It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feeling Powerless? Do I Have a Conspiracy Theory for You

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Control freaks have a bad name, but they shouldn’t. When you feel you have some control over your work, you feel less stress even when the actual task is identical to when someone is standing over you ordering you to finish; when you can control, or even when you just believe (incorrectly) that you can control the duration of painful shocks, they don’t hurt as much. Even when control is out of the question, just knowing what’s in store can be beneficial: when you learn details about colonoscopy, your anxiety drops and you will likely recover more quickly, as a 1999 study in The Lancet showed.

Feeling Powerless? Do I Have a Conspiracy Theory for You

seeing things that aren’t there, falling victim to conspiracy theories and developing superstitions.

Victim indeed. Notice how they use the example how we may be falling vicitm to the conspiracy theory regarding the current financial "crisis"

I agree that knowledge make me feel more powerful,more in control of my own life but I am really annoyed that they call that being victimized.

What do you guys think?

posted on Oct, 3 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Completely expected! Perpetrators of true conspiracies can only survive by trivialising the entire truth-seeking movement. Besides, the article says 'when you feel that things are beyond your control... you fall prey to what the scientists call “illusory pattern perception”'. And yes, I do feel that things are beyond my control, but only because I am not oblivious to the truth, not because I'm a crackpot.

So essentially, the article is linking feelings of helplessness with 'falling prey' to ridiculous conspiracy theories, instead of observing the truth - which is the opposite way round. We feel helpless because we are privy to the truth.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   
My sister and her partner vs me. We go back and forth on this issue fighting for common ground.

I believe you control you reality to a point by what you choose to accept and choose not to accept. We each control our universe but it acts and reacts with others universes forming well a multiverse of multiverses.

We could be quite limitless and in total control if we weren't trying to grasp water. Things such as fear,hate,regret slowly seep away our strength and creative forces.

As the yoke around the neck gets heavier the human is sheparded to conclusions based on disinformation and opinion instead of using his true divine force and connection he is slowly plowed to death in bondage.

Ignoring reality will not make it go away. I don't see a need for the NWOs criminal totalitarian centralization of power which infringes on everyone's abilties and potential, sadly it exists.

These things cannot be thought away yet but when I finally get from between these two dimensions Ill let you know how it turns out.

join