It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building the Great Pyramid in Just 346 Days

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Hello ATS Friends,

Is it possible that the Ancient Egyptians could have constructed the Great Pyramid in less than 1 year? Well, at least one engineer seems to think so:

www.algora.com...

Regards,

Scott Creighton

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Interesting.

Whilst I think we give the Ancients far too little credit, I've never been bothered by the 20+ years orthadox view. In some ways, I'd find it far more interesting to think that the Pyramids (and other Megalithic monuments such as Stonehenge) were built over the course of generations because it elevates the importance of said structures. If a worker knew that they wouldn't live to see the Pyramid they were helping to construct finished, it says an awful lot about their perceptions of life, death, existence and spirit. Essentially, it establishes a wholly non-materialistic connection with the monuments.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
While I haven't (yet) read Gerard C. A. Fonte's book. I'm not shutting the door on the possibility, I'm open to anything. I'd absolutely love to see these "artifacts" that were purportedly ignored however. I definately believe as humans we have suffered many technological setbacks. And that we cut short the advances and knowledge (both metaphysically and physically) that ancient civilizations attained.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Scott Creighton

Hi Scott.
I'm only a year late with this but I just saw it today. For the record, I built replicas of one ancient Egyptian tool (called "quarter-circles" or "rockers") and was able to move a 2-ton block over 15 feet in under 10 seconds---from a stationary start. I was 52 years old and 135 pounds at the time (it was witnessed by the press and a video is available). Another tool is dubbed a "Mystery tool" by Dr. Mark Lehner (the formost archaeological expert in pyramid construction). A forensic analysis shows that it is the key piece of a special type of lever that allows three men to lift a pyramid block a full course (level) in 3 minutes.
While it is theoretically possible to build the great pyramid in under a year in terms of man-hours. A more practical time line, that matches the evidence at Giza, is that about 4000 workers took about 4 to 6 years at a fairly leisurly pace.
Archaeologists are not engineers and are not able to fully appreciate the tools that they have uncovered. As an engineer I was faithful to the evidence and let my investigation folow the clues left behind. My book is extremely detailed and provides a step-by-step process by which the Great Pyramid could have been built. I know of no other book that provides this level of detail and is based on archaeological evidence.
By the way, I've received the "Outstanding Engineering Merit Award" for this work and have published, and am in the process of publishing, peer-reviewed, academic papers.
It is nice to see some discussion on the subject. And, everyone has an opinion on how the Great Pyramid was built. However, useful scientific conversation needs to be based upon evidence and logic. Unlike politics, public opinion has little credibility in science and engineering.
Thank you for this opportunity to clarify my position.

Warmest regards,

Gerard. C. A. Fonte

posted on Feb, 19 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I put up a thread at ancient and lost civilizations on a pyramid that was put up in just 330 days

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I would like to know how long it took to quarry and cut a single casing stone. Egyptology has been around for a long time and they have not shown how long it would take to just quarry and cut a single casing stone. I think that Egyptology could not do it in 100 years!

Steven Myers

top topics

join