It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The moast horrific hoax i have EVER seen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Now this is a hoax i discoverd today and before reading ahead and contributing to disccussion please browse through this website.
www.genpets.com...

This site claims to have biologically engineerd sentient beings and are ready to sell them on mass production, IN TOY STORES STACKD ON SHELFS!

I know this is blatantly not real but is this not an insight into the horrific possibilities the future holds???

I look forward to your replys

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Skunkworks....3.....2.....1

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
What makes you think it would only be possible in the future when right now they can genetically make stuff today...perhaps even these genpets?.

Not everything is 50 or 100 years away.

Actually I think its pretty cool. Having a custom made pet would be awsome!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Looks to me to be a "disinfo" site produced by those against genetic research.

is this not an insight into the horrific possibilities the future holds

Looks like they got you hooked.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
That's wild!

A little 'Frankenpet' - but still pretty cool. The future is now!
My wife would have a stroke if I ever brought that home though.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
I think its funny and cool, but no way is it real. This hoaxing is a form of advertising, the name of which escapes me at the moment.

link   
More informations here.
Genpets explanation site by artist here.

link   
reply to post by dhunter

LOL..beats the old kid trick of sticking a mouse in a girl's face eh?!!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:03 PM
link   
... the scarier thing is - if there WERE indeed REAL... they would not be able to keep them on the shelves. Then - just as the cat/dog population - people would just dump them off when they are tired of 'caring' for them and there would be a World full of Genpets digging in your garbage in the night.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Thank you Internos. Reliable as always.
en.wikipedia.org...

Genpets are a mixed media installation art piece by artist Adam Brandejs.[1] It is considered a hoax of exposure. The project has been shown in multiple galleries in Canada and Europe and has garnered some attention in the mass media.

====
Mod edit: Link added, quote trimmed.

[edit on 3/10/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by dhunter
... the scarier thing is - if there WERE indeed REAL... they would not be able to keep them on the shelves. Then - just as the cat/dog population - people would just dump them off when they are tired of 'caring' for them and there would be a World full of Genpets digging in your garbage in the night.

That is true. However if these were real and made to only have a certian length of life span, and be cheap to replace, then it wouldnt be so bad.

Maybe they should create something like the tribbles from Star Trek...the ones that only get fat and not have a bunch of hungry little tribbles!!

Cheers!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Maybe they should create something like the tribbles from Star Trek...the ones that only get fat and not have a bunch of hungry little tribbles!!

Cheers!!!!

... Yes - like Tribbles! Now there is a big seller if I ever saw one! The space equivalent of the 'Pet Rock'!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by dhunter

Nope.

1) They need a special nutrient solution to stay alive, so they wouldn't survive long on "garbage."
2) They don't move around much ... they don't run or even walk as far as I could tell
3) They can't reproduce

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heike
reply to post by dhunter

Nope.

1) They need a special nutrient solution to stay alive, so they wouldn't survive long on "garbage."
2) They don't move around much ... they don't run or even walk as far as I could tell
3) They can't reproduce

Okay... I take that back - they would not be running around the World digging in my garbage.

... So they are pretty much disposable due to their short (but oh so boring) lifespan.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I'm holding out for the devolved chicken ,the one that looks like a dinosaur,it's my dream

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I've downloaded the resellers manual and read it. Now I know how to setup a store display for them. I've also taken the liberty of alerting two of my friends to the website. I think they are going to love it. They've put a lot of work into it. It's too bad that I can't access the forum. You need a serial number from your Genpet to access it. Bummer. Hmm, I wonder if they need any volunteers to setup posts in their mock forum? Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
read "Jerry was a man" by Robert Hienlien

new topics

top topics

join