It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The DEBATE - game changer ? You tell me..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
As soon as the debate was over, CNN had Biden the winner of the debate. Fox had Palin the winner. What do you think? The question goes out to the voter, and I'll ask it in three parts.

1. If you were undecided, did it help you decide, and for whom?

2. Did it cause you to switch from Obama to McCain?

3. Did it cause you to switch from McCain to Obama?

If so... what did it for you, and who said it?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

I think I can safely say this about the debate. Palin may not have won the debate, but Biden definitely lost the debate.

Ever since these two were announced, all we have heard about is what a powerhouse debater Biden was, and how he was just going to destroy Palin the debate. We heard he was incredibly intelligent and smart, and Palin was just the opposite. The only acceptable outcome for him was to run away with the debate. He did not. Palin held her own against Biden and several times made him look like a blundering old man.

The media wanted to turn this into a game of trivial pursuit, to see who "knew" more. Palin didn't let that happen, she stuck to the issues and took it to Biden and Obama.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Yes.. but has it caused you to change your mind about McCain, Obama, or no..?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
No.

It's strengthened my support of McCain/Palin if anything.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

yep i imagine palin will make those red states redder but you dont get extra college votes for a bigger majority.

Palin didnt lose the election for the republicans in the debate but neither will her performance make any inroads into the democrats lead.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by yeti101]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:32 AM
link   
The debate solidified my opinion that neither candidate is going to get my vote.

Palin did better than I thought she would, but she still didn't convince me of anything. I keep reading that people are pleased with Palin's statement early on that she was going to answer questions the way she wanted to and to heck with what anybody thought. What I saw was her dodging questions and not responding to several direct attacks on her ticket's policies. This was supposed to be a debate and if you don't debate your opponent you lose, period.

Biden came off exactly as I expected. A smooth lifetime poliician. This is the VP candidate for the "change" ticket? Heh?? He is an icon for exactly what our problems are. He came off to me as smug and arrogant.

Frankly, I don't know how anybody can vote for either one of these tickets with a good conscience. This entire election cycle is a joke. I'll continue to watch the debates in the hopes that somebody says something that makes me want to vote for them, but I'm not holding my breath.

top topics

join