It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My short ghost stories

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 05:54 AM
link   
I'm currently 19 years old and what I experienced as a child has molded my interest in the paranormal. I grew up in a pretty strange house for 8 years, from 5 to 13, something like that. Both myself and all family members could contribute to their own stories, mine were probably the disturbing, at least to me.
The first time I experienced anything I was lying in my bed waiting to fall asleep when (Almost every night from then on) the hangers in my walk-in closet began to gently stir, I just listened to the metal clicking together when suddenly some toy fell off a shelf by it's self. Moments later a six...to seven foot I want to say figure appeared next to my bed staring at me. This "shadow person" was very clear and a perfect outline of a man. I'm pretty sure this was the first time I was ever truly frightened by anything and I simply turned around and looked by ten minutes later to find myself alone again to my assurance.
All in the meanwhile my two older sisters and mother were experiencing the basic electrical mishaps. Hair dryers, TVs, radios, turning on at random times during the night, those types of things. I was as well for that matter, but mostly TV. Sometimes I thought I heard my name being called, quite often, by a muffled female like voice. Hell, I was a kid but it seemed clear at the time (I wasn't the most imaginative kid). Another time I entered my sisters room looking for her only to realize she wasn't home and when I went to close the door the knob sporadically moved back and forth as I grabbed it.
Little things generated alot of fear so it was an everyday struggle to just ignore them. Maybe a month would go by just fine only to hear a conversation between say my mother and sister about some strange occurrence. Shortly after my grandfather died my mother and her sister were sorting through his belongings and found his favorite old fashioned watch. It had no batteries and had been "dead" for quite some time, it began to work for a good 30 seconds my mother and aunt recall.
I think the house may have had some portal open or something because "nice" things like above with my grandfathers watch would happen but then malevolent things would happen as I'm about to explain. Little older now, about eleven or twelve, I was sitting on my bed cross legged in the center, when all of the sudden these thumps from underneath me began to occur. They were pushing up the mattress I was seated upon. Meanwhile my young cat one or two years old is in the opposite side of the room (bed against corner) and he is looking under the bed with confusion and fright with his hair on his back. This freaked the hell out of me and don't blame me for not taking a look, I LEAPED off that bed and ran out of the room. That was probably the most unexplainable event to ever happen to me, because I trust my cat's senses over mine any day ha. After events like that I had witnessed many other things which made me not sleep well, day events such as watching my TV antennas BANG against the wall one or two times loudly. Clear as day, I just saw the two prongs move on their own.
The house was indeed creepy as my oldest sister later on absolutely refused to ever sleep in her room again, she took over the family room. Both myself and my sisters witnessed as the TV spitted out captions saying "How dare you disturb my sleep?" on the early pay-per-view blue screens as we were waiting for a movie. I wish events such as only lights and electronic mishaps occurred because then I could have had a peace of mind and half dismissed it in my mind blaming it on technology. Unfortunately my family wasn't allowed that comfort as events always continued. Always "someone" typing in the computer room, with no one in there, always electronics turning on, I'm glad to not live their anymore but it has definitely made me think alot about life in general.
They say the area used to be an Indian burial ground, I don't know what to think of it all, I respect it though. Thanks

posted on Oct, 4 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Wow! Creepy experiences for sure! Do any of your family members still live there?? It would have been interesting to have gotten some background info on the house or land.

join