It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy, 7, goes on animal killing spree in Australian zoo

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
www.cbc.ca...

The boy, whose identity cannot be revealed, jumped the zoo's security fence before bludgeoning three lizards to death with a rock, including the zoo's much-loved 20-year-old goanna, which he then fed to "Terry," an 11-foot, 440-pound saltwater crocodile, said Neindorf.

The boy also threw several live animals into the crocodile's enclosure, and at one point tried to clamber over the fence surrounding the enclosure in an effort to get closer to the crocodile.

"It was like he was playing a game."

Wow. I have no words. I just thought this needed to be shared.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

What a little
!!!

I hope he gets his butt whooped and is held responsible. That is simply disturbing.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I was just reading that on the news. Very strange. The child must have been pretty brave or out of his mind and without conscience - 7 years old??

I would be interested to hear the follow-up on this one - sounds like the parents might want to get a little involved here.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I hope his parents are held accountable. I seriously doubt they were all that surprised by his behavior. If he can't behave or be controlled, he shouldn't be in public.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I hear that his family is influential in the area. Powerful? The older brother also did some messed up stuff some years ago and got away with it.

Sounds like a rich corrupt family with spoiled kids who get away with what ever they want.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Wow! How Jeffery Dahmer of him! I hope his parents are seeking some serious psychiatric help for him.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
He is one sick little puppy.

He needs professional help right now.

Otherwise in ten years he'll be the one of the years new serial killers.

Get him help!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Littlemiss
Wow! How Jeffery Dahmer of him! I hope his parents are seeking some serious psychiatric help for him.

... On that note: Do you think that this child's (or anyone's) behavior is an environmentalor just a mental issue?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   
There's a thread on this already:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here's my views from that thread:

They should tattoo this little bastard green and keep him in a vivarium as an attraction himself. Make his parents pay towards replacing these animals - although, obviously, the poor animals themselves can never be really replaced - until he's old enough to earn a wage and he can contribute towards a fine himself.

This little twisted freak was on a 30 minute murder spree? What kind of parents let their 7-year-old child out of their sight for 30 minutes? I know from personal experience that kids can get out of hand and run-off but for 30 minutes? The parents have some culpability in this and so deserve to be sued.

If the kid has behavioural problems as severe as this, I don't think he should be at home anyway; I think he should be in some kind of care.

Ugh.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Well good for him! He probably had some moral objection to the caging of animals, and now they're free, how nice. It's important at a young age to get kids to express themselves and he sure got his point across! Good thing he didn't throw any kids in there though, that would have gone a bit too far..

In any case, it sounds like he would be a good candidate for the US military.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by ghaleon12]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Didn't anyone see him!?

If so, why did nobody stop him??

If I saw him I would stop easily, I wouldn't care about not being allowed to go over the fence, I would chase him down.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Maybe he was fighting off one of those reptilian-Earth-invasions. Him and his trusted renegade crocodile just saved the planet and all you guys do is bash them.
On less serious note - weird coincidence.Yesterday i was taking a bus and set near several girls. And they discussed how one of them tried to understand why chameleon changes colors. Naturally when she was younger. So the very graphic description that included several body parts of poor animal really influenced me and couple of other adults sitting near. You could see that people were not feeling easy listening about small brain and other parts. But the girls went on - no "yach" (or local analog "ihs") in the dialog. My opinion - kids have very little empathy. I personally knew kid in my youth that used to inflate poor frogs and then throw them. It did not hurt his popularity as far as i recall. So it is all matter of education. This lizard/turtles destroyer must be punished and lectured. His parents should get nice fine. But to extrapolate that he will be mass murderer or that he should be tatooed... Exaggerations are no good too.
Edit - grammar was bad. Even worse then now.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by ZeroKnowledge]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Wow nobody reacted the way I thought they would.
When I read this i immediately felt it was strange as hell and that something had to have made the kid do this.. like I just can't imagine how the thought of something like this would enter your head at 7 as something to do... think back to when you were 7... why would you be hurting animals? Let alone jupming a fence into a zoo.. i'd be scared as # of an alligator at 7.. cmon guys am I the only one that sees it like this? lol... at 7 werent we playing with lego and playing hide-and-go-seek?

[edit on 3-10-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

[edit on 3-10-2008 by MurrayTORONTO]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurrayTORONTO
.. like I just can't imagine how the thought of something like this would enter your head at 7 as something acceptable to do... think back to when you were 7... why would you be hurting animals? Let alone jupming a fence into a zoo.. i'd be scared as # of an alligator at 7.. cmon guys am I the only one that sees it like this? lol...

I have an 8 yr old boy. And I have been around him and his friends many times. I don't notice the behavior in my child - but some of the other kids are really aggressive and do not appear to have a conscience about 'living' things. I am not sure where they get so 'cold' - tv, video games, home situation, etc. But I do/have witnessed some very mean things being discussed or done by these kids - and I am pretty sure that they do not realize how dangerous or bad some of it is. Example: (literally) swinging the neighbors cat around by the tail; whacking toads with aluminum bats...

So it's anybody's guess where this comes from?
As I asked earlier - Environmental or mental?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity and not trying to stereotype anyone. Why does it seem that recently there have been more and more reports of young adults and children from Australia beating and killing animals? I mean is it the society they live in or something else. As I have meet only a hand full of Aussies I don't have a lot of experience with there culture. On the other hand the ones I have meet were all "hippies" and these things just don't fit my image of an Aussie. To bad the boy didn't get closer to the croc

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
Well good for him! He probably had some moral objection to the caging of animals, and now they're free, how nice. It's important at a young age to get kids to express themselves and he sure got his point across! Good thing he didn't throw any kids in there though, that would have gone a bit too far..

In any case, it sounds like he would be a good candidate for the US military.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by ghaleon12]

Wow. Simply Wow. I really hope you our were kidding.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by dhunter
I was just reading that on the news. Very strange. The child must have been pretty brave or out of his mind and without conscience - 7 years old??

I would be interested to hear the follow-up on this one - sounds like the parents might want to get a little involved here.

If the lizard is in the croc, where are the parents?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Kids learn how to behave primarily from the way they see their parents act. Sounds to me like this kid's folks have some explaining to do.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MurrayTORONTO

The first thought that comes to mind is what kind of adult is this kid going to become?

Strange and sad.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join