It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Rumors about a bank holiday-More fear tactics from NWO?

page: 1/

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
The number of posts and threads that are dealing with the hoax, yes hoax, concerning the Bank of America and an alleged letter concerning closing the banks, indicate FEAR in many posters minds.

This is EXACTLY what the Administration, Paulson, and the Congressional Leaders WANT- they want you so FEARFUL of a financial disaster that you'll agree to this TREASONOUS bailout Wall Street bill.

Let's look at the facts:
Hal Turner placed this hoax on his website:
halturnershow.blogspot.com...

Hal Turner is most probably an FBI informant:
www.splcenter.org...

Hal Turner is one serious extremist. He may also be on the FBI payroll.Hal Turner is one serious extremist. He may also be on the FBI payroll.

On Jan. 1, unidentified hackers electronically confronted Turner in the forum of his website for "The Hal Turner Show." After a heated exchange, they told Turner that they had successfully hacked into his E-mails and found correspondence with an FBI agent who is apparently Turner's handler. Then they posted an alleged July 7 E-mail to the agent in which Turner transmits a death threat sent in to his site that targeted Sen. Russ Feingold (D-Wisc.). "Once again," Turner writes his FBI handler, "my fierce rhetoric has served to flush out a possible crazy." In what is allegedly a portion of another of his E-mails, Turner discusses the money he is paid.

On Jan. 10, as the E-mail exchange was heatedly discussed on a major neo-Nazi website, Turner suddenly announced he was quitting political work. "I hereby separate from the 'pro-White' movement," he wrote, adding that he was ending his radio show immediately. "I will no longer involve myself in any aspect of it."

The FBI declined comment. "Longstanding FBI policy prohibits disclosing who may or may not provide information," Agent Richard Kolko of the agency's press unit said. Reached in New Jersey, Turner also declined all comment.

The apparent revelation set off a torrent of criticism from experts in criminology and the use of informants. "This is clearly over the line," said James Nolan, an associate sociology professor at West Virginia University who is an expert in police procedure and a former unit chief in the FBI's Crime Analysis, Research and Development Unit. "Informants may be involved in drugs, and you overlook that because of the greater good. However, these are viable threats — they could be carried out — that the FBI clearly knows about. I want to see the FBI stop it."

Sen. Majority leader Harry Reid spread a rumor that a major insurance company was on the verge of Bankruptcy, despite any facts that such was the case:

money.cnn.com...

"We don't have a lot of leeway on time. One of the individuals in the caucus today talked about a major insurance company. A major insurance company -- one with a name that everyone knows that's on the verge of going bankrupt. That's what this is all about," Reid said prior to the Senate's approval of the $700 billion bailout bill.

Now, the question- Do you think that this is a crafty plan, orchestrated by those pushing for this treasonous bill, to instill fear so that the bill passes in the House?

Why or why not?

If you think it is, do you think that this could rise to the level of having conspiracy charges aimed at the leaders, by applying the Ricco Act?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I can't speak about Turner, but if Harry Reid says it, it is probably a lie. I wouldn't trust him if his tongue came notorized!
Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi (who whined for years about not being able to get anything done with a republican majority), still can't accomplish anything when their own party controls the house and the senate.
I head "Whorehouse" Harry's statement about the insurance company and thought it had fearmongering written all over it.

The above appellation is not mine. It comes from Liberatarian talk show host Jerry Doyle, who lives and broadcasts from Las Vegas!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I dunno if that Turner *EXTREMELY URGENT* message is, or was, a hoax designed to cause panic. He seems a disreputable individual and I wouldn't trust him on anything whatsoever.

But what about Forbes Magazine ? Is it in their interests to cause a run on the banks ?

I dunno that for sure either. Any comments ?

"And if this run accelerates--as it may now--a total meltdown of the U.S. financial system could occur."

/3pkves

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Steve Quayle is repoting a coming 'bank holiday'.
He's not FBI or CIA or anything else connected with the government.
more info

He's also reporting quiet troop movements in the USA for martial law to back up the bank holiday.

He isn't part of any gov't conspiracy to get the bill passed.
His information at the site is against the bill.

To answer your question - I don't think it's part of a gov't fear tactic.

I think the bank holiday rumors are just people putting 1 + 1 together
and coming up with 2.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Steve Quayle would report anything as true, the more outlandish the better. He is no trustworthy source.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

The number of posts and threads that are dealing with the hoax, yes hoax, concerning the Bank of America and an alleged letter concerning closing the banks, indicate FEAR in many posters minds.
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

I do not think the letters said anything about closing the doors of the bank.

It had to do with rumors of credit cards getting turned off if your credit score was 750 or worse.

Somehow, as with all entropic threads, things went from a few credit cards to the bank taking a holiday. Then low and behold somebody googled the bank closing and the Hal Turner bank holiday thing came up.

Anyways that is more or less the order of events in these threads.

I had refered to Mr. Turner as a informant for the FBI.

This, of course, is SOP for the FBI. They try to infiltrate almost any group that appears on their radar.

By the way, the Pro White movement is extremely strong in parts of the US......it has infiltrated a lot of local goverments or so I have heard. ie. Think cops...at OJ
Here is video of Hal Turner on Fox News.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:57 AM
link   

I think the bank holiday rumors are just people putting 1 + 1 together

Don't you think that it is possible with these rumors, that it may be a self-fulfilling prophecy?
This sort of rumor is actually what CAUSES bank runs.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:04 AM
link   

You have my respect and my watchful eye, I do hope more will flag this thread as it is important that we keep everything in prospective.

However on a personal level I am not willing to just kick back and not advise my 90+ year old grandparents to look at things as same ol same ol. It would not be wise to at least be a little prepared for a "Possible" bankers Holiday if that is what is to come.

I agree that fear mongering can trigger the real deal to happen, however what am I to do? I am very concerned for the people I am responsible for, children and elderly, pets...

WHAT TO DO???

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:28 AM
link   

However on a personal level I am not willing to just kick back and not advise my 90+ year old grandparents to look at things as same ol same ol. It would not be wise to at least be a little prepared for a "Possible" bankers Holiday if that is what is to come.

I certainly understand your concern, and empathize with it. I would never tell you to do, or not to do, what you think is right for yourself or your relatives.
The reason I am so vehement about this travesty is BECAUSE of my concern concern for my children and grandchildrens' generation, and what this will cost THEM.

The fact that the House is bringing this to a vote certainly indicates that this treasonist bill will be passed within the hour. Once that happens, events will take on a life of their own.

I don't like to make predictions, so let me just give what I THINK is most likely to happen. Within weeks, or at most, months, it will become apparent that this bill did NOT do what they claim it will do, namely stop the bleeding. The bleeding will continue to get worse, and whichever candidate wins the Presidential election, will be forced to take action that turns the American public against them. Accusations will be made that this was caused by the ________(fill in either party) and partisan bickering will continue, and more poor choices and decisions will be made.
This is what happens when politicians, who don't listen to the experts(and no, Paulson is not an expert, he is a political appointee, who was the CEO of Goldman Sachs-hardly an unbiased person), but make decisions based upon the politics of fear, are in control.
We are in for a rocky four years.
Pray for America AND the WORLD. This indeed is a dark moment in American and World History.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Good thread so far Prof Emeritus.

Star and Flag.

I wonder how things will divide up?

It seems weird that California, even after huge layoffs, is on the verge shut down. Governer Arnold S. is asking for 7 Billion for his state.

Sort of like NYC when they went bankrupt back in the 1970's.

Scary stuff.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by whiteraven]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   

It seems weird that California, even after huge layoffs, is on the verge shut down. Governer Arnold S. is asking for 7 Billion for his state.

As Everett Dirksen once said:

A billion here, a billion there, pretty soon, you're talking real money"

When the current bailout bill fails to stop the bleeding, state by state will be asking the federal government to bail them out.

Let me explain the REAL REASON that California is on the verge of bankruptcy:
It passes laws to give EVERYONE money, including illegal aliens.

As Ron Paul has repeatedly warned:
www.vdare.com...

All the Republicans say they oppose illegal immigrants using government services, but for most this means instate tuition and maybe the EITC. Ron Paul goes a step further in saying taxpayers should not pay for illegal aliens who use "hospitals, clinics, schools, roads [n.b.!], and social services." Schools and hospitals are probably hit harder by illegal immigration than most other government programs. Paul is the only candidate who is serious about cutting off the welfare—really, transfer payment—magnets.

top topics

join