It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earliest reference describes Christ as 'magician'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Earliest reference describes Christ as 'magician'

www.msnbc.msn.com

A bowl, dating to between the late 2nd century B.C. and the early 1st century A.D., is engraved with what may be the world's first known reference to Christ. The engraving reads, "DIA CHRSTOU O GOISTAIS," which has been interpreted to mean either, "by Christ the magician" or, "the magician by Christ."
View related photos
(visit the link for the full news article)

====
Mod Edit: Completed title to match source

[edit on 3/10/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
iv discussed the theory that jesus and many other holy men such as saints were mearly people who studied occult or metaphysical teachings with friends and my wife before. it seems now theres more validity to that argument. iv thought about this off and on for a few years and it seems like a viable theory. what do you all think ?

(keep it civil and remember the t&c)

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
After reading the article, it sounds as though this bowl belonged to someone who invoked the name of Christ, as way of practicning divination, much the same way Simon the magician did in the book of Acts. If you remember, he offered to "buy" the secrets of the apostles.

That being said, I have to say that I waffle from one day to the next, thinking that Jesus was just what he said he was. Other days, I think he was an adept, born with gifts, that grew as he studied.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by krill

Well Jesus shoulda thanked god the christsians didnt find out he was a magician, or he could have been burned at the stake

Will christian schools now dump the bible along with the "Goblet Of Fire" because of the magicians bowl?

Obviously Satan his this bowl centuries ago in order for iot to be found now in order to confuse the faithful

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:57 PM
link   
FYI there's another thread here on this subject.

(ATS T&C allows one other thread elsewhere in addition to the Breaking News forums.)

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope this helps,

-Badge01
Forum Moderator

top topics

join