It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good job everyone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Last night I e-mailed two of my state representatives. I went the HOR hompage to get their addresses and I saw this notification

Due to an unusually high amount of emails currently being submitted through the Write Your Representative feature (above), you may experience a slow response or error message when attempting to send emails through this system during hours of peak demand. We apologize for this inconvenience. Our technicians are working to fix the problem. Thank you.

Just wanted to say great work to everyone, I know it wasn't only us but wow. We almost broke the server.

That made me so happy.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

Lets make today the BIG PUSH...I called my rep and left a message that I would see to it, if he voted yes, that I would make it my mission that they would never hold a public office again. Not even so much head of PTA.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I haven't threatened anyone with voting out, I'm still not registered (damn I'm lazy) but I have voiced my opinion in a pretty well articulated manner to many people in my states higher ups. I even sent out a thank you to senator inhofe for voting no on wednesday.

lets keep it up and push harder.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I emailed my representative today, threatening the same thing. I intend to actively campaign against EVERYBODY who voted yes for this abomination. We have to let these criminals know that we have had enough.
Heck, my wife is even trying to talk me into runnig for local office.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
So many of these Representatives are in the debate saying this will save people's homes, mortgages, credit etc.

DO you think they will apologize when they find out they have been fooled, lied to and they passed those lies on to their constituents?

OR will they justify their malfeasance by saying, I didn't know. Even though right now they are debating like they DO KNOW, better than we do

And heck, many of us have actually READ the bill, they are only going on what they are told and promised by other lying politicians.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by redhatty

So many of these Representatives are in the debate saying this will save people's homes, mortgages, credit etc.

DO you think they will apologize when they find out they have been fooled, lied to and they passed those lies on to their constituents?

I think you already know the answer to that. Politicians NEVER apologize. They merely point the blame at someone else.
It is easy to see who the true patriots are in Congress. They are the people who voted NO to this treasonous bill.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

when . . . when . . . WHEN
they find out . . .

Sorry bub. They already know, just as they know that despite mortgaging yet more of the future, this ain't gonna fix doodly and the economic system as designed by the really friggin' rich and built block by block by your goverenment officials to encase the rich bastard's wealth will collapse shortly after the next election leaving them with several more years of guaranteed paycheques and a golden parachute of a pension while you and I chase feral cats down the street just to put food on the table.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by GoalPoster]

[edit on 3-10-2008 by GoalPoster]

top topics

join