It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trees Contact Human, Explain Situation

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Wow....

I am friggin amazed at the absolute childish behavior of some of you posters. Never, in all my time here at ATS have I seen a more useless bunch of members posting absolute crap.
The OP has a point of view. He started a thread (or a few, that could very well be inexperience) and made his views known. How is that an invitation to attack him? I, myself, can find a lot to listen to in his post and it makes me SICK that you anti-posters can't just leave the posts you find absurd ALONE!.
Let me quote your faux pas-

ABOUT ATS: General ATS discussion etiquette

1) Be polite. Above all, we take pride in the fact that AboveTopSecret.com is renowned as a destination for civil and polite discussion of nearly anything. Treat your fellow ATS members with respect, and your time here will be rewarding.

Courtesy Is Mandatory

Our forums are here for people to be able to share opinions they cannot share with anyone else.

Confiding in people you've never met and trusting them with information you would otherwise never discuss is a step which takes courage.

When members are rude, they not only discourage those whom they intend to hurt, but offend everyone who reads their rude posts, and make the discussion environment less pleasant for everyone.

To engage in stimulating, topical discussion we must minimize the disruption caused by off-topic digressions, and insults or other forms of personal commentary are always off-topic.

Please Stay On Topic

And MOST importantly-
Terms And Conditions Of Use

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

The deplorable behavior towards TheLion in this thread is embarrassing to ATS and I pray that the Staff comes in here and starts issuing point deductions and warnings because this is NOT how ATS members conduct themselves with dignity and pride.

You guys suck and you know it.

TheLion- I appreciated the time you've taken to post what you did and I apologize for my felow posters behavior. Everybody should be able to post without fear of ridicule of their stance. If they were truely good posters, they would have either engaged you with questions or statements that support the topic. Please don't judge our whole book by this horrible cover.

Cuhail

link   
[edit on 3-10-2008 by Thebudweiserstuntman]

link   
reply to post by TheLion

Ok now i don't know whether this is a hoax or something you believe, however i ask you maybe edit your post with some paragraphs? I only made it half way through before my eyes gave up.

Also you might want to refrain from insulting members, isn't a good way to get your belief across.

[edit on 3-10-2008 by ImaginaryReality1984]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

If you read the posts from the start, lion insults anyone who questions him by telling them to go whack off - he got what he deserved

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Monty Python doing Lord of the Rings........

Narrator: Saruman is personally watching over his few remaining orcs as they continue cutting down trees near Isengard.

Grima: Master!

Saruman: It's about time-a you got here, Grima. Report!

Grima: Yes master. Your massive army has besieged Helm's Deep. Your enemies are doomed.

Saruman: Nice-a. Very nice-a... soon Rohan will be mine and-a Eowyn shall be yours.

Grima: Thank you! Thank you master! You are indeed the greatest of all wizards!

Saruman: (sighing) Yes, but given ze competition it wasn't as difficult as one-a would suppose.

Grima: Master, are you not happy to be the most powerful wizard of all time?

Saruman: I never wanted to be a wizard in ze first place! I—I wanted to be...

Grima To be what master?

Saruman: A LUMBERJACK!

Grima: (looking around at all the decimated trees) Well... that does explain a few things.

Saruman: Yes-a! Leaping from-a tree to tree! As zey float down-a ze mighty rivers of Middle Earth-a! With my best axe by-a my side!
Ze Larch!
Ze mighty Forlindon Pine-a!
Ze giant Yew of-a Mirkwood!
Ze towering Mallorns of-a Lorien!
Ze naughty Eriador Flashing Oak!
Ze flatulent Elm of-a West Osgiliath!
Ze Quercus Maximus Telperion Gascoigni!
I'd-a sing! Sing! Sing!

(a small group of orcs run over and gather near Saruman)

Saruman: Oh-a, I'm a lumberjack an' I'm okay, I sleep all night an' I work-a all day.

Orcs: He's a lumberjack and he's okay. He sleeps all night and he works all day.

Saruman: I cut down trees, I eat-a my lunch, I go to ze lavatory.
On Wednesdays I do experiments in-a animal husbandry.

Orcs: He cuts down trees, he eats his lunch, he goes to the lavatory.
On Wednesdays 'e does experiments in animal husbandry.

Saruman: I cut down trees, I breed-a cows an' orcs, ze are-a my dearest loves.
I put on-a women's clozing an' hang aroun' in-a pubs.

Orcs: He cuts down trees, he breeds cows and orcs, they are his dearest loves.
He puts on women's clothing and hangs around.... in pubs?!

Saruman: I chop-a down trees, I wear a bra, suspendies an' a thong-a.
I wish I'd been born an elf-a, 'cause-a zen I couldn't go wrong-a.

Orcs: He chops down trees, he wears a bra... suspendies? And a—a thong?!
What's this? Wants to be an elfie? Oh, my! Pervy-hippy-poofter!

Saruman: One-a last time lads, zis is-a my only musical type-a number!

Orcs: He's a lumberjack, and he's okaaaaaaayyy...
[crash]
[blam]
[thud]

Treebeard: What the bloody—

Saruman: Oh merde.

Treebeard: NOOOO!!! A ruddy wizard should know better! ENTS... ATTACK!!!

Ents: We come, we come with roll of drum, ta-runda runda runda rom!

Saruman: Run to ze tower! Run! Run! Run!

Merry: Once again the "comic relief" saves the day, eh?

Pippin: Yipee! Go trees, go! Good call on coming this way, Merry.

Merry: Yeah. I sure wish he would let us down, though. I've got splinters in places I didn't know I had.

Narrator: Unbeknownst to Saruman, it was at this point that the frantically retreating survivors of his defeated army were mercilessly ripped apart by a forest of orc-hating trees as they approached Isengard.

Grima: (running like mad) We—[huff] are—[puff] so—[huff-puff] screwed!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ImaginaryReality1984

Thanks imaginary reality - my point exactly

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by James Random

How much crack do we need to consume to be considered 'tuned'?

After reading the thread I'm going to guess a near overdose while laying next to a tree.

link   
reply to post by Cuhail

You may have a point and I was about to type something to TheLion related to his opening post but then I spotted this.....

Originally posted by TheLion
Its attitudes like that, that keep you stuck in your current knowledge. Enjoy ur whacking off.

Hence he lost any respect I may have had for him completely.

link   
Kryties, is there really any need for that?

It is unrelated and a waste of posting space, please stop.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by farther84

Apologies, it is very late here and I got carried away a little in my tiredness. I shall stop the quotes now.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Appreciate it.

(not a one liner)

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I say carry on.

Monty Python is genius - unlike the drivel that kicked off the thread.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Trees are amazing things, they live and breathe and think
en.wikipedia.org...(paranormal)

Trees can impart great knowledge, and you can feel the energy radiating off of them sometimes. Go sit with your back to one and meditate for a while, you'll see what I mean. But trees don't talk, not like this. You'll never get any language from a tree. And to say that trees "care" about our wars; eh? That's too hokey even for me.

As to why I think what I do about trees, I was raised around a lot of old old indians. Those people are closer to the earth than we ever will be; it's truly going to be a great loss when the last true indian dies. Most of the younger ones don't give two s**ts about the old spirituality. It's sad.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by FatherLukeDuke

I just noticed you are also sporting a Douglas Adams quote
Nicely done mate! I nearly used that one but I like the one I have now a little better...

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Thebudweiserstuntman

I DID read every post. And I found this to be the post that swung it off-topic:

Originally posted by Thebudweiserstuntman
Think you might have been overdoing it with the babybio there...go easy on the fertiliser my friend. And stay outta the sun!

So don't give me that crap about "He started it." It was a disjointed, almost rambling opening post, but, was instantly derailed by YOUR insulting, degrading post.

I'll support disjointed, rambling posts before I accept insulting, degrading posts. ATS is exactly the place people like TheLion can come to to get their ideas and suppositions out and with degrading posts like yours they are shunned here as well. How is THAT denying ignorance, budman? How have you denied ignorance? You try to come off as some witty, all-knowing poster, but, you fail and look feeble.

Advance the next ten threads you post in, I dare you. I dare you to post with integrity and intellegence. Forget about points, forget about post counts, just post to keep your self-respect. Post to enlighted ATS, not to make it your own stomping ground.

Cuhail out!

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Headshot

I agree, when I go out on my own, hiking and camping in the woods, I just feel the vibe, as if the trees were talking to me.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuhail

Agreed, something needs to be done about this, it really makes me want to puke.

ATS is being ruined, especially the last few weeks.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by Cuhail

You may have a point and I was about to type something to TheLion related to his opening post but then I spotted this.....

Originally posted by TheLion
Its attitudes like that, that keep you stuck in your current knowledge. Enjoy ur whacking off.

Hence he lost any respect I may have had for him completely.

That was his response to budweiserstuntman's off-topic degrading post. YOU supported the derailing of this thread and advanced that support by going off in a wild, Monty Python induced quote fest.
YOU have no respect to offer, much less lose. So I dare you too to post with some integrity.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by enigmania

Ahh so you WERE referring to me in a previous post then. Well, just FYI this is actually my second account. I have one I previously created a few years ago but forgot about until I recently restumbled into ATS looking for UFO information. I created this account instead because I did not like the name I used on the old account ('Better dead than Smeg' was the name before you ask...feel free to double-check that).

I usually never make 'youtube' style comments (except on the odd occasion when I am tired and the world is hazy) nor was 'Robbie Williams' my inspiration for joining.

In reference to the OP's post, I personally believe it to be a load of drug-induced drivel. That is my personal opinion and I was under the impression that freedom of speech was allowed here. If that is false please let me know so that I may never return to this site.

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by enigmania

That is my personal opinion and I was under the impression that freedom of speech was allowed here. If that is false please let me know so that I may never return to this site.

No, there is NOT a freedom of speech here. It is a privatly-owned site with Terms and Conditions of use.

Terms and Conditions

1f.) Relevant Content: You will not post messages that are clearly outside of the stated topic of any forums nor disrupt a forum by deliberately posting repeated irrelevant messages or copies of identical messages (also known as "flooding").

2) Behavior: You will not behave in an abusive, hateful and/or racist manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

Any questions? U2U a Mod. They'll be happy to clear up MY understanding of the T&C.

Freedom of Speech does NOT exist on ATS. Don't rely on it.
Cuhail

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join