It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brown Loses the Plot - Mandleson back in the cabinet??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I'm starting to wonder if Gordon Brown has some kind of secret mandate to make the Labour party completely unelectable at the next General Election.

"Proud" Mandleson back in Government

Peter Mandelson has said he is surprised but "proud" that Gordon Brown has drafted him back into the cabinet as business secretary.

The EU trade commissioner was twice forced to resign from Tony Blair's cabinet - speaking in Downing Street he joked it was "third time lucky".

Its an extraordinary move. Wonder how long he'll last this time?

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

[edit on 3/1008/08 by neformore]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I've been too cheesed off to post about this before - I really was angry that this slimey little weasel has somehow wormed his way back in.

Wonder how long it'll be this time.

First time he lasted less than 5 months before some of his "creative accounting" came to light - something that would have got the rest of us locked up.

Second time, a little over 10 months after being fired, he lasted just over a year before being caught lying about the Hinduja brothers and the passport scandal.

Then his brazilian lover got their visa application fast tracked.

Then there have been the EU trade scandals since he was appointed an EU commisioner and other unsavoury incidents.

The return of the prince of darkness?

Labour hypocrisy knows no limits.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Welcome back to the prince of darkness!

The thing i find funny about the coverage of this story is that hacks are referring to Mandleson as a ‘polarising figure’... which suggests that there are a few people out there who actually like the guy.

I think its amazing that this one man can unite both labours left wing and the country’s right wing press together in utter revulsion. That is quite an achievement. I think its made politics about twice as interesting as it was before.

I suspect that GB is taking the initiative by keeping his enemies closer than his friends, castrating the blairites by welding their two camps together, either they now co-operate or they both take the heat and go down.

As for how long Mandleson lasts – the press are going to be all over him like a cheap suit, one slip and hes gone, so il give it 6 months.

posted on Oct, 27 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
There seems to be something more to Mandleson coming back in to the Government.

What does Brown gain by having Mandleson in the Government. It seems nothing good and there is already scandle.

Was there a deal done with Blair or does Mandleson have something that gives him this kind of power?

top topics

join