It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When I Met Kerry

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This guy wrote in on the Lew Rockwell Blog about the time he met Sen. Kerry. He was a pilot flying him around Vietnam. It's one guy's view. Interesting, but not surprising.

February 07, 2004
When I Met Kerry
Posted by Guest Blogger at February 7, 2004 11:50 AM

Writes Hal Cranmer:

I would like to add my two cents about my John Kerry experience. During my career as an Air Force pilot, I spent two years flying a small twin engine prop plane around the Pacific from my base in Okinawa, Japan. On one trip we had to fly Senator Kerry, his congressional aide, and a Navy Captain (Vietnam, A-4 fighter pilot)who was also in Kerry's party to various locations in Vietnam and Cambodia as part of the MIA/POW talks. When I met him, he was wearing a shirt with a picture of his sailboat on it. I told him I had a small 27 sailboat in Okinawa, he remarked 'Oh I never sail on anything less than 135 feet'.

blog.lewrockwell.com...

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Seems many of these leaders have something in common.

ARROGANCE

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Oh sheesh, anything under 135 feet just ain't worth my attention. The hell with Kerry too. Another worthless, over-indulged, American politician...

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by project_pisces

ARROGANCE

Well said. If someone would have told me that, senator or not, I think I would have shoved his head up his ass.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
It's my own fault for clicking a link to someone's "blog" but CRIMONY!

Kerry ate my pizza and made me late?

I want the last three minutes of my life back. ECK you're normally a great poster, but honestly I've never felt so put out by a link on ATS.

I guess I expected more.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by m0rbid

Originally posted by project_pisces

ARROGANCE

Well said. If someone would have told me that, senator or not, I think I would have shoved his head up his ass.

What got me is when Kerry made those pilots wait in the heat of the cockpit - and when he demanded they fly in the face of possible engine malfunction. You'd have to restrain me from deckin' him, too.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
propaganda? or just a circumstancially led restrained statement?
no doubt, this is very disappointing, when you look at europe and the rest of the world waiting breathlessly in encouraging anticipation for the U.S to finally aqcuire an adequately mannered president... *sigh*

Cyrus.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
You couldn�t pay me to vote for that clown. He brings nothing to the table and takes a side on nothing

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
It's my own fault for clicking a link to someone's "blog" but CRIMONY!

Kerry ate my pizza and made me late?

I want the last three minutes of my life back. ECK you're normally a great poster, but honestly I've never felt so put out by a link on ATS.

I guess I expected more.

I'd give 'em to ya if I had 'em to give back.
Sorry to disappoint you, Rant. I normally wouldn't post a link to a blog, but it sounded truthful. (I used to be in a helicopter unit.) I just thought it was useful to show an inside peek of the man who would like to be the next president. I can't pick on Bush all the time!

You can believe it or not. But, LewRockwell.com is a solid site.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
While not being a very big John Kerry supporter, I would like to point out a few facts:

1) John Kerry owns his own boat
2) It is called the "Scaramouche"
3) It is a mere 42' long, not 135'
4) It is a motor vessel, not a sailboat.

It seems to me, knowing these facts, that maybe, just maybe, Kerry's supposed remarks could have been an attempt a humour?

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Perhaps, at the time, Mr. Kerry had a different boat?

After reading that comment, I stopped for a moment to ponder it. Maybe he felt safer in a larger vessel. Maybe he liked a bigger boat b/c of the length of his trips; or b/c he took people out with him and liked to entertain (needing more space).

It was just to point out arrogance, at any rate. Kerry doesn't impress me at all. He fought for this country honorably, but he's sold out, too. This thread wasn't meant to flame Kerry for Bush. Neither of them should be president, in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   
The news stations are showing clips of Kerry snowboarding, what a great way to capture the young voters attention!

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
The news stations are showing clips of Kerry snowboarding, what a great way to capture the young voters attention!

LOL! Dude, if he can do a 360 and land it, I'll move in the US and vote for him!

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Someone made a great point: Kerry was too good to vacation at home and go skiing with the little people. He had to go out West like the rich and famous.

On the other hand: I would love to be dropped from a helicopter into the beautiful Utah powder to ski down in perfect isolation. So, I can't really fault the guy on goin' out there. Anyone who loves to ski would go there if they could.

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

top topics

join