It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was your favorite band during your youth?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeptic1
Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young

Me, too!
I had every album of the group in all its incarnations and each soloist. Ahhh... I loved those guys. Still do. My brother took me to see Steven Stills and Graham Nash for my 14th birthday...

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:46 AM
link   
First band to really effect me and my outlook on life during my youth were without a doubt The Sex Pistols closely followed by The Clash then by Stiff Little Fingers.

Due to the longevity and diversity of musical types The Clash have remained closest to me, S.L.F are still great to this day and I love listening to The Bollocks album every couple of months or so, it is so full of raw power and angst and the 'up yours' attitude that is still dear to me today!

Allthough I have a very broad taste in and passion for music that borders on all consuming, there have been bands that have come and gone, i've stuck with some some bands over a lot of years, however, the only bands since to effect me in similair ways since have been The Stone Roses and The Levellers.

[edit on 10/10/08 by Freeborn]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 10:36 AM
link   
My favorite groups were The Beatles, The Beach Boys, Simon and Garfunkel, Herman's Hermits, The Rolling Stones, The Lettermen, The Association, Van Morrison. to name a few.

Youth is kind of a slippery term, so I'm speaking of before I turned eighteen.

[edit on 2008/10/10 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Oct, 10 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
My favorite band when I was a kid was ABBA!
Later it was Modern Talking
, Rick Astley, Erasure and Roxette

top topics

<< 1   >>

join