It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Appears To Be Wearing an Earpiece During The Debate

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I want each and everyone of you, to go back and re-watch all of Palin's prior interviews, on the tele. Look at how she stumbles around ideas, avoids eye contact, uses lengthy pauses, dancing around questions etc. etc.

If you watched the debate, you saw she rarely stumbled, rarely avoided eye contact, was rather specific, even if she was dancing around the true question, she had a goal in mind.

Palin was a different speaker on stage that night. It might have been an ear-piece. It might have been days or weeks of prep. with forehand knowledge of the questions.

She wasn't the same person you saw on the talk shows, even though the questions were, often the same.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:37 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I know pols aren't the most trustworthy of people but I find it hard to believe that in this day of technology (see SO's pictures) that any of them would try to get away with wearing an earpiece if it wasn't allowed.

Biden has a lot more experience in the public political world (not debating if he is more qualified) and perhaps didn't need a piece or want one.

I am not saying who I am supporting here but having been thrown into the public eye as she has and all her family secrets thrust upon us, I would says she is doing alright.

Would be interesting to know one way or another if the earpieces are allowed.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by philjwolf

why is the question asked about Palin??? Is Biden beyond approach.. or could he of been wearing one and not Palin???

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

Please watch on a PC by logging onto CNN. I was careful to make sure I didn't see the same thing on the left side of her glasses before I concluded that she was wearing a device. In HD you can even see the clear part that fits in the ear. High Definition is a beautiful thing.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Just to throw in something that got my attention as I read this thread is a reference made by a few of the talking heads after the debate about how Gov. Palin kept going back to previous talking points not necessarily related to the question at hand.

This is a conspiracy site so why not have an ear piece that says "go back to this topic and give these points" while Biden is making his statement, making notes that she later would reference when talking.

Just my opinion and all in "fun".

"I would like to respond about the tax increases," she said when the topic turned to subprime mortgages. "I want to go back to the energy plan," she said at another point, sidestepping another discussion of taxes.

hosted.ap.org...

Asked by moderator Gwen Ifill if she would support legislation allowing debt-strapped mortgage holders to file for bankruptcy to get out from under that debt, Palin said yes but avoided details, quickly steering the focus back to a more general discussion of the "toxic mess" in the financial industry.

hosted.ap.org...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Here is a little information on the change in format of the debate although no mention is made of allowing earpieces….the fact that Reuters was asking that the candidates be checked is speaking loudly in my ear….

This debate format changes information is from the New York Times but since it requires a log in a found it on another forum thread….partially copied here…

The Obama and McCain campaigns have agreed to an unusual free-flowing format for the three televised presidential debates, which begin on Friday, but the McCain camp fought for and won a much more structured approach for the questioning at the vice-presidential debate, advisers to both campaigns said Saturday.

At the insistence of the McCain campaign, the Oct. 2 debate between the Republican nominee for vice president, Gov. Sarah Palin, and her Democratic rival, Senator Joseph R. Biden Jr., will have shorter question-and-answer segments than those for the presidential nominees, the advisers said. There will also be much less opportunity for free-wheeling, direct exchanges between the running mates.

McCain advisers said they had been concerned that a loose format could leave Ms. Palin, a relatively inexperienced debater, at a disadvantage and largely on the defensive.

The wrangling was chiefly between the McCain-Palin camp and the nonpartisan Commission on Presidential Debates, which is sponsoring the forums……

The debate formats were negotiated by Senator Lindsey Graham, Republican of South Carolina, representing the McCain campaign, and Representative Rahm Emanuel, Democrat of Illinois, for the Obama camp. A handful of aides from both camps were also involved, hammering out issues between themselves and then holding conference calls with members of the commission to reach final agreements, people involved in the process said.

Here is a link to the governing body...not the story...just to clarify which campaign advisors and the organization who were involved in negotiating the debate rules and format.

Commission on Presidential Debates

Edit to add: Is anyone else having a Milli Vanilli flashback. I'm calling this the Palin Milli Vanilli conspiracy....

[edit on 3-10-2008 by DancedWithWolves]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I wear hearing aids

I was not going to watch this nonsense tape, but now since I'm pretty good at catching things most would miss.

I'm going to study her bodylanguage, and her responses at intervals, as if she is taking instructions from her ear piece.

I've had these devices before, I know how I react and respond to them, and I will be able to tell you whether she is or not wearing on. I will post back tommorrow.

People take logic into account, do you think she doesnt need help, now use logic, and ask again?! Sure logic will prevail.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I would think both Palin and Biden spent many hours prepping for the debate. Anticipating what the questions may be and I wouldn't be surprised if answers were written for them by professionals.

link   
reply to post by Mainer

see, that is a problem for me the internet is a horror show of false information that never is verified, but just leaves people dangling with all these unanswered question, and people choose to believe it or disbelieve it based on who they like or dislike,

Then it spreads like a cancer.

[edit on 113131p://bFriday2008 by Stormdancer777]

link   

Biden would have no need for an earpiece. He is more than capable of handling himself in any situation, be that a debate or an interview or a rally.

Palin on the otherhand is a fish out of water. She needs all the hand holding she can get. She has practically been sheltered since being tapped as a running mate. Now all of a sudden her handlers are going to send her out on the debate floor unaided? That just doesn't make any sense.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Fuzzy Wabbit

Oh your giving that old fart, Biden, way to much credit.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537

Originally posted by Fromabove
BTW Gov. Palin wiped the floor with the used car salesman.

Used car salesman? I wouldn't even buy a used car from Joe Biden.

I get the feeling just looking at him that hes out to rip me off.

Biden does have the appearance of a snake, but it's not nice to judge by appearances.

I saw him building Palin up and trying to make her feel comfortable, only to slash her with his inevitable low-blow about the "road to nowhere". He was hoping she'd fall to pieces after that. THAT is what I call a REAL snake. Very wicked tactic, but predictable, she clearly saw it coming, good girl.

At least Palin was straight up for real during the whole debate and didn't use sly snake-like tactics. It only made people love her more, and they will, love her more.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mind is the universe

do you really think there that stupid.. to put a earpiece in that everyone on t.v. can see.. ?????? .. the dems would of jumped all over that one... it would be a major issue for all the talking heads today.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mmariebored

I agree.

As I said, some wanted this to be a pop quiz or something, to try and trip her up. But she is real and genuine, and that says a lot.

Also, between the two, when they both say they will put America first, I believe Palin, not Biden.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Palin was indeed wearing an earpiece

You see this is put forward as being undeniable true, which it isn't, and even if it is proven to be true,

what exactly was the ear piece, for and did Biden have one also?

Your witness.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:51 AM
link   
That would be cheating and unfair but really, it's not illegal.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blacknapkins
I want each and everyone of you, to go back and re-watch all of Palin's prior interviews, on the tele. Look at how she stumbles around ideas, avoids eye contact, uses lengthy pauses, dancing around questions etc. etc.

If you watched the debate, you saw she rarely stumbled, rarely avoided eye contact, was rather specific, even if she was dancing around the true question, she had a goal in mind.

Palin was a different speaker on stage that night. It might have been an ear-piece. It might have been days or weeks of prep. with forehand knowledge of the questions.

She wasn't the same person you saw on the talk shows, even though the questions were, often the same.

The very same was true with Barack Obama. Off teleprompter, he was full of "Uh's" and "Um's" and he made plenty of verbal gaffes (57 states, inflate your tires and get tune ups). But during the debate there wasn't one "uh or um".

I think it was coaching in both cases and they should both be given credit for coming a long way.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:53 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fuzzy Wabbit

Biden would have no need for an earpiece. He is more than capable of handling himself in any situation, be that a debate or an interview or a rally.

Palin on the otherhand is a fish out of water. She needs all the hand holding she can get. She has practically been sheltered since being tapped as a running mate. Now all of a sudden her handlers are going to send her out on the debate floor unaided? That just doesn't make any sense.

That's your opinion, not a fact. Biden is perfectly capable of making blunders. How about telling a man in a wheelchair to stand up?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join