It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brits urged to leave sheds open for thieves!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Capitulation to criminals?

Jeeze,

If you had gun rights your crime would go down dramatically. Nothing like the sound of a 12 gauge cocking to cure a burglar of crime.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Oh my god....lmao.

Things are looking awfully bleak here in the US, but man, you folks living in the UK are ROYALLY SCREWED!!!

What is next?

" Please leave your home unlocked...this way if sub human animals wish to sneak in and rape your wife they will not damage your front door"

Are you kidding me?????? I lock my shed not to keep thieves out completely, but to delay them long enough for me to grab my .12 guage, sneak out the back door and blow a massive hole in the bastards chest.

It is inconceivable to me how you would let you government take away your God given right to protect yourselves.

These are dangerous times we are living in folks

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
What next? Will they suggest people leave a little "offering" of food and coin for the thieves as folk in fairy tales left offering for the trolls, so they might not frown upon them?

I live in an area where there is little crime. I do not own a key to my front door -- the door was salvaged as part of a construction project and I never replaced the lock. We don't worry about being broken into (currently).

I lock my shed. It hold all my construction tools, as well as a good deal of our survival preps. That lock is a sturdy one -- a 3/8" padlock, which is on both of the two doors to the shed. In my opinion, it says this: This lock is put here to secure the contents against you. If you choose to try and break this lock, you'd better be sure, because if I catch you doing so, I will injure you. This lock is an indication of my desire for you to not be inside. Damage it at your own risk.

And you know what? Our local laws support that thesis. Would I kill someone if I caught them breaking into my shed? No. The law would not prosecute me for doing them bodily harm. Understand, we are a small island. There is a government dole. There are no homeless.

People have come to the door many times asking for food -- often a breadfruit from the tree. I harvest the breadfruit and give them out, as we cannot possibly eat all it produces. We give away hundreds of coconuts, tomatoes, pumpkin, etc. etc. Others give us fish.

A thief is nearly the very bottom of the bucket within context of my culture, second only to pedophiles.

<< 1   >>

join