It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Truth about US economy??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Marc Faber comment on US economy.
Investment analyst and entrepreneur Dr. Marc Faber concluded his monthly bulletin (June 2008) with the Following:

''The federal government is sending each of us a $600 rebate. If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, the money goes to China . If we spend it on gasoline it goes to the Arabs. If we buy a computer it will go to India . If we purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico , Honduras and Guatemala . If we purchase a good car it will go to Germany . If we purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan and none of it will help the American economy. The only way to keep that money here at home is to spend it on prostitutes and beer, since these are the only products still produced in US. I've been doing my part.'

Please ... star and Flag and comment...

Dont we produce something???

[edit on 3-10-2008 by communicator]

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 08:51 AM
link   
It was real bad to read this...

Yesterday I was watching a asian channel and the way they were describing the US economy was shocking... we do not see these on our cable tv or CNN etc...

the analyst was saying that they are peoposing the bailout but how... US goventment does not have $700 billion???

After the bailout was first rejected... Bush was pressing so hard that if this is not passed we will see worst consequences.... than why cant he stop war??? I think the war cant be stopped... because it was started all for profit... right??

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Yes the US does produce things. What people don't understand is the money is meant to be spent in local businesses. You pay them not the companies they buy their products from. What you want to support is local companies that sell products.

If you spend your rebate on businesses that are locally owned, (not chains or large corporations) you will indeed stimulate the American economy because the money will be spent by Americans to Americans.

When you buy from those large chains you spend your money internationally. Then it doesn't help the local economy as much as it helps large corporations that do their business overseas.

The mom & pop diner, perhaps they do spend their money overseas buying goods from South America, but you will be doing your part by eating in their establishment instead of a conglomerate chain. They will receive your money first which will help their bottom line, which in turn they can use to hire people locally that helps those people's bottom line, creating jobs.

So instead of taking your money to some huge chain, take your money to local merchants that really are the base of our economy. Help small business grow, and you will see that the economy will grow along with it. The days of the huge franchise chain should be over, it is time for us as Americans to invest in American companies, these are the small businesses. The easiest way to invest in these companies is to buy their products, use their services, and spend your money with them instead of these huge corporations that ship jobs overseas.

posted on Oct, 4 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I'm all in with you guys ,I have never purchased anything at WalMart! I think I'm the only one but it's true ,my money is for Americans,but I love your beer and whores theory,I do drink beer but being a female I guess I'll let you take care of the whores!

new topics

top topics

join