It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official Rescue bill hearing thread

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I'm watching it now on CSPAN, many of the representatives are basically saying "I know most people are against it but we need to vote for it even if we don't come back the next time."

It's a done deal I would guess.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Bravo Mr. LaTourette.
He said it best, they're fear mongering and using unfounded numbers.

Bravo.

Marcy Kaptur rocked hard...

I do hope some of you are watching this.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Mr Headshot]

Ron pauls turn

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Mr Headshot]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Who are they afraid of? Why can they not listen to the people?
What do they know that we don't know.
Where is the accountability?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
They are killing me here, they keep talking about new lost jobs. Well, HELLO!!! does anyone even remember that hurricane Ike did serious damage to Galveston and Houston (which has a HUGE population) OF COURSE there are lost jobs, also lost from Gustav.

It isn't the "credit crisis" that has created lost jobs, it's natural disasters

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I love the Brits that I have met here in America. Sadly, I have never been able to visit. But it seems that Britian is facing the same thing we are in this country, rising crime and an indifferent government. But you seem to be facing something else, somehting I find frightening. I fear you are being overrun with radical muslims, who are hell bent on dystroying your country.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
What?? Muslims?

This is going to pass. They are acting like like irrational teenage kids.
"Well, I know this isn't the best choice but I'm afraid if we don't do this it's all over because there are no other choices."

No other choices??

LOL in god we trust, I love when representatives quote Crowley.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
edit: misread your post (to above poster), you were referring to the UK? my bad. I'm a tad cranky this morning.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by Chiiru]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Well, it's pretty much over. 137 64.

Yea's are going to have it.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Sold down the river AGAIN. GW is going out in STYLE!!! or IS he going out at all?

This vote sickens me beyond belief. I wonder how many people actually called their reps and said no. I guess, once again, we'll never know the real truth.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I emailed three of mine =/

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:29 PM
link   
263 - 171

100+ of a difference in the favour of the Yea.

What changed these guys minds so quickly in the presence of so much pressure over the past week?

Bonuses will be rife this week for the big boys on wall street - main street will still feel the pinch though!

Nothing changes.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:31 PM
link   
What a mess. Should wake a lot of people up that the congress is not for the people, but for special interests. Thats what all that pork was.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Do we get ta shoot em now?? Huh huh....do we do we???????

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThatDGgirl
Do we get ta shoot em now?? Huh huh....do we do we???????

No, because now that they have got you're money and security they will next come for your guns - if they can pull $700billion out of their ass, they can do anything!!

Just my opinion (psst. aim high)

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
This is so infuriating.
I'll copy and paste this from something I just wrote to a friend.

Many representatives knowingly voted against the opinions of the majority of their constituency by reasoning that "this is for the good of the people," apparently we don't know what we want and we're too dumb to make our own decisions. In many cases I would agree, but this is just infuriating. Last night the house of representatives home page was nearly shut down because of the amount of e-mail and traffic being processed. Our opinion should have been heard. Very few representatives actually reflected the views of the district.

Ron Paul
Marcy Kaptur
Steve LaTourette
and another from Texas whose name I didn't catch.

They held the torch, they were shut down. They should be reelected.

Good mother f'ing game democracy.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
It is a rare occurance when elected representatives actually do what their constituants want them to do.

But when these elected representatives are part of the grand sceme to further enrich their pockets with OUR money, they are like the three apes who see no evil, speak no evil, hear no evil.....yet they ARE the evil.

Cheers!!!!

top topics

join