It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What has the world become into?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Yes, now I am asking this question to myself, judging from what I saw today.

I was returning from computer class on my bicycle and two boys on their cycle were in front of me returning from the park, blocking the road and not allowing me to overtake. So, I had to trail behind them, and so, I could hear what they were talking.

Some, information about the two boys, both were around seven years old, and what I am going tell now is what you wont beleive, but really, it shocked me to the heart.

They were conversing, and I heard them only half way through, the conversation,

Boy1: Why did you beat him?

Boy2: HE TALKED TO HER!!

(This was said by the boy in an angry tone:bash

Boy1: So what?

Boy2: I didnt like that

Boy1: For that why did you throw a stone at him?

Boy2: So that he wont talk to her again

Boy1: It is good that you threw a small stone at him, if it had been a big stone think of the consequences?

Boy2: I dont care about that.

And I was fed up listening to them, luckily I reached my home.

Now back to the fact, considering that they were only seven years old or so, but the discussion they had :bnghd: what has happened to the children these days.

Discussing like this at the age of seven itself.

I thought that young children were good and they never speak lies

But from now on NO!!

So, what can we attribute this to, widespread media coverage or some rather rare cases of spoilt kids.

Please feel free to comment

This ruined my evening.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I think it must be upbringing I guess these childrens parental examples are very dominating and controlling :bash: Sad that we can't get better messages to our young, Sorry for your bad day ,that is pretty disappointing

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Atleast I am hoping that this is one of the rare cases of spoilt children, if this continues, the world does not need to have a 2012 or alien invasion to destroy itself, it will be automatically destroyed.:bnghd:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
It just doesn't surprise me anymore, what kids are capable of. And I'd like to blame the parents as well, but that's not always the case, it's hard to say. That kind of behavior seems to me to be learned behavior.

I am so blessed to have an 8 yr. old who is truly a peace-keeper. On the playground, in the neighborhood, between his big sister and I, between his cousins and friends...he's always looking for a peaceful solution to things. And it's no surprise that he wants to be a police officer.

Rush

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Open the bible and read on... also look to the media. Violence is romanticized and sexuality is villainized. I remember one day where a friend and I were In East St. Paul (one of the arm pits of the area). We saw this kid walking down the street, trying to look thug, wearing a red starter jacket.

He had headphones on, and was chanting (or trying to rap) while waving his arm in the air "killer, killer, killer, killer, killer" ... IMO, this is what we get from them fake rappers, who glorify the ghetto. Kids don't know that it's all fake, they take it for face value, and the rappers don't care. They want the money.

It's not just the rap music, that was just a shining example. It's a whole lot of things that all come together, to chip away at the awareness of society. The reptile mind is blossoming. This keeps people from stopping, and saying. Hey, that is not right young man. Think about the feelings of that boy you hit with the rock.

That young woman is not your property, and think about their family, and how they would feel. And the feelings of their friends. By hurting those people, you just hurt yourself. By hurting yourself, you hurt everyone.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by hsur2112
I am so blessed to have an 8 yr. old who is truly a peace-keeper. On the playground, in the neighborhood, between his big sister and I, between his cousins and friends...he's always looking for a peaceful solution to things. And it's no surprise that he wants to be a police officer.

Good to hear that, I wish that his ambition is realized.

This is not a one-liner.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by eye open doors
This keeps people from stopping, and saying. Hey, that is not right young man. Think about the feelings of that boy you hit with the rock.

That young woman is not your property, and think about their family, and how they would feel. And the feelings of their friends. By hurting those people, you just hurt yourself. By hurting yourself, you hurt everyone.

Excuse me, you have mistaken, I didnt hit another boy with the rock

Please, read my post again, it is the discussion between two boys aged around 7 which I heard when I was returning home from computer class and I am 18, and I dont prefer violence as my user name suggests, and I think of all girls as my sister's.

So, please dont misunderstand me,

top topics

join