It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus was killed on a stake not a cross.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Why check his hands when crucifixion was done through the wrist? Even then of course a person could be crucified to a stake with the feet to the sides, nailed through the heel (as evidence supports), and with arms raised overhead separately.

posted on Apr, 12 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
i have numerous comments for numerous postings:

Groo the Wanderer:It is possible that in the orginal text 'nails' was not written in plural. im guessing you were refering to the NKJV, but other versions (such as NIV) do not refer to nails in his hands, but "nails" refering to all the nails used on his body (aka, hands and feet)

Balu: you said "ultimately connected to the worship of the sun (as Christianity ultimately is)". i would like to know your thoughts behind saying that Christians are Sun Worshipers. Call me uneducated, but i have never heard that idea before

Jungle Jake: you said that "If it was just a stake, you wouldn't be able to lift yourself." however, if your feet were nailed as well, couldnt you push off of them?

ImAlreadyPsycho:yes, many things have been added to the christian religion that have no biblical standing. which brings up a good point: why all these changes? how the cross was really shaped, and did mary really ride into bethlehem on a donkey?

ilovepizza:how is a stake less useful to the church? ive seen necklaces with a stake representing the stake in His side. I do not see the point you were trying to make.

and keeping to the cross/conspiracy issue, whats with the "authentic" chips of wood from the cross that are sold? i think its stupid that ppl cash in on the holy beliefs of another, and even stupidier for the religous ppl to believe the venders and buy these hoaxes.

<< 1   >>

join