It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palin Appears To Be Wearing an Earpiece During The Debate

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

......which advantage would that be???

The advantage where (1) she got McKiernan's NAME WRONG and undermined his position????

....or where (2) she said Biden supported the surge???

1____
Claim: Joe Biden said that the US "commanding general in Afghanistan said the surge principle in Iraq will not work in Afghanistan". Sarah Palin responded by saying that "McClellan did not say definitively the surge principles would not work in Afghanistan".

Fact: On 2 October, the Washington Post quoted the head of the Nato-led coalition in Afghanistan, Gen David McKiernan, as saying: "The word I don't use for Afghanistan is 'surge'."

2___
Claim: Sarah Palin said that Joe Biden "had supported John McCain's military strategies [in Iraq] pretty adamantly until this race".

Fact: Jonathan Weisman of the Washington Post characterises Mr Biden as "an outspoken opponent of... troop increases in Iraq as soon as Bush announced them after the 2006 elections". As Foreign Relations Committee Chairman, he led the most heated hearings before the troops were actually deployed.

Biden opposed the surge - of which Mr McCain was a prominent proponent - long before the beginning of the presidential campaign, and maintained this position throughout the race.
_____

Again I ask - what advantage??? I only used TWO examples from a fair few here.

Ergo, she looked a FOOL. Nuff said.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I don't know which is worse; earpiece or just plain lumpy ears!!

Somehow now she seem's less attractive. Now I'll be looking in her ears rather than looking at her....

[edit on 3-10-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I'm not claiming she had an advantage by being fed statements. It probably leveled the playing field because she didn't sound like her normal uniformed self. The damage has already been done. This debate didn't help. It just didn't hurt. Educated Repubs already see this choice for what it was. Purely political.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove
Gov. Palin is a lot smarter than some give her credit for. She is the Governor of the largest state in the Union. She is commander in chief of the national gaurd, a decision making execitive, and a party bucking maverick. Obama pales in comparison in intellect, and experience. Obama cannot even function without a teleprompter. BTW Gov. Palin wiped the floor with the used car salesman.

Exactly. People are getting a bit jittery that Palin can match him in debate so are digging up ANYTHING remotely feasible.
Just surf youtube and look at the crp the lefties propaganda machine pumps out.
I'm sure the internet must be at meltdown everytime Palin does somoething that annoys them.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:48 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I dont think it would matter anyway, whether Palin had an earpiece or not.

They arent real debates. I ran across someone describing how the whole thing is set up, and by whom, and there is no way she couldnt have done well. Or Biden either for that matter. I even double checked, by looking at outside sources. They just arent real debates and havent been since 1988.

It looks to me like the theory that both parties are in a conspiracy with corporations and against the American people and our democracy is looking more and more realistic every day.

I started a thread about it, with a link to the video, but I cannot figure out how to get the video to embed. Perhaps I will at some point.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Glad to see this post. My girlfriend asked me last night if I thought she was wearing an ear piece, and I could see it. We had a fifty inch HD monitor with an HD feed. It was clear, but I forgot about it until now.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   
So this was an honest debate without ear pieces. COOL! I think Palin did a good job and deserves her credit for a good debate.

Nice work Skeptic.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The original photo didn't look anything like an earpiece, and now the alternate thread on this subject proves that all you're looking at is "Ear Mk.1"

More hysteria - move along now, nothing to see here.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by slywhite

Im just wondering? Is it against the rules to wear an earpiece?

Im pretty sure everything she said she was being fed..
Just like anything, what we are seeing is a play of puppets.

A puppet show for those still living the illusion!

But my question is.. Is it against the rules to wear an earpiece?

WE all know they are just puppets anyway.. So how does this change anything? Unless you know its against the rules to be fed answers to questions in a debate..

Thanks!
Zy5

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by zysin5

I don't think it's been determined yet if help was fair permissible.
Does anyone know?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
If you look very carefully, I think you might see a teleprompter when Obama speaks.

Oh wait....

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
[edit on 3-10-2008 by Jezus]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
After some internal discussion among staff, we found this photo from a reasonably recent news conference covering the Exon Valldez...

From that, I made this comparison...

It appears that the "lumps and bumps" of her natural ear, combined with the intense studio lighting, is creating the appearance of an earpiece.

I don't think intense studio lighting would have that effect at all. It would only make the lumps and bumps seem flatter, it wouldn't create that ear piece shape.

I see an ear piece, and the above comparison makes seems to make it kind of obvious.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
[edit on 3-10-2008 by Jezus]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I watched it again......there is definitely SOMETHING there. I can't see it IN her ear, just something between her glasses and ear. It appears to be white. I guess I am starting to find this interesting.......

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBadge
so someone possibly told her to say"joe six pack american" and hockey moms?

i just dont enjoy the fact that she or whoever was speaking in her ear think we're all six pac drinkin hockey playin americans .

hilarious

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Uhhh..

This is an IFB.

Internal Feedback.

All talent wear them at TV stations to get cues from directors and producers on time and other things.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I was thinking that it might not be a bad idea to wear an earpiece, in case of an assassination attack. The channel could be monitored by both parties.
Speculation, of course, but this thread is pretty much mush already.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join