It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who do Ron Paul supporters choose?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cyfre
I support Ron Paul which is why i'm voting Obama.

Obama gives us the best chance of a Democrat President, Congress and Senate. That means a lot of stuff is going to get done in the next four years. Stuff I don't agree with? Probably.

As a nation we need to get a little further down this dark dark road if we want a real revolution. Vote for all the third party candidates you want in the presidential election this season, it's not going to matter. That's why you gotta have a strategy that exemplifies your principles.

The important thing here is to drive the country to a worse place than we are, as hard as that may be to imagine. In reality, McCain and Obama can both get us there. Obama can just get us there faster.

So vote for Obama, let him destroy the country along with the Congress and Senate. The good news is that he'll at least improve our reputation around the world.

In the meantime, Do a google search for " election information" or " supervisor of elections". Find out who ELSE is running in your districts, who is up for election and OUST them.

Go to the campaign for liberty website and donate to BJ (i forget his last name... casey?). They're doing a money bomb for him and he needs all the help he can get. Grass roots is going to change the face of this nation, because change like this takes a long time and happens from the bottom UP.

So vote Democrat at the top of the ticket because it doesn't really matter, and vote for REAL change in Congress, the Senate, and any other offices where libertarians, constitutionalists, green party, or whatever is running. Volunteer for them. Donate to them. They're the one's who really need all the help they can get, and the only people they'll have to pay back is their constituents.

So... vote for the same old crap when you vote for Obama, but fill out the rest of that ballot with your REAL conscience. They're the one's who are going to change this nation in 10 years time.

What do we do the next ten years? Hmm... money in the mattress, don't let go of your fire arms, and find jobs in the internet 'cause they're about the only things that are gonna be safe. =)

God bless america!

Ron Paul is a total opposite of Obama.

Thus why he wouldn't endorse either major party's candidate.

Obama supports the Patriot Act, the Iraqi occupation, and has no respect for the Constitution.

A vote for Obama is a vote against the ideals Paul crusaded for.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   

I support Ron Paul which is why i'm voting Obama.

Obama gives us the best chance of a Democrat President, Congress and Senate. That means a lot of stuff is going to get done in the next four years. Stuff I don't agree with? Probably.

As a nation we need to get a little further down this dark dark road if we want a real revolution. Vote for all the third party candidates you want in the presidential election this season, it's not going to matter. That's why you gotta have a strategy that exemplifies your principles.

The important thing here is to drive the country to a worse place than we are, as hard as that may be to imagine. In reality, McCain and Obama can both get us there. Obama can just get us there faster.

So vote for Obama, let him destroy the country along with the Congress and Senate. The good news is that he'll at least improve our reputation around the world.

In the meantime, Do a google search for " election information" or " supervisor of elections". Find out who ELSE is running in your districts, who is up for election and OUST them.

Go to the campaign for liberty website and donate to BJ (i forget his last name... casey?). They're doing a money bomb for him and he needs all the help he can get. Grass roots is going to change the face of this nation, because change like this takes a long time and happens from the bottom UP.

So vote Democrat at the top of the ticket because it doesn't really matter, and vote for REAL change in Congress, the Senate, and any other offices where libertarians, constitutionalists, green party, or whatever is running. Volunteer for them. Donate to them. They're the one's who really need all the help they can get, and the only people they'll have to pay back is their constituents.

So... vote for the same old crap when you vote for Obama, but fill out the rest of that ballot with your REAL conscience. They're the one's who are going to change this nation in 10 years time.

What do we do the next ten years? Hmm... money in the mattress, don't let go of your fire arms, and find jobs in the internet 'cause they're about the only things that are gonna be safe. =)

God bless america!

Ron Paul is a total opposite of Obama.

Thus why he wouldn't endorse either major party's candidate.

Obama supports the Patriot Act, the Iraqi occupation, and has no respect for the Constitution.

A vote for Obama is a vote against the ideals Paul crusaded for.

posted on Oct, 5 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Klemperer

Yes, Obama is about as far from Ron Paul as you could get. That's why i'm voting for him. It's a tactical strategy and the smartest vote that makes the most sense in my opinion. I'm not voting the lesser of evils, i'm voting for the polar opposite of what the revolution represents in the hopes that he'll get elected and bring this nation down to the point where enough people will act to make change rather than just talk about it.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   

reply to post by Klemperer

Yes, Obama is about as far from Ron Paul as you could get. That's why i'm voting for him. It's a tactical strategy and the smartest vote that makes the most sense in my opinion. I'm not voting the lesser of evils, i'm voting for the polar opposite of what the revolution represents in the hopes that he'll get elected and bring this nation down to the point where enough people will act to make change rather than just talk about it.

I heard Dennis Malloy on the DENNIS AND JUDIE SHOW on NJ 101.5FM say this exact same thing this morning.

posted on Oct, 6 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MyrTheSeeker

Ron Paul has endorsed Chuck Baldwin of the Constitutional Party.
www.baldwin08.com...

posted on Oct, 25 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
vote for colin powerll or bill clinton

posted on Oct, 26 2008 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I heard not to long ago that this campaign has been running for almost 20 months (I may be wrong, but still...its been going on way too long
). When I got my absentee ballot from Kansas, I had no problem writing in Ron Paul. Why?

Because in the 20 months of this election, he is the only person to strike me as a genuine American. Oh sure I disagree with him on a few things, but compared to the rest of the jerks that ran (yes Hillary too), Paul was the only person to actually get me fired up, if only for a short while until he backed out.

Something else that struck me when I was looking at the ballot. What happened to the other guys (and gal) after they lost their party nomination? Hillary started helping Obama (after licking her wounds), but other than that, zip. Paul, on the other hand, is still fighting, not to get elected, but to spread the word on injustice.

That, my friends, deserves my respect. A man who keeps fighting despite having lost and knowing even still that the odds are against him. And at such an age! He is 73 ( a year older than McCain even!) and despite having lost is still on the front lines. I get emails from him now and then (I was on his campaign listing and never got off), and he recently tried to garner support for a state race for someone who supported many of the same views as him. What did Gore do in 2000? I don't know. Kerry in 2004? I never heard anything. It always seems that the loser is supposed to shut up and support the winner, no matter what.

But that is wrong, we have the choice and responsibility to choose not because the choices are set before us, but by what we feel and know to be right and true. For some the matters come down to issues such as gun rights and abortion. For others, it comes down to knowing that if you choose what is before you you will be wrong before God and man.

I saw a quote early on from a British poster (I'm guessing) about how if you don't make dinner, you can't complain. That isn't entirely accurate. Even if you don't make the dinner you are served, you still have the right to say no and starve yourself. You can sit at the table and watch the others dine away at the choices set before them, but you can refuse, and make a stand.

Before I even got my ballot I had resolved to do just this. Sure you may think it is me throwing away my vote. But here is the thing: I voted for who I wanted, not for the "lesser of two evils" not for "the guy other than him", etc.

So Ron Paul doesn't win, at least I won't let my vote be fumbled over by the goons that are undeserving of my respect.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join