It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Pledges to Join U.S., EU to Battle Somali Pirate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Russia Pledges to Join U.S., EU to Battle Somali Pirate

www.foxnews.com

MOGADISHU, Somalia — Russia will work with U.S. and E.U. to battle pirates holding a hijacked ship off the coast of Somalia, the Russian Foreign Minister said Friday.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This is going to be interesting. A rare moment of cooperation between these powers despite all the tension lately. Seems like there could bemore to this than we know. I just dont see this getting this much attention if something bigger werent going on. im thinking there is something on this ship that the US and Russia do NOT want falling into someone else's hands.

www.foxnews.com

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Or maybe just a geasture from the russians saying "Hey guys c'mon , we can be freinds again"
I think its a good thing imo

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Something is definitely up here. Think about it like this, if you do anything resembling what the gov thinks as "terrorism", you go to jail, no questions asked. Now it dosent take a genius to see the pirates losing hair,burns and getting sick. All 3 of those point to radiation and they could not just sink the ship if it has a warhead on board.

Anyways, I stink at typing, hope you all can get what I'm trying to say.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Snift

Wasn't the story of the pirates getting sick debunked? thought i read that in a thread somewhere.. heard briefly some official was arrested for falsifying claims regarding the ship?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kidney thief
reply to post by Snift

Wasn't the story of the pirates getting sick debunked? thought i read that in a thread somewhere.. heard briefly some official was arrested for falsifying claims regarding the ship?

You're talking about this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by friendforafoe

Kenyan maritime spokesman arrested over alleged connection with Somali pirates

www.apanews.net

APA-Nairobi (Kenya) The spokesman of the Kenya Seafarers Assistance programme, Andrew Mwangura, who broke the news about the Ukrainian ship hijacked by Somali pirates believed to be carrying military equipments, has been arrested by Kenya police on suspicion of having links with the buccaneers that are demanding a ransom of US$30 million for the release of the ship.

Local media reports confirmed on Thursday that the police arrested Mwangura on Wednesday night for allegedly issuing alarmist statements to the media over the hijacked ship, and the police are of the believe that he has connections with the pirates.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Its all wierd...why does russia, all of a sudden want to unite with its long time enemies...what IS on board and do the Russians want to make sure that no-one finds out..

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Maybe I'm just becoming way too paranoid,but I just thought of something.
Bear with me and my over active imagination for a minute.

We've all heard of the FEMA camps and the supposed coffins in Georgia.Some of our military is back in our country and there are supposed to be UN troops here as well.Our economy is going to hell now.

What if this has all been orchestrated to set up WWIII on our shores?Think about it.The camps are not to imprison us,but are either camps for survivors or prisons for foreign soldiers.The government has set this stuff up ahead of time because they know they won't be able to once our economy is trashed.They have let us rant and rave about Marshal Law,concentration camps,etc. because it is far from the truth.

The Georgia/Russia thing,then Russia hooking up with Venezuela,now Russia and US ships awfully close to one another.I hope all goes smoothly,but what if one of the ships "accidentally" does something to the wrong ship?
Yeah,I'm pretty paranoid right now.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:15 PM
link   
No...ummm...the Russians and the US and the UK are actually COORDINATING this effort together. This is not some military exercise being held in close proximity to each others forces that may fire a "stray bullet". I think you are missing the point. This is about cooperation...if they wanted to "start something" this isnt the venue.

Originally posted by enlightenedbeginning
Maybe I'm just becoming way too paranoid,but I just thought of something.
Bear with me and my over active imagination for a minute.

We've all heard of the FEMA camps and the supposed coffins in Georgia.Some of our military is back in our country and there are supposed to be UN troops here as well.Our economy is going to hell now.

What if this has all been orchestrated to set up WWIII on our shores?Think about it.The camps are not to imprison us,but are either camps for survivors or prisons for foreign soldiers.The government has set this stuff up ahead of time because they know they won't be able to once our economy is trashed.They have let us rant and rave about Marshal Law,concentration camps,etc. because it is far from the truth.

The Georgia/Russia thing,then Russia hooking up with Venezuela,now Russia and US ships awfully close to one another.I hope all goes smoothly,but what if one of the ships "accidentally" does something to the wrong ship?
Yeah,I'm pretty paranoid right now.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I'd personally love for the Americans to bury the hatchet with the Russians, and just be nice to each other for a change. I don't even know what the Russians are doing that is so wrong to the Americans.

Seems a case similar to the Scottish-English thing - "Bloody English bastards!" "Why??" "They just are!"

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   
The 33 T86 tanks were one thing. But there seems to be a strange brew on board that ship as well.
No one wants it falling into the wrong hands.
And if they think we are paying 11 million for it. The sight of russian, and american destroyers will send them running into the bush.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I said I'm a little paranoid today lol. I know they're coordinating,which I do think is fantastic and hope all turns out great.
I've probably been reading too many conspiracy forums for my own good the past few days

Time to take a step back and maybe watch some main stream TV for a bit to remind myself that everything is just fine and not everything that happens in this world is a sinister plot to destroy us hehehe

top topics

join