It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deleted thread.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I posted a thread called "wet brain anyone" in the Aliens & UFO forum, and it was deleted.

From what I read, I didn't go against any policies that are had here.

It wasn't offensive, it was in the right forum, it had no links, the was nothing copyrighted, etc......

I find TheBandit795's actions very puzzling.

Could the powers that be look into this? Or maybe Bandit can explain why it was deleted.

I u2u'd him, but it seemed to be ignored.

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by AnonymousPoster4]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
what was this "wet brain" thingie about, anyway? what kind of things did you write about? maybe the mod was in a bad mood? (i hate when that happens...)

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I thought the thread was vague and didn't have a point. But I left it. After another mod wanted to trash it also I decided to do it myself.

I can move it to BTS, or move it back, if you like but explain to me what the point of the thread is first.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
How do you know that he removed the thread? I'm sure TheBandit795 will provide an explanation.

Edited: See. He beat me to it.

[Edited on 3/24/2004 by Bangin]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The thread did not really have much to do with aliens/ufo's

And there was no real base to the discussion

Maybe if some research was done on this kind of subject
there would have been more of a base,

It looks more of a chit chat thread to me,

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
one mans chit chat is another mans debate. Not a very good welcome to this guy if you ask me. I didn't get to read the thread but maybe he posted all the info he had in the hopes that he could get some more info or some insight from us here.

Is this how we are greeting new readers and members? Deleting their messages without warning or explanation? Seems bad form to me. Again, I didn't get a chance to read the message but I'd think I would have liked the chance.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The thread in question did not make sense to me either. If TheBandit hadn't been so quick on the draw, I would've dealt with the thread as well. We all make ATS and each of us has an important part in shaping it. A moderators responsibility is to moderate. We all respect that, as we keep on coming back again and again to ATS.

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by ktprktpr]

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:54 AM
link   
i read it and I didn't think it had anything to do with aliens and ufos.

He spoke about waking up with the feeling of having a wet brain...like a sponge soaked.

no conspiracy...like so many like to complain about
and no direct connections to aliens or ufos

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Well as the Bandit has said he will move it back..

But the responses on the thread were also more chit chat, nothing against the member at all...

I always help out new members and help steer them in the right direction, The bandit made judgement call as the thread was not really going anywhere,

The thread really just asked a question about your head feeling heavy when you wake up..

It was taken down ...and as the member is asking for it to be put back.. we will do this once bandit and the member has had a chat about where this subject should be put.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   
See, I thought it clearly shown a connection to abduction......hence me putting it where I did.

But if no one else saw the connection without me spelling it out, it's fine. I'll deal with it.

I was however asked if I was refering to an abduction possibility, but I never had a chance to reply cause it was deleted.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Thats cool..if you were going somewhere with in just let TheBandit know. and im sure he will sort it out for you.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   
He didn't even get a chance to make that point. I'm glad to see it will be reinstated....too me if someone posts a thread discussing how his brain feels wet and spongy in an alien/ufo forum...I might relate that to side effects of abduction. but since the thread was surpressed before it even got a chance to get going...well here we are.

Maybe some type of policy should be instated to keep possible valid threads from being deleted because someone might have the perception that it has no point, and in fact be wrong.

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Not a bad idea..but the fact is we get loads of threads and we have to mod them for there content
We have many people asking us to rid the site of silly threads so they can get to the real stuff of meaning.

So as you can imagin its a hard thing to call alot of the time.

We try and be swift to remove the thread that seem to have no purpose. As to make ATS an informative place.

Sometimes these things happen in the prossess.
but with comuncation with the author's of the threads
we can sort it all out...

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Garon I think the onus is on the poster to write a post that immediatly sets out what it is there for.

Mods have enough to do without holding peoples hands when they make posts. I am sure if he had stated why it was in that section in the first place it would not have been deleted. As far as I can see the mods all did their job in the situation. Its not an issue worth getting upset over, just a learning experience.

Originally posted by Garon
He didn't even get a chance to make that point. I'm glad to see it will be reinstated....too me if someone posts a thread discussing how his brain feels wet and spongy in an alien/ufo forum...I might relate that to side effects of abduction. but since the thread was surpressed before it even got a chance to get going...well here we are.

Maybe some type of policy should be instated to keep possible valid threads from being deleted because someone might have the perception that it has no point, and in fact be wrong.

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I read Anonymousposter4 thread saw well it was kinda confusing i tried to see if i could make out what he was saying but couldnt.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garon
one mans chit chat is another mans debate. Not a very good welcome to this guy if you ask me. I didn't get to read the thread but maybe he posted all the info he had in the hopes that he could get some more info or some insight from us here.

Is this how we are greeting new readers and members? Deleting their messages without warning or explanation? Seems bad form to me. Again, I didn't get a chance to read the message but I'd think I would have liked the chance.

Well aren't you something...

You admit you did not read the thread but you are more than prepared to criticize moderation.

WHATEVER! In a big fat non-valuation kind of way.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk
I read Anonymousposter4 thread saw well it was kinda confusing i tried to see if i could make out what he was saying but couldnt.

Well let's see,

Perhaps you were falling down drunk
and that is why you couldn't make sense out of it. Your brain was wet with booze

Your Old Friend,

TUT

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tututkamen

Originally posted by drunk

Well let's see,

Perhaps you were falling down drunk
and that is why you couldn't make sense out of it. Your brain was wet with booze

Your Old Friend,

TUT

Yeah whatever i wasnt the only 1 who couldnt make sense of what he was saying.

Thats why another mod trashed it, cos noone knew what he was saying.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I put it into chit chat.

Go and be amazed by the sheer quality of the thread. Bask in its enlightenment.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I see no chit chat forum, and there was no search esults for my thread.

But hey, thanks for treating my topic with no respect Kano.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join