ago it did.

[edit on 10/3/2008 by Kruel]

link   

Just like it counted in 2000 and 2004? That is exactly why we're fuming, because our will does not count. If it counted, this bill would have failed more miserably than the first.

I understand what you're saying, and will be "culling the crap" as you put it, locally, as you suggested. After all, I must practice what I preach, but additionally, we have got to convey our outrage. These politicians have to be made aware that some of the people in this country are not as asleep at the wheel as they'd like to think we are. Some of us are paying attention. Some of us see what is happening.

In the end, I do have faith in the American people. It may take decades longer for the masses to wake up, but sooner or later, we will wake up. And when we do, we're going to be more than a little grumpy.

I guess there's only one thing left to do... to my government I say this: I DARE you to come for our guns.

link   
what happened to "No taxation without representation!"

It seems the people have spoken. our representatives ignored us and went ahead with this anyway.

I'm furious that we went to such an effort to tell our representatives in congress to vote this bill down and suceeded, only to have the same bill resurface only a couple days later 400 pages longer, and get passed. I'm telling people we need to bring back an old french tradition of putting disobedient politicians in the guillotine for swift decisive punishment.

I wanted Ron Paul to be president, I listen to what he says as bieng sound logical advice. He says this bailout is a big mistake. I believe him. People keep telling me a vote for anyone but obama or mccain will be throwing away my vote. This is how our system works. Its all BS. I wish I could enter a -1 vote for mccain rather than a +1 vote for anyone. If we were able to vote against people instead of just for people I think it would improve the chances of a third party candidate.

In this past month alone, my hours at work have been cut and I lost my home of 2 years because my landlord can't get a loan. I make 12k a year. I have never ever gotten a vacation or a raise. I have never been able to have medical or dental insurance. Things are looking pretty grim for me. Im not gonna lay down and wither away. My favorite movie of all time is Fight Club and theres a line. "It's only after you've lost everything, that your free to do anything."

If you have no car and no home and no insurance and no money and no food then maybe its time to start your own revolution. Nobody else is gonna do it for you. Lets embrace anarchy. If not now then when? Whats stopping you? I know I'm running out of reasons to remain civil in a fubar society.

link   
reply to post by radardog

Id be right there with you dog.

AB1

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone
reply to post by sos37

Oh THATS where it'll count? Really? Cuz Somewhere along the line I recall an entire congress changing hands over to Democrats from Republican majority and:

Were still in friggin Iraq
We still have no jobs
We still have no PRODUCT
We still have (more and yet even MORE) Whole families living on the streets
Were still in Afghanistan
We are still thinking of doing something to Iran
We NOW have government with TOTAL control of every US Dollar
We still have NO VOICE

Yea, that's where it'll ALL change..... gimme a break

You vote ALL the people out who voted Yes to the bill. Didn't I say that earlier? That means the ones who consistently voted NAY get to stay in Congress because they get it. That means Congress is then filled with freshmen politicians when the changeover happens. Those freshmen politicians can then be influenced by the RIGHT people, the people we believe we can trust (well, basing that on their vote on the bailout bill, which isn't that many of them).

Seriously, doesn't this make any sense to you guys? What else can we do besides completely change out the government other than have no government at all. Even Ron Paul admits that you have to have SOME kind of governing body.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by sos37]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Kruel

Kruel, i think that poster meant NON-violence will never work and never has.

AB1

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sos37

Certainly it makes sense.... but ummmmm you tell ME sos, which one of those who would be readily available that isn't self-serving?? Cmon, I dare you to name just ONE, in each state.... I'll give you a week, get back to me

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Ron Paul comes to mind...

link   

Originally posted by alphabetaone
reply to post by sos37

Certainly it makes sense.... but ummmmm you tell ME sos, which one of those who would be readily available that isn't self-serving?? Cmon, I dare you to name just ONE, in each state.... I'll give you a week, get back to me

Wait, one of those what ... one of those who voted "nay"? Or one of the "freshmen" politicians?

link   

Seriously, doesn't this make any sense to you guys?

It makes perfect sense. The problem is that the people have lost faith in the concept that our votes determine the outcome of an election. In fact, the '00 and '04 presidential races, in which the candidate who received the majority of the popular vote lost the election, illustrates this point quite eloquently.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join