It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

H.I.M Haile Selassie - Rastafarian Christ

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Like christianity there are different sects of rastafari. the basis of most are either praising selassie as christ or prasing christ himself. I am a rasta but acknowledge selassie as a great man with ineage connected to the bible but I only prasie jesus christ. selassie said he was not christ being a christian himself but he did have king solomins ring which he gave to bob marley. also the the ark of the covenant is in ethiopia

there are those that are problack which is a reaction to white global domination and those that go by the "One Love" philosohy which i live by.Only about 1 percent of all rasta ive met had something bad to say about whites, the rest are about healing the nation. one interesting thing is im seeing more and more white rastas prasing selassie

also i used to smoke weed when i was younger but havent for the past 10 years or so and know alot of rastas that dont smoke

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

It is always with good intention that people seek the truth so to be able to walk on through this passing world in the path of rightesneous. While making the research however, people get astonished by simple incidents and or events accepting them as miracles and disregard the main point. The ras teferian connection with hailesilassie is a result of a weak and incomplete research. the research should have not stoped at the point where the followers are at now. The research should have proceeded on and the effort continued to find more about Ethiopia and why Ethiopia is known to be a blessed land. The continuity of the effort would have helped them arrive in a different dimension and would give some insight to the ras teferians about the depth of the faith and most of all the spirituality of the people of Ethiopia. Hailesilassie is NO Jesus Christ. except a human being created by the image of GOD who ate and slept like any other emperor or like any a ditch digger. In this passing world He lived a life as emperor of Ethiopia as many hundred ethiopian emperors before him. All the Emperors of Ethiopia are dead. They all are back to where they come from. From dirt to dirt. On the day of judgement every one dead, all the emperors including haile silassie will resuruct to stand trial before the Lord Jesus Christ.

My friend, In terms of answering the correct and / or the perfect answer regarding to the question of spirituality and the secrecy of creation there is only one and capable land in this Universe and that is Ethiopia. I suggest you continue to seach and learn more before you equate a human being who after all ends up in the grave to become a fist full of worthless dust with that of the creator. You have come to the right land in search of the truth with the desire to walk the path of righteousness which by the way is very appropriate. but chose the wrong person. Christ is the Son of man He sufferd to take away the troubles of people He is born from the virgin mary. He defeated lucifer and death. By Him we all shall resuruct and be judjed to either inherit his kingdom or to be condemned in hell. We all shall be facing the Lord at that pay day. To receive his prize haile silassie will also be among the 6billion people that christ created. I pray that the Lord Jesus Christ will have mercy upon all of us.

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   
well, i read all of these things from you now, and all i can say is bare conspiracy and fakeness. there is no solomonic dynasty or lineage or blood in ethiopia, the queen of sheba was not an ethiopian nor yemenite, this title is a metapher for the true royal bloodline of the 18th egyptian dynasty. haile selassie faked his lineages to proof his "solomonic blood". and member, where the ark was built? Sinai, which is zion i when you pronounce it in patois. the whole history of "israel" is conspiracy, faked from the original out of egypt, where they started hatred and lies about this whole topic. if you talk about israelites, you talk about egyptians, if you talk about moses you talk about akhenaten, if you talk about the twelfe tribes, you talk about the twelve (13) kings of 18 dynasty, if you talk about the queen of sheba, you talk about the queen of the seven who was queen tiye, if you talk about solomon, you talk about an egyptian pharaoh, member, when you talk about jesus, out of ancient scriptures we know that the messiah is said to come out of egypt (which includes "israel" acutally), member that ethiopia is actually sudan, member that the kebra negast was written for the christian nubians of sudan, and later copied and completely faked by the abysinnians, because it was the queen of candace´s enuch to be baptized by phillip, an ethiopian, not an abysinnian, please member, that it was the king of axum who destroyed the nubians, member that it was only an egyptian patriarch who was able to crown emperors of ethiopia, nobody else could ever crown an emperor of ethiopia, haile selassie KNEW the truth, and hated it, thats why all this conspiracy of living god and israel and #. member that ethiopians changed from orhtodoxy to protestant and catholic because of the wrong behavour of "h.i.m". Note that the truth is known by the english royal house, and thats the reason why you find egyptian obelisks infront of every white house etc...and not something ethiopian, member that ethiopians are said to be the biggest liars of all.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
To my Rasta brother who in 1977 simply asked me if I liked the rain. We danced with open arms, greeting the fresh, clean tears of joy from the heavens with laughter and peace together, he a black man, me a white man. I love the rain, I exclaimed. He smilng widely, "it's good for the earth, it's good for us. Together sharing ganja with so many friends, no color divides if we see much further. I am no evil, Rasta man is no king. No kings of all. I in I and Jah together we all are happy. Evil exists, but it may be white or any color. It is the color of evil, pay it nothing. All of life is living gratitude, it is Thanksgiving in every hour.

Happy we are I in I, one with you all, color is not between us. We are living one, of all the earth which is where, when and to whom we live abundantly. God Jah, thank you Brother. My Peace remains with you in me, I remember you today even 30 years is not a separation. One were we and I remember you, thank you dear friend. Remember me, just a happy white brother with you alive.

Peace and my love to all through these years. May my message greet you.

posted on Nov, 27 2008 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Haile Selassie=FRAUD :

Drew Noble Ali=Black Jews=Anglo-Israelism=British Israelism=Racism=Price Hall Lodge Masonry=Secret Societies=Merovingians=One World Government

[edit on 27-11-2008 by truthwarrior7]

And I appreciate Ganja, but Rastas are FULL OF CRAP!

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:40 PM
link   

i am a rastafarian and when a christian asks me about the importanc eof H.I.M. Haile Selassie I, i refer to the holy bible revelation chapter 5. Hile Selassie is the 225th king in line of solomonic kings coming from the line of David

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthwarrior7
Haile Selassie=FRAUD :

Drew Noble Ali=Black Jews=Anglo-Israelism=British Israelism=Racism=Price Hall Lodge Masonry=Secret Societies=Merovingians=One World Government

And I appreciate Ganja, but Rastas are FULL OF CRAP!

You're entitled to your feelings but that does not make them fact. Haile Selassie existed so that is not a fraud. He was the Emperor of Ethiopia so that is not a fraud. Did he commit fraud?

Now when you talk about Rastas and classify them all as being "full of crap", can I assume you have interviewed at least a representative sample of Rastas throughout the world?

was this post representative of all of your posts?

posted on Dec, 8 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
My first exposure to the topic came from listening to a Trip Hop group I liked named Thievery Corporation. Before jumping to too many conclusions, the duo came up with the name because they were robbed at gunpoint on the way to an interested music producer, demo tape included. Good songs I thought, but in one of them it got a bit weird and echoed "Haile Selassie". I thought it was strange both that there was this non-English word and the sudden loud to soft echo. So, that's when I looked it up and found out much of what the original poster had said.

I don't know a whole lot, but I didn't see any mention of the baptist (and perhaps other) missionaries mentioned here. As I understood it, the whole idea Biblically had come from the missions to those who were unable to read the book in English themselves. From there, a lot of comparisions were drawn between the Book's King Jesus and their current rulership. When revolution had occurred, the parallels became more of a perceived reality than analogy. The closest link I could find .

Regarding Bob Marley, haven't seen any link between him and belief in Haile, but am always open to learning new things. Regarding racism, Theivery Corporation was started by two Caucasians from Maryland...so to me this doesn't make a whole lot of sense. One of the trio in Massive Attack called Tricky makes mention about being Rasta and the trials thereof, but nothing that encourages the listener to believe or pursue. In fact, there's more of an undertone of trying to get away from the "spyglass" of 'The Man' than any kind of anger or hatred, but this doesn't mean this is how the whole community feels.

You live in the city
You stay by yourself
You a-find all weakness
Still some people they brand you ya
Just because you are rasta
You move to the country
You live in the hills
You a-find all company
When you check it them-a use spying glass
They want to know all your business

When you check it them-a use spying glass
They want to know rasta business
Spyglass by Massive Attack

[edit on 8-12-2008 by saint4God]

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 12:39 PM
link   

For many years I searched bible scriptures and visited different churches and to no avail I found no comfort from my endeavors. As I grew older, I questioned the fact as to why the savior of this world is portrayed as a white man with blond hair and blue eyes. During my soul searching I was guided to an elder Rastafarian Who took me to Revalation 5 and showed me the passage weep not for behold the Lion of Judah(root of David) has prevailed to open the seven seals. From this day forth, my eyes was opened as I saw the light and had no more questions concerning the true Christ. I really don't care if others will continue to praise Jesus(white man with blue eyes), but I definitely prefer to praise someone who has similar characteristics as myself. The only person found worthy to open the book was Haile Selassie I. He truly fits the description of the Christ in his new advent. So, please don't hate us Rasta's we are truly spiritual beings. If you don't agree with me learn your history and you will know your destiny.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheBandit795

Psalm 68 v 4 "sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name Jah, and rejoice before him"

Haile Selassie I might have said he wasn't Christ, but when Christ came no one wanted to believe who he said he was, even to this day.
John ch 16v7-15
Netherless i tell you the truth; it is expedient for you that i go away: for if i go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if i depart, I will send him unto you. 8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness and of judgement: 9 Of sin, because they believe not on me; 10 Of righteousness, because i go to my Father, and ye see me no more; 11 Of judgement, because the prince of the this world is judged. 12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. 13 Howbeit when He, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come. 14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall show it unto you. 15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall show it unto you.
For myself, HIM came to guide us back to Yahsua, to comfort us and teach us in the ways of the Almighty Jah.

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
As I grew older, I questioned the fact as to why the savior of this world is portrayed as a white man with blond hair and blue eyes.

I really don't care if others will continue to praise Jesus(white man with blue eyes), but I definitely prefer to praise someone who has similar characteristics as myself.

Racism at its pinnacle. The reason why Jesus was portrayed with blondish hair and blue eyes in the first place was to appeal to people in Europe who had similar characteristics...if it worked merely because a judge of appearance, they certainly missed the point. Jesus Christ was not born of my 'race', nor does it matter in who he is and what he has done/is doing.

[edit on 22-1-2009 by saint4God]

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Wow
Thank you all you anonymous posters for your contributions to this thread. I'm still very fascinated by the subject and appreciate your input no matter if it differs or is the same as mine. Also thank you to the members who continued to post. I have nothing new to contribute at the moment on the topic but I'll see what I can dig up.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by saint4God

who told you the colour of our lord JESUS CHRIST's hair and eyes

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Im ambivalent on this.

On the con-side the "hate the white race" thing and thinking that some Ethiopian King is "The Supreme Being" is a bit off.

On the pro-side I see the fruits of the movement - which seem to be a generation of more self-confident, more outspoken, more spiritual jamaicans and a lot of damn good music.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
who told you the colour of our lord JESUS CHRIST's hair and eyes

Where have I implied that I knew?

I know what his eyes and hair will look like, but am uncertain if this is the case at present: Revelation 1:14

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Im ambivalent on this.

On the con-side the "hate the white race" thing and thinking that some Ethiopian King is "The Supreme Being" is a bit off.

On the pro-side I see the fruits of the movement - which seem to be a generation of more self-confident, more outspoken, more spiritual jamaicans and a lot of damn good music.

The rastas I have met in my lifetime do not hate the white race. They celebrate their heritage and the history of Africa that has been covered up. It's about justice and peace and living with respect and freedom. Just like any group there will be the fringes that do not represent the consensus.

posted on Feb, 5 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by stikkinikki

yes...I can confirm that. They know to discern.

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   

i find thaT there is so much confusion over rastafari and what he is,yet its so simple, thats to say so simple its become a mystery as people need to know that haile selaasiie is the head of the christian church by aniontment .....in truth........ and was head i of state by elecetion this it how we need to first start to look at these things before we can even get to know what the rasta faith,life people are really about as even some of them don't really know and as the struggle for power increases within the MOVEMENT divisions and seperation gaps appear as to hide in the mist the lies exposed to hold down the truth and to breakdown the movement from within by infiltrators and bums

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

i find thaT there is so much confusion over rastafari and what he is,yet its so simple thats to say so simple its become a mystery as people need to know that haile selaasiie is the head of the christian church by aniontment .....in truth........ and was head i of state by elecetion this it how we need to first start to look at it before we can even get to know what the rasta faith,life people are really as even some of them don't really know and as the struggle for power increases within the MOVEMENT divisions and seperation gaps appear as to hide in the mist the lies exposed to hold down the truth and to breakdown the movement from within by infiltrators and bums

Ras ....l....always

posted on May, 4 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

not truw bredah the thing you imply about selassie are to your own gain and have know baring on the hsitory you talk only to brack down the movement and you fabricate with such skill i am sure you are an ethiopian who has been affected by the changes and progress that he made for all blacks and opressed people in the world but as you seem to think we know is just what you tell us but where not ignorant and you just can not stop it is the only religion,faith,movement,way of that has been embraced by the world in love and not warfare and blood shead as most others has done

<< 1  2    4 >>

join